My Photography

• Re: My Photography

Where do you ski/board?
      The third and fourth images has great contrast and bokeh (especially third), but the third one seems a bit misplaced if you know what I mean.
      I'm not a fan of the 5th one, because of the diagonal line running straight through the image, the composition of it bugs me.
      Your last one has a tiny trace of our Galaxy; it might be too much to ask in PP to boost it, so try shooting it again later at night with a new moon. Something like 800ISO + 30s wide open. Nothing much higher than that otherwise you can get hotspots and noise (relative to camera, btw what is your gear?)

aTc wrote:

Where do you ski/board?
      The third and fourth images has great contrast and bokeh (especially third), but the third one seems a bit misplaced if you know what I mean.
      I'm not a fan of the 5th one, because of the diagonal line running straight through the image, the composition of it bugs me.
      Your last one has a tiny trace of our Galaxy; it might be too much to ask in PP to boost it, so try shooting it again later at night with a new moon. Something like 800ISO + 30s wide open. Nothing much higher than that otherwise you can get hotspots and noise (relative to camera, btw what is your gear?)

I can see what you're saying about the third, but I kinda like the following/mirrored look it has.

The fifth definitely has a lot of dead space in the bottom right.

The last one was up in Bar Harbor, Maine. Reshoot wont happen anytime soon.
      As much as that looks like our Galaxy it isn't. Smoke and clouds. I was thinking the same thing though cause if any exposure caught it, that would've been the one. It was really more of a lucky shot than anything though, messing around with this fisheye Lensbaby I had never used before at dusk. It was wide open, f 0 haha

I shoot with a Canon XSi, 18-55 IS, Speedlite 580EX E-TTL II, Tamron 70-300 with Macro, Lensbaby Composer with a few different sets for that.

Thanks for the criticism, always helps :]

Duh ski and board thing - Greek Peak Mountain Resort it's in Central New York. I'm an instructor there.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

ccc1122 wrote:

The last one is AWESOME

Thanks bro :]

The post was edited 1 time, last by pat93 ().

Thanks guys!

aTc wrote:

f/0? ಠ_ಠ
      And as for that triangular one, try cropping out that barn-thing. It seems to look better when I use my hands as a frame.

f 0 indeed. For Lensbaby's you have to manual put in aperture rings, and I decided to just not use one. It's quite the nice feature for low light.

There's star movement in the barn one, it becomes quite gross when cropped down.