Homosexual Marriage

• Re: Homosexual Marriage

jerry wrote:

Yea I bet the parents of your grandparents never thought they'd see two guys kissing each other, and that it would be considered ok in society

He has a point. But if your point is that a line should be drawn somewhere, then yeah, it should, but it was drawn in a terrible place in the first place, society today realized that and is now just trying to make it right, they haven't lost All sense of morality.
      [CENTER]
      Loistre Danz....[/CENTER]

jerry wrote:

and you're still missing the point that it's because we consider it immoral right now at this time. just like homosexuality used to be considered immoral. before it used to be only a MAN and a WOMAN. until the librals thought it was ok for a MAN and a MAN to date. then we started getting used to it cuz it started getting more common.
      next, the liberals of the future are gonna say bestiality is ok. and people are still gonna argue it's not right. and then they are gonna call you ignorant and old fashioned..

as I said, it's good to be liberal, but not TOO liberal

How come you only mention two men, what about two women? That's homosexual too. You sound bias.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]Love Has No [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Color[/SIZE]

Blur wrote:

He has a point. But if your point is that a line should be drawn somewhere, then yeah, it should, but it was drawn in a terrible place in the first place, society today realized that and is now just trying to make it right, they haven't lost All sense of morality.

Yea i guess your right, that was my point that i didn't even know i was trying to make. im not against homosexuality, i just don't agree with being too liberal. and yes, a line should be drawn somewhere

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Tessa98 wrote:

How come you only mention two men, what about two women? That's homosexual too. You sound bias.

I said we started getting used to seeing two men date. so now we consider it ok. but it falls on the same category as two women, as i was talking gays in general. you just gotta think, use that brain of yours a little bit, and don't expect everything to be told word by word for you
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Why should a line be drawn anywhere are homosexuals interfering with anyone's happiness, people need to learn to mind their own buisness and let others live their OWN lifes how ever they please!

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

jerry wrote:

I said we started getting used to seeing two men date. so now we consider it ok. but it falls on the same category as two women, as i was talking gays in general. you just gotta think, use that brain of yours a little bit, and don't expect everything to be told word by word for you

No you need to learn how to properly debate, because if you don't word yourself carefully your argument is flawed, so use common sense :wink:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tessa98 wrote:

Why should a line be drawn anywhere are homosexuals interfering with anyone's happiness, people need to learn to mind their own buisness and let others live their OWN lifes how ever they please!

this is what i'm against with. so you think it'd be ok if a man has sex with an animal. it's his life, and suppose he doesn't hurt the animal
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

jerry wrote:

this is what i'm against with. so you think it'd be ok if a man has sex with an animal. it's his life, and suppose he doesn't hurt the animal

There's a difference between a man and a woman having sex with a member of their own gender than with an animal, that's animal cruelty. Whose being harmed when a person of the same gender is sleeping with another person of their same gender? No one....your taking things out of content. Comparing two things that have no relevance. Animals and Human Beings are not the same species. If you were reffering to drawing a line with whom humans may choose to sleep with outside our species that's a completely different argument. That's not what's being argued here however.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jerry wrote:

the idea of two gays marrying, i'm ok with that. it's none of my business i don't have a problem with that. but seeing two men kissing and stuff still kindda grosses me out

You'll get used to it, I'm a great kisser ;)

jerry wrote:

Yea I bet the parents of your grandparents never thought they'd see two guys kissing each other, and that it would be considered ok in society

Yeah well, society then were a bunch of ignorant, backwardly religious fucktards. 170 years ago, people were tying metal cups around little boy's junk at night to keep them from masturbating, which was considered highly immoral and sinful. (I'm serious.)

jerry wrote:

as I said, it's good to be liberal, but not TOO liberal

We're just in favor of legalising gay marriage, nobody is pushing for the legalisation of bestiality.

pat93 wrote:

Beastiality can't even be related to homosexuality. That's a completely different thing. Different species.

And homosexuality was considered common place in the past. The Roman's were always getting it on with 12 year old boys.

Wasn't it Caligula, a roman emperor, that had sexual relations with his pet horse?

I hope you agree with incest, because if not, you're being very hypocritical with the species argument.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

pat93 wrote:

So I have absolutely never understood this, why is it that some people are so opposed to homosexual marriage. I understand that it doesn't align with your personal beliefs, but why should you restrict their rights. It in no way impacts your life.

Edit - I am straight if anyone was wondering.

Its a religion thing.. People still hold on to every word from a text with an anonymous author..
      "I'm gods lonely man"

I think what everyone is missing here is that gay marriage, if consensual, isn't hurting or bothering anyone. They're both happy, and if their PDA's gross you out, ignore them like you would any other two people. Whether gay marriage is legalized or not, PDA's are still going to happen.

Unless you can find a way for a donkey to give consent, bestiality is never going to be legal or accepted. You're simply taking advantage of an animal, which is not the case at all with gay marriage. If bestiality was going to become okay, raping little kids or people with impaired cognitive ability and calling it love would be okay, too.

Tessa98 wrote:

There's a difference between a man and a woman having sex with a member of their own gender than with an animal, that's animal cruelty. Whose being harmed when a person of the same gender is sleeping with another person of their same gender? No one....your taking things out of content. Comparing two things that have no relevance. Animals and Human Beings are not the same species. If you were reffering to drawing a line with whom humans may choose to sleep with outside our species that's a completely different argument. That's not what's being argued here however.

Ok, then what about those dogs that are always trying to hump your leg willingly. what if someone lets the dog do it to them it should be fine, let them do it. who are we to put restrictions on who they can do right?

and to everyone who argued if bestiality doesn't compare to homosexuality. alright, then alex brings a good point. what about incest? nothing wrong with that right, after all, its HUMANS

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

alright I do realize i'm arguing something other than gay marriage. ignore all my posts
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I always like to think that the only reason people oppose same-sex marriage is because it makes a lot of heterosexual marriages look bad (mainly due to the high divorce rates).
      But realistically, the main issue involved is religious interference in politics, and lack of education on the subject.

On Monday, in my Life Orientation class, we were talking about the South African constitution. The topic came the age of consent for sex. According to the notes, the age on consent for heterosexual sex is 16, while homosexual sex is 19. Now the law was changed in 2008 (which means the age of consent is 16 for both). But the teacher still presents the information as fact. She only touched on the subject on homosexuality for (and I'm not joking) 12 seconds, then went on. She pretty much just said there is religious stigma, and it's up to us to decide if we agree with it or not. Such ignorance! How can you present this crap as fact? It is almost 3 years out of date!

But back to the topic at hand.
      Religious interference also plays a major role. Many religious organizations harp on the chance to interfere in politics. They never understand that not everybody shares their same opinion, thus they feel their way is the only way. They always give biased facts (which are inaccurate), and totally side step the evidence science has discovered about sexual orientation.

So the real problem is just ignorance. Until humanity can learn to laugh and give the finger to bigots, then we will always be in this constant cycle of debates and opinions. There should not even be an opinion. People have rights and whether you believe in gay marriage or not, everybody deserves the same rights...no matter what.

Being Bi myself I obviously support gay marriage. I believe everyone has the right to love whoever they want whether it be a man or woman. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. I don't think I'm a bad person because I happen to love other women. It's a part of who I am just as much as my eye color.