Homosexual Marriage

• Homosexual Marriage

So I have absolutely never understood this, why is it that some people are so opposed to homosexual marriage. I understand that it doesn't align with your personal beliefs, but why should you restrict their rights. It in no way impacts your life.

Edit - I am straight if anyone was wondering.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pat93 ().

• Re: Homosexual Marriage

People believe their religion is right... right?
      And people hold their religion in really high regard- for most it's their way or the highway!
      So when someone comes along and does something that is against their beliefs and way of life they're going to speak up about it, feeling they are doing the right thing.
      It's all about the people thinking that by breaking up the gay couple then they are saving them from eternal damnation.

That's only from what I see of course :)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

ANTI CONDOM wrote:

Religion or no religion, homosexual marriage is wrong.

What's your view on it then MVP?
      You've probably explained it before but I'm semi-new sooo if you dont mind? :)
      Most of the people I know who're against it dont really have an argument other than "Its wrong" or something like that, would like to hear something... intelligent :p

Mr. Frazer wrote:

People believe their religion is right... right?
      And people hold their religion in really high regard- for most it's their way or the highway!
      So when someone comes along and does something that is against their beliefs and way of life they're going to speak up about it, feeling they are doing the right thing.
      It's all about the people thinking that by breaking up the gay couple then they are saving them from eternal damnation.

That's only from what I see of course :)

But if they see that as wrong then why not let them pay for their sins? I get that they see it as bad and what not, but why does what one group believes have to control everything. It is the pursuit of happiness after all.

ANTI CONDOM wrote:

Religion or no religion, homosexual marriage is wrong.

Why so though?

The post was edited 1 time, last by pat93 ().

pat93 wrote:

But if they see that as wrong then why not let them pay for their sins? I get that they see it as bad and what not, but why does what one group believes have to control everything. It is the purist of happiness after all.

Because religions (ie. Christianity) believe that it is their duty to help people find their "god", which is why missionarys are there too, it's all about spreading to word and saving people, apparently.

Mr. Frazer wrote:

Because religions (ie. Christianity) believe that it is their duty to help people find their "god", which is why missionarys are there too, it's all about spreading to word and saving people, apparently.

This is quite true. Religion is a huge part of out country as well, very embedded in the politics.

Maybe liberals should rally for the end of religion? Seems along the same lines right? :rolleyes:

pat93 wrote:

This is quite true. Religion is a huge part of out country as well, very embedded in the politics.

Maybe liberals should rally for the end of religion? Seems along the same lines right? :rolleyes:

Aha, it does sound like it :p
      But I think that religion goes back on itself too much, a bit hypocritical when it comes to some matters too.

Deadmau5 wrote:

Don't take anything he says seriously, he's a trololololololol who says shit just to piss people off. ;)

I was starting to notice that as I read around a bit.

Deadmau5 wrote:

Anyway, I completely agree with you. It really doesn't harm anyone in the real world, but the so-called "moralists" like to pretend that it does, usually because of misguided religious piety.

Just making sure we're on the same page; these moralists are the same ones who have multiple wives, whose hierarchy abuses children regularly, and sent children to fight their wars, right? (Yes yes massive generalizations, I know)

Kinda sounds like our government too.

But in all seriousness I have yet to hear a good argument from any of my religious friends as to how gay marriage is wrong.

Mr. Frazer wrote:

What's your view on it then MVP?
      You've probably explained it before but I'm semi-new sooo if you dont mind? :)
      Most of the people I know who're against it dont really have an argument other than "Its wrong" or something like that, would like to hear something... intelligent :p

pat93 wrote:

But if they see that as wrong then why not let them pay for their sins? I get that they see it as bad and what not, but why does what one group believes have to control everything. It is the purist of happiness after all.

Why so though?

Well, it is simple. Although I get along with homosexuals, I do not approve of them being married. Are you a homosexual? If yes, then you won't understand. But I am a normal guy who likes girls, and when I have a son or daughter, I do not want them to see 2 guys kissing. It is not NORMAL.

Allow me to use an example. Have you seen a video where these guys tie up their testicles and chop off their penises? Do you consider those guys normal? NO, Right?

So when a guy goes to a doctor and says, I want to be a woman. Grow me some breasts and cut off my penis. Is it considered, GAY CHOICE?

What is the difference between the guys who tie up their testicles and mutilate themselves?

Homosexuality is a disease. Don't take my word for it. Scientists and doctors with PhDs have concluded to that decision. Google.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Deadmau5 wrote:

Don't take anything he says seriously, he's a trololololololol who says shit just to piss people off. ;)

Anyway, I completely agree with you. It really doesn't harm anyone in the real world, but the so-called "moralists" like to pretend that it does, usually because of misguided religious piety.

Really? I'm a troll? Then why am I APPROVED BY THE ADMINS OF TEENHUT? And why do I have all this green rep? Don't trolls have red rep? BUAHAHAHAHAHA!

pat93 wrote:

Just making sure we're on the same page; these moralists are the same ones who have multiple wives, whose hierarchy abuses children regularly, and sent children to fight their wars, right? (Yes yes massive generalizations, I know)

Yeah, generalizations are general, but yeah. ;) Nobody is perfect.

pat93 wrote:

But in all seriousness I have yet to hear a good argument from any of my religious friends as to how gay marriage is wrong.

What, you mean "Hurr durr cuz the Bible sez" isn't convincing enough for you? :o:D

ANTI CONDOM wrote:

Well, it is simple. Although I get along with homosexuals, I do not approve of them being married. Are you a homosexual? If yes, then you won't understand. But I am a normal guy who likes girls, and when I have a son or daughter, I do not want them to see 2 guys kissing. It is not NORMAL.

Allow me to use an example. Have you seen a video where these guys tie up their testicles and chop off their penises? Do you consider those guys normal? NO, Right?

So when a guy goes to a doctor and says, I want to be a woman. Grow me some breasts and cut off my penis. Is it considered, GAY CHOICE?

What is the difference between the guys who tie up their testicles and mutilate themselves?

Homosexuality is a disease. Don't take my word for it. Scientists and doctors with PhDs have concluded to that decision. Google.

I'm not homosexual, and I like you get along with them fine.

I can't however say I watch the same videos as you, nor do I think I want to. Although I will agree chopping your penis off seems quite unusual, what about circumcision? That in it's own right is a form of mutilation of the genitalia.

But back to your point, yes that is different, but who is to say different is bad. If you want to be a woman, good for you, go for it. Just because something is different doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Sex change operations aren't what this is about though, because in most places after a sex change operation you can legally be listed as the opposite sex, and therefor it would be heterosexual marriage.

My opinion on gay marriage:

I think anyone has the right to love. I personally love women and think gay marriage is disgusting. That is my opinion, however. Even though I think it is wrong, I don't have a problem with someone else doing it. It's not something I would even consider myself getting into.

Also, why is it that homosexuality is viewed as OK, but bestiality is not? What if my friend really loves his donkey? He can't get married to the thing he loves? See where I'm going with this?
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

pat93 wrote:

I'm not homosexual, and I like you get along with them fine.

I can't however say I watch the same videos as you, nor do I think I want to. Although I will agree chopping your penis off seems quite unusual, what about circumcision? That in it's own right is a form of mutilation of the genitalia.

But back to your point, yes that is different, but who is to say different is bad. If you want to be a woman, good for you, go for it. Just because something is different doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Sex change operations aren't what this is about though, because in most places after a sex change operation you can legally be listed as the opposite sex, and therefor it would be heterosexual marriage.

I stopped reading when you compared it to circumcision. A bit of skin compared to chopping off the whole dick and testicles is ridiculous!

It is simply not normal. It is a disease. That was proven years ago.

The post was edited 1 time, last by username #88 ().

Deadmau5 wrote:

What, you mean "Hurr durr cuz the Bible sez" isn't convincing enough for you? :o:D

Imma write a book someday and not put my name on it. Years later people will follow it's every vague word :p

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

THUNDERSTRUCK wrote:

Also, why is it that homosexuality is viewed as OK, but bestiality is not? What if my friend really loves his donkey? He can't get married to the thing he loves? See where I'm going with this?

That's a good point, where is the line drawn? Humans are different than donkeys. Seems like a deal breaker for me.
      But I do see what you're saying.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

ANTI CONDOM wrote:

I stopped reading when you compared it to circumcision. A bit of skin compared to chopping off the whole dick and testicles is ridiculous!

As is comparing just chopping of your penis and testicles and going to a doctor and having a sex change operation.

What these straight guys here opposing to gay marriage are hypocrites, they only find it “disgusting” because of the male on male intimacy, yet notice none of them mentioned how they felt about lesbians marrying each other? Homosexual marriage implies people of the same gender wither its two females or two males tying the knot. But these straight males in here only place the emphasis on gay men marrying one another….

Hypocrites…

I however am a straight male and have no issue with gays and lesbians, don’t find anything disgusting about it. Have no reason to I’m perfectly secure with my sexuality and I think if two people love each other who the hell is anyone to enforce their opinion on their love?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=2]Never take life serious, no one makes it out [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]alive anyways. :)[/SIZE]

Wam0bie wrote:

What these straight guys here opposing to gay marriage are hypocrites, they only find it “disgusting” because of the male on male intimacy, yet notice none of them mentioned how they felt about lesbians marrying each other? Homosexual marriage implies people of the same gender wither its two females or two males tying the knot. But these straight males in here only place the emphasis on gay men marrying one another….

Hypocrites…

I however am a straight male and have no issue with gays and lesbians, don’t find anything disgusting about it. Have no reason to I’m perfectly secure with my sexuality and I think if two people love each other who the hell is anyone to enforce their opinion on their love?

So if I oppose something you are ok with, I am a hypocrite? Of course I don't mind lesbians, because they are GIRLS. I am attracted to WOMEN, so of course I find two women having sex appealing.

Also, I guess you're blind, but I do not oppose gay marriage. I oppose the morality of it. Let it be legalized.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]