Should I tell her or keep it a secret?

• Should I tell her or keep it a secret?

I was diagnosed with Leukemia over a year ago, and my “fling” and I started talking about 6 months ago. She’s not my girlfriend but we’ve been talking and going on dates for months now. Anyways I was contemplating on wither or not I should tell her if I have Leukemia or not, before I try to make her my girlfriend? My fear is it will freak her out and that will push her away from me. :confused:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=2]Never take life serious, no one makes it out [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]alive anyways. :)[/SIZE]
    • Re: Should I tell her or keep it a secret?

I don't really think it matters when you tell her, before or after you ask her to be your girlfriend. I think if you tell her before you ask her to be your girlfriend, it would be a good test to see how much you really mean to her, or how much she cares about you. If this affects her choice on whether or not she wants to be your girlfriend. I honestly think it shouldn't, just because you have leukemia shouldn't change how she feels about you.

But overall, you should tell her. Don't keep it a secret if you intend on having her be your girlfriend, because it's not something you should keep from her. Find the right time, I think it's best if before you ask her to be your girlfriend, to tell her that you have something to tell her that you don't want to affect your relationship, but it's something you think she should know.

Hope this helps a little
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Tomyboy1337 wrote:

You know the movie "A walk to remember?"
      You're like in the exact same situation but the girl had the sickness.
      I suggest you tell her. But find the right time to do it

LoL I was thinking the same thing, you need to tell her.
      Btw sorry about your Luekemia bro :cries:
      [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun![/SIZE]

It would be best to tell her before you date her. The beginnings of a dating relationship are emotional enough, you don't need to add to it by dropping the bomb. Tell her before you two date so that she is prepared and knows what to expect.

If it pushes her away, then she is judging you for the wrong reasons. That's like judging a blind guy, not wanting to be near him. It's just absurd and wrong. If she detaches herself from you, then you know it's for the best because you shouldn't associate yourself with those kinds of people.

And because of the AWTR mention:
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENj0UOb4Hk']YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

She might not want to deal with it though? You know like put up with all the drama behind it and I understand that. As for a Walk to Remeber ehm guys I'm not dying or anything, I just have Leukemia. lol
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=2]Never take life serious, no one makes it out [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]alive anyways. :)[/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wam0bie ().

I honestly think you should tell her before you guys get serious so you see just how much she cares. Because if she cares about you, then it shouldn't be a problem. And you don't want it to affect the relationship.

I personally don't think anyone should turn away from someone because of something like this anyway.

libbeh wrote:

Nah. It's none of her business.

:nono:
      If you were dating someone, wouldn't you want to know if they had a lethal disease? I mean, it's not major or anything, just a mere convenience to know when they're going to drop dead.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

I personally think you should. It's not like you have an STD or anything. The only real problem would be is if you were getting married and you got REALLY sick and hadn't told her, and she might not marry you because she loved you so much she can't stand to see you in so much pain.
      Go ahead and tell her man.

Wam0bie wrote:

I was diagnosed with Leukemia over a year ago, and my “fling” and I started talking about 6 months ago. She’s not my girlfriend but we’ve been talking and going on dates for months now. Anyways I was contemplating on wither or not I should tell her if I have Leukemia or not, before I try to make her my girlfriend? My fear is it will freak her out and that will push her away from me. :confused:

:/ i think u should tell her. if she loves u, it wont push her away :)

If anything, telling her is like letting her deeper into your life. It's not necessary to tell everyone you know you have leukemia, but if you tell her that you do, it might make her feel like she's not just anyone.

The more you tell a person about your more secret self, the more that the person will feel close to you. I'm not sure if you'll get what I mean by this, but here's my example. My boyfriend's told me that he has this blind spot in his eye, a very small one, that came from when his sister or cousin scratched his eye. It's something he's been worrying about because he thinks it might be getting slightly bigger.

When he told me about his problem that could grow into something serious, I wasn't pushed away. I didn't think, 'Ugh, I'm going to have to deal with this in the future.' I thought, 'I didn't know he already trusted me enough to let me know this.' I mean, it's a pretty solemn thing. What if he becomes blind in one eye from a scratch he received as a child? If anything, it made me grow closer to him, not push me away from him.

Hopefully you'll be able to relate that to your situation. If she likes you, she won't be pushed away, but rather, drawn in, and extending sympathy towards you.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

If you're looking to be in a long-term commitment with this girl, then I think it's best if you tell her before asking her to be your girlfriend. After all, doesn't she have a say as to whether or not she wants to be with you in your condition? I know that you're afraid that she will run away, but it's all about trust and being honest with each other. After all, that's what relationships are - not only are there feelings for each other, but it's about being honest with each other and being comfortable with each other. And I think if you plan on pursuing a committed relationship with her, she has the right to know that you have Leukemia. I think, however, that you should tell her when the time is right, but before you ask her to commit to a relationship with you.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]