Mute

• I haven't been depressed in a long time, but about 2 years ago I was really depressed. After a year of being depressed I stopped talking entirely, talking only when I had to. and every time somebody talked to me I just wanted to slap them, I literally didn't say a word for a good 2 months. Now I talk to people, but I can go for days without talking to anybody. I am not depressed I just think that people are stupid and a waste of my time. I feel like I could live in my head. Is this a problem?
      [FONT="System"][SIZE="4"]I find it funny that thing that built me up,
      is the same thing that broke me down.[/SIZE][/FONT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tanner ().

• I am usually the same way about people, in regards to them being stupid and a waste of my time. However, I don't think this is entirely connected to not talking to people. You should just surround yourself with people with similar interests or who you think are intelligent so you can enjoy conversation with them.

I think it's a problem if it affects your work skills. If a job requires you to talk to customers, what are you going to do? Most of my customers aren't proficient with computers yet I have to talk to them to make a sale and have a conversation with them that leads to the sale. You just have to get over it and realize you can't just ignore people who don't meet your expectations of intelligence, skill, etc.

Also, I will reply to your PM soon. =] I'm gathering stuff for you, plus working on several projects and homework.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President
    • DREAM3R wrote:

I haven't been depressed in a long time, but about 2 years ago I was really depressed. After a year of being depressed I stopped talking entirely, talking only when I had to. and every time somebody talked to me I just wanted to slap them, I literally didn't say a word for a good 2 months. Now I talk to people, but I can go for days without talking to anybody. I am not depressed I just think that people are stupid and a waste of my time. I feel like I could live in my head. Is this a problem?

normaly yes...

but from my point of view hell no.

i love living in my mind. its much more perfect then this black-hole we call reality.

"i reject your reality and substitute my own" -i love that....

id suggest you talk to people, and be "social" but id be a hypocrite.

i do talk to people, i get a good laugh sometimes.

i understand what your thinking;

but;

do you feel separate from humanity? different? sometimes others make you feel like you hate them?
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net
    • artizhay wrote:

I am usually the same way about people, in regards to them being stupid and a waste of my time. However, I don't think this is entirely connected to not talking to people. You should just surround yourself with people with similar interests or who you think are intelligent so you can enjoy conversation with them.

I think it's a problem if it affects your work skills. If a job requires you to talk to customers, what are you going to do? Most of my customers aren't proficient with computers yet I have to talk to them to make a sale and have a conversation with them that leads to the sale. You just have to get over it and realize you can't just ignore people who don't meet your expectations of intelligence, skill, etc.

Also, I will reply to your PM soon. =] I'm gathering stuff for you, plus working on several projects and homework.

Yeah, A job like that would make me want to skin a kitten.
      A CUTE LITTLE KITTEN!, I have been trying to get along,
      @ThePM: It's cool bro.

The Sorrow wrote:

normaly yes...

but from my point of view hell no.

i love living in my mind. its much more perfect then this black-hole we call reality.

"i reject your reality and substitute my own" -i love that....

id suggest you talk to people, and be "social" but id be a hypocrite.

i do talk to people, i get a good laugh sometimes.

i understand what your thinking;

but;

do you feel separate from humanity? different? sometimes others make you feel like you hate them?

I definitely feel different, I wouldn't say hate, it's just like everything someone says makes me want to punch them in the head, but they aren't doing it on purpose, they don't even know they're doing it. and I kind of like being able to live in my head, It's good to know that it isn't just me.
      [FONT="System"][SIZE="4"]I find it funny that thing that built me up,
      is the same thing that broke me down.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    • DREAM3R wrote:

I haven't been depressed in a long time, but about 2 years ago I was really depressed. After a year of being depressed I stopped talking entirely, talking only when I had to. and every time somebody talked to me I just wanted to slap them, I literally didn't say a word for a good 2 months. Now I talk to people, but I can go for days without talking to anybody. I am not depressed I just think that people are stupid and a waste of my time. I feel like I could live in my head. Is this a problem?

do you feel as if you're too smart for others? like, you know, everyone around you is amused by the smallest and shittiest of things, they don't understand you, their perspective is too weak to draw a clear picture of you and they can't seem to use more than like... 20% of the brain at any given time and stuff similar to that? cuz lot of time i feel that way, i suspect two things here,

either 1. you are much smarter than them, higher than average IQ (and i don't mean IQ mark you get from those dumb mobile apps, i mean an actual IQ test), and more mature (thus letting you understand things that most others, or most others in your age group would fail to understand)

or 2. you're just too full of yourself and are too self egoistic.

if you answer the question above honestly, you will be able to see which one of the 2 is right, for me, it seems to be a bit of both. i am too full of myself, but i have also noticed (not to boast or anything) i seem to be more mature compared to most other teens (at least more mature than the ones i hangout with) as i usually find their jokes pathetically weak, lack logic, and are usually just offending others (i have been through some times which really just raped my innocence (not a literal rape, but i guess mental abuse), since then i had lost my usually childish sense of humour. my math IQ was diagnosed to be borderlining above average and gifted and yes, many times i do get the feeling that some people just don't know there is a thing called brain and theres a way of using it.

either way, i'd guess that both reasons are common among many people.
      Welcome to the world; welcome to the biggest Mindfuck of your life