Should homosexuals have their own bathrooms?

• Re: Should homosexuals have their own bathrooms?

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Nah, I kid. :p

But to be serious, your premise is kinda silly because you're implying that bathrooms and locker rooms are areas for getting your jollies on with other naked people of whatever sex to which you are attracted. As we all know, this isn't what locker rooms are intended for, they're just for showering and doing your business. The fact that some gay/bisexual guys might be happily checking out other guys in the shower is merely incidental, and not a valid reason as why there should be a co-ed shower for straight guys to check out naked chicks. (I mean, you could mention this to your college's administration and see what they think, but I don't know how well it would go over! :D )

I've taken locker room showers with other guys before, and although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't checking some of them out, I made sure my mind was for the most part, elsewhere. Because honestly, I'm not one to leer at people like that, since I am aware that others prefer to leave the shower with their dignity intact, and I need to respect that. Plus, as someone already mentioned, for every attractive person you'd see naked, there'd be at least an equal number of unattractive or downright hideous people as well. I know in that shower I took, quite a few of them had bodies and physiques that almost turned me into stone just with a glance. :o

Furthermore, the more levels of segregation there are, the sillier and messier things get. Really and truly, it's dumb to have anything more than two locker rooms, one for males and one for females.

jerry wrote:

I don't believe in bisexualism.
      guys who claim they are 'bisexual' still go for guys 99.9% of the time

That percentage is obviously made up, but in reality one does not have to be equally attracted to both sexes to be bisexual. From the Wikipedia article:

Wikipedia article on Bisexuality wrote:

Bisexuality does not require that a person be attracted equally to both sexes. People who have a distinct but not exclusive preference for one sex over the other may still identify themselves as bisexual.

Is someone who eats meat and vegetables but prefers vegetables a vegan? No. ;)

At first when I read the thread title I was like wow dick move.. but the more I think about it the more I can see why, but it's just discrimination in it's own right. Then again so are male and female bathrooms. I'm not to overly concerned though, and I think the current set up works just fine.

THUNDERSTRUCK wrote:

So, I was thinking about it. In my college, dorm bathrooms aren't co-ed for obvious reasons. That leaves us with a single-sex bathroom. However, gays are able to take showers with the sex they love. Why can't I? How is that fair?

Your thoughts?

Believe or not homosexuals actually go to the bathroom for the same reason you go. They don't go to find a date; they go to use the bathroom. Same thing with taking showers. I think the idea of having bathrooms just for homosexuals is stupid.

good question, but i think it would get too complicated. Would i be able to go into a bathroom just for lesbians I mean Im a girl and it doesnt matter to me . . . but then there would be the fact that some people would see it as if theyre are bathrooms for gays i shouldnt see any gays in the hetro bathrooms at all anymore. So then we'd have to inforce that both ways right? So what happens if I go into a bathroom for lesbians only and claim to be bisexual??? O.O see too complicated.
      . . . tramlaw ni xes gnivah ekil stI :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Deadmau5 wrote:

That percentage is obviously made up, but in reality one does not have to be equally attracted to both sexes to be bisexual. From the Wikipedia article:

Haha yea the statistic was made up, but its what ive gathered from your posts

How often do you hit on a girl?
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Papa Bear ().

jerry wrote:

I got the perfect solution:

straight males and lesbians in one bathroom
      straight girls and homosexuals in another

1. Straight males will jack off to the lesbians
      2. Lesbians will have sex with each other
      3. Gays will have sex with each other
      4. Straight girls will sit there putting makeup on (or otherwise in the kitchen)

THUNDERSTRUCK wrote:

That would certainly make me feel uncomfortable. :p

Then this is what you and all the other straight men in here prompting your ridiculous idea, is when ever you go into the showers yell out whose gay? And if anyone responds you wait until they exist so you wouldn’t feel uncomfortable showering with them because god forbid they see your little willy. That way no one has to be segregated and comply with your ridiculous proposal. Problem Solved! :wink:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]Love Has No [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Color[/SIZE]

Tessa98 wrote:

Then this is what you and all the other straight men in here prompting your ridiculous idea, is when ever you go into the showers yell out whose gay? And if anyone responds you wait until they exist so you wouldn’t feel uncomfortable showering with them because god forbid they see your little willy. That way no one has to be segregated and comply with your ridiculous proposal. Problem Solved! :wink:

Is this not why bathrooms are segregated between sexes? God forbid guys see a girl naked? Why don't we just wait till they exit? Oh, my bad, wait until they "exist."
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President