It's time..

• Re: It's time..

First off, I am very sorry about your situation. I have a teammate who went through the same thing. I guess I could tell you what she did to cope, and maybe see if that helps you any.

Anyways, after her mom died, my friend grieved for quite a while. That's only a natural thing. But in order to get over her grief, Alexis (my friend) started looking for a hobby. I would strongly suggest sports, because you can put all of your emotions into physical form. If you're angry, you can just kick or hit a ball or something until you can't anymore. If you're sad, you can just run until you're too tired to realize it. Sports are what kind of helped me through the more traumatic occurrences in my life. You don't even have to be good at the sport, in order for it to work.
      If you aren't very athletic or don't like sports, maybe you could work with animals, or meet some new friends or something?
      [SIGPIC]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/blott2009/quotes-1.png[/SIGPIC]

It's so true that it won't be easy, death is never easy. Especially with someone as close to you as a parent. What shall you do? Grieve. It's what we all do. Keep yourself busy. Like you said, hit the bags. Talk to your girlfriend, you have her. She should be there for you and help you through this. Do you have any friends you can talk to as well? They should be willing to be there for you as well.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

When my mother was dying, a very wise friend remarked “These things happen to all of us, and we are designed to be able to cope”. I found that to be completely true. Just as our bodies have mechanisms for coping with physical illness, so our psychology has mechanisms for coping with bereavement.

You'll be surprised how kind and sensitive people can be at such a time – you don't have to get through this alone. People you never thought much about will really want to help; so accept their help. One day you may be able to return the favor.

Keeping fit and active makes a lot of difference; hobbies you have found rewarding will be especially beneficial now. Your mum gave you life, so use it as positively as you can. She wouldn't want you to feel always sad about losing her, so remember the good times you shared.

Emotions come in waves - when you feel a big one coming, relax and let it go over you; then carry on. In time, the waves of grief will start to get smaller.

Bereavement counselling is a recognised discipline; the hospital chaplain may be able to support you directly; if not, he or she will be able to to put you in touch with someone who shares your religious views - whatever your beliefs.

This forum is a community, and we're here for you too.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MagicDinosaur ().