Second Date Troubles

• Second Date Troubles

I've been thinking a lot the past few days about a guy I just met. He's seems too good to be true.
      I've been in bad relationships before, cheated on, used for sex. Most of the time, played like a harp.
      I believe the reason is, I am honest. I'm one of the most honest, nicest girls you'll ever meet. (Even when I'm not nice, I'm genuine) So, I think men sometimes uses this against me to get what they want.

I've only been out with this guy once, but I don't want to waste my time, emotions, and thoughts on a man who's looking to manipulate me.

Is this topic too intense for a second encounter? Or good because it's straightforward? Guys, if you were playing her, and she told you this, would you stop wasting your time? Or keep at it?

Thank you.
    • Re: Second Date Troubles

There's no way you're going to have a decent relationship if you're going to be skeptical after the first date and are already wrongfully suspicious before you give him a chance. I really don't think you should bring up the topic to him, because if a guy wants to use you, he's going to go along with whatever you say because he won't care about your feelings once he's done with you.

And if he's not going to use you, you are already asking what his intentions are through words before he even gets a chance to prove them through actions. See how he treats you, what he does for you, if he respects your thoughts and wishes, if he listens intently to you, etc. etc. etc. Those are all signs of a decent guy, so let him prove himself to you.

It would make an awkward conversation anyway, for a second date.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President