Sexting!

• Re: Sexting!

GlitzFairy wrote:

I don't want people's lives to be ruined because they pressed send. I want to change people's live starting right now, I'm trying to educate people about it today.

actually, you're doing more the opposite and making me realize how much it wouldn't matter if i sent nudes. hell, especially if there's no face in it how is anyone gonna know that its you? the only reason id care about something like that getting out on a major scale is because one day i may become very well known, and i dont need everyone on twitter to flatter me and my sexy body :cool:

breakboy wrote:

actually, you're doing more the opposite and making me realize how much it wouldn't matter if i sent nudes. hell, especially if there's no face in it how is anyone gonna know that its you? the only reason id care about something like that getting out on a major scale is because one day i may become very well known, and i dont need everyone on twitter to flatter me and my sexy body :cool:

So what if your face isn't in it? Why would you send it in the first place, Why do you want people looking at your body? Why would you want to expose yourself? That to me tells me something about you.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Good Ass Job. wrote:

No it isn't.

And it's people in this world that think like that, that ends up having problems in the future.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=4]Our song is a slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late tappin' on your window. <3 [/SIZE]

Good Ass Job. wrote:

But you said I'd have problems in the future, merely because I have a different opinion to you.

I said "People" not you. I didn't say it just because of different opinion, I said it because of that's what I've mostly seen.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=4]Our song is a slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late tappin' on your window. <3 [/SIZE]

Well, taking into consideration that girls and guys both have committed suicide over the unwanted spread of sexual content regarding themselves over the internet (whether it be phone or computer), I'd say it's something that needs to be stopped. I understand all the kids coming in here think it's fine and dandy, and that's your own personal choice on what you send, but obviously kids don't know the full extent of the consequences of sending one measly picture.
      Kids these days...

OnEMesSduPKiD wrote:

Well, taking into consideration that girls and guys both have committed suicide over the unwanted spread of sexual content regarding themselves over the internet (whether it be phone or computer), I'd say it's something that needs to be stopped. I understand all the kids coming in here think it's fine and dandy, and that's your own personal choice on what you send, but obviously kids don't know the full extent of the consequences of sending one measly picture.

Thank you so much for that comment, You are absolutely correct. I totally agree with you, Sexting is something so serious, this is why i stress it.

Good Ass Job. wrote:

People commit suicide over a lot of things. If you want to use that as an argument pretty much everything should be illegal.

I know someone who committed suicide because his parents divorced. Does that mean we should force people to stay in a marriage that no longer works?
      No it means we should stress to teenagers and young adults that the consequences that sometimes come with marriage and pregnancy are much more serious then the discomfort they feel living in such situations.

You honestly think it's just another event that a kid committed suicide because his parents broke up?
      Kids these days...

GlitzFairy wrote:

So what if your face isn't in it? Why would you send it in the first place, Why do you want people looking at your body? Why would you want to expose yourself? That to me tells me something about you.

then you can judge all you want :rolleyes:

can you imagine where society would be if everyone in history cared too much about others' approval to do what they wanted?

breakboy wrote:

GlitzFairy wrote:

then you can judge all you want :rolleyes:

can you imagine where society would be if everyone in history cared too much about others' approval to do what they wanted?

That IS the problem today, People send nude pics to get a certain approval from others. This is what's wrong with society, We are all living in this kind of world and its not acceptable.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I've posted this forum about sexting because i think it's something serious and it means something to me. I would have never expected to get the comments that i have received, people were so with sexting and saying it's not even a big deal. I was blown away when i read them. All i have to say is You'll never know how serious it is until you press send.

GlitzFairy wrote:

breakboy wrote:

That IS the problem today, People send nude pics to get a certain approval from others. This is what's wrong with society, We are all living in this kind of world and its not acceptable.

by who's standards? you're saying it like all naked photos sent are only sent to seek approval, when really there are tons of people looking to do something fun and spice up their relationship. are you going to tell me that fun should be banned because somebody might hurt himself? then you should also look to re-ban drinking, because drinking has killed WAYY more people than sexting has

breakboy wrote:

GlitzFairy wrote:

by who's standards? you're saying it like all naked photos sent are only sent to seek approval, when really there are tons of people looking to do something fun and spice up their relationship. are you going to tell me that fun should be banned because somebody might hurt himself? then you should also look to re-ban drinking, because drinking has killed WAYY more people than sexting has

This has nothing to do with drinking, you can never compare drinking to this. Sexting can be preventable. I get so sad sometimes when i hear about wonderful teens committing suicide because of this. It breaks my heart. If people are looking to spice up relationships THIS IS NOT the way to do it, Absolutely not. Sexting can be stopped, and i will try until i can't fight anymore. Sexting is NEVER fun.

I'm not even sure what the point of sexting is, the whole thing feels trashy to me and I'm a dude :confused: I figured if the person is interested in seeing my parts then I would rather flash them in person. You never know what that person might do with those pictures, what if they foward them to others and so on? Idk how comfortable people feel exposing their naked bodies via a txt msg. I sure don't..
      [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun![/SIZE]

breakboy wrote:

There are huge differences between those two. Drinking (in the United States) is illegal until the age of 21, for good reason. Kids under that age (and even over that age), majority of the time are not mature enough to drink responsibly.

Sexting on the other hand, has no age range. Anybody can do it. Maturity is not, but should be a factor in the act. Is a 30 year old man going to send nude pictures to his friends of his ex-wife? Maybe. Is it going to crush her the same way it would a teenage girl? Absolutely not.

The acts you comparing are similar in the sense they both need to be measured through maturity, and they are not. What they are not comparable by is death rates, as you are implying.
      Kids these days...