Help, I really screwed up

• Help, I really screwed up

I'm sharing this from the heart, I know it's long & detailed but this is the situation I'm in.

So about two weeks ago, I broke up w/ the girl of my dreams, the most beautiful, caring girl I had ever met. We had been together for 10 months & she was completely in love w/ me, & I was in love with her, she would've given me the world if she could. She basically lived in my dormroom at college & gave me everything a man could ever want & more. She always said I want to be with you forever, I love you & I felt the same way. I truly love her, & I broke up w/ her for no reason, I am so stupid, I threw the love of my life & my best friend away like a piece of trash, for no reason.

Almost immediately after, I realized my terrible mistake, after a week & a half of talking & her crying to me & me telling her I love her & want to be with her, we got back together.(I never did anything w/ anything else despite calls & texts from about 4 other girls when I became single asking me hey wanna come over, hey I need someone to share my bed with ;-)) etc, I turned them all down, I just wanted the girl of my dreams back.

A few days after we got back together, I go to the store around 2:00pm & get her a dozen red roses, write her a note, get her chocolates, I wanted to prove to her so much that I would treat her the best again, that I wanted her to be my girlfriend.

Things between us were still on the outs but they were getting better, or so I thought. That day around 4:00pm, her friend called me & said "I know she's my friend but there's something you should know..."

Her friend proceeded to tell me that the night before she had gotten drunk & cheated on me, & did stuff with another kid, after drinking. I went to confront her & she had hickeys on her neck. She admitted doing stuff, I told her we are done, absolutely done. I was so enraged, but I kept cool on the outside as best I could.

Last night, I found out from the same friend that she had done stupid stuff w/ this kid again. I texted her & told her it's disgusting that she's whoring around & the hickeys were disgusting & I loved her & expected more from her & how could she do this. Next thing I know her best friend calls me & tells me she's flipping out & crying, balling her eyes out, doesn't know what to do.

I've been given everything a man could ever want in life & honestly I've thrown it all away.

I feel worthless, I've squandered the gifts God's given me & used them for my own gain. I've hurt people, many people in the process. Everyone thinks I'm this nice genuine person, but I always do things like this, I build those around me in life up then I tear them down & throw them away like garbage. People are like dude you're so lucky, but I use it & abuse it senselessly, I crush the people close to me all 2 often.

I feel like a complete asshole, a terrible person, & I've lost the girl I love w/ all my heart forever & hurt her in the process.

I did this to the girl I dated before her. She tried so hard, another beautiful, gorgeous, amazing girl, & I pushed her away, over & over again for years until there was nothing left.

Had I never met the girl of my dreams, I could've never hurt her. She would truly be better off, her life would be better.

I could barely even get out of bed today, I've had a knot in my stomach for two weeks, my friends care but don't realize. I'm feeling like a complete asshole, I screwed it up, just like I screw everything up. I'm not sure what to do, I've never posted on a forum like this I'm not sure what to expect but thanks in advance for any advice, anything. You can just tell me I'm a complete failure & that will be very accurate & much appreciated.

The post was edited 2 times, last by SilverViper ().

• Re: Help, I really screwed up

Give it time to cool down.
      If she really is the girl of your dreams, if you guys truly loved eachother, you won't let this end it all.

Just give everything some time. That's all you can do. Don't try to get even with her by doing some stupid shit with another girl, it just needs time.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

Before you call her a whore and all that, realize that she was upset, angry, confused, and hurt by what you did, especially if it was for no reason. She didn't know why you did that to her and she probably hated you for it, so the way she felt like she needed to cope with it was to drink, and then one thing led to another.

The best thing you can do is what Bear said. You may also want to calmly talk to her and ask her why she did what she did. She may also retort with an inquiry as to why you dumped her, so be prepared for both of you to share all of your feelings. Getting things out in the open will heal them more quickly.

Realize that some relationships are not meant to last, but some are. It's up to you to decide if the feelings you two have for each are worth repairing. I don't think either of you are at any fault here, so work through it together.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

this probably wont make you feel any better, but you're in college, she knew what she was doing when she got drunk and chose to do it, she didnt get taken advantage of, if she didn't want to to that then she shouldn't have put herself in that position. and why do you feel like you did this to her? you didnt cheat on her, and i know that it's hard to not do when you're being offered it, but she did, she went out and offered herself, you're not the one you should be disappointed with at all. you made your mistake and broke up with her, but she made an even bigger one, and that wasn't your fault.

i agree woth bear though, give it time, but don't beat yourself up over it, it wasn't your fault, it was her
      Never give in, Never give up, and NEVER settle for second place

First thing to do is calm down.
      You better do something extravagant to win her back. And not just some lame roses and chocolate anymore. Something that would show her that you really are truly sorry about what you said and it would never happen again, and at the same time it shows that you truly treasure her no matter what she has and will do.