Help With a Problem

• Help With a Problem

Hello,

I'm not really sure how exactly I'm going to get into this so I guess I'll just dive right in. My girlfriend thinks she's pregnant. The catch? We haven't had sex. Ever. See, she has severe Crohn's Disease and she has to take anti-inflammatory steroids whenever she flairs up.

She had a flair back in early June and she was on the steroids until the end of August. I know the steroids mess with her menstrual cycle and her periods are often late while she is on the steroids. The weird thing is, the whole time she was on the steroids from June to August, her periods were regular. Now that she is off of them, her period is now late by about a month and 3 weeks.

She is really starting to get worried. The only sexual things we do are mutual masturbation. There has never been sex in our relationship, and before my girlfriends starts "playing around", she makes sure her underwear and pants on just to be safe and immediately afterward she washes her hands twice, then uses hand sanitizer. We're really safe about these things.

What are some physical signs of pregnancy? She doesn't seem any different than she was a couple months ago. She's slimmed down a little from being off the steroids but that's about it.

Is there a logical reason that involves the steroids having a delayed effect on her menstrual cycle? I know she's had late periods before, but not this late...

Can somebody please help? I keep telling her everything is going to be okay but I'm quickly losing hope as every day goes by...:(

Thanks.

I'm sorry this is kind of a long post. I just want some help...
    • Re: Help With a Problem

I really doubt any Holy Spirit work is going on here, so don't worry about it. I don't know much about the menstrual cycle, but I'm pretty damn positive she's not pregnant if you've never had sex and go through all of those cleaning procedures.

Nor am I a doctor, but it's possible her body became dependent on the steroids, and now that she's off them, everything's going haywire? You say that steroids often mess with the cycle, yet she was fine while on steroids, so why can't your statement be reversed?

Regardless, morning sickness begins two to three weeks after conception.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

It sounds like it's possible you just misunderstood how the steroids will affect her... just sayin'

I've had unprotected sex, not to mention not being quite
      as much of a clean freak about it, and my girl never got prego... so I don't know why yours would unless there's something she isn't telling you.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by SMOKE. ().

Er i highly HIGHLY doubt she is pregnant. I say doubt because if there is something you are not telling us, then who knows. If you mentioned everything, then no. Even if say some sperm got ON her vagina, it would be physically impossibly for her to get pregnant because the sperm would have to "swim" allllll the way in, and they simply cant and wont and will die as they hit open air.
      SO either her cycle is messed up cause of the medicine, or it could be that she just didnt bleed a lot ( happens sometimes) or she might be messing around. I am not saying she IS but Im just pointing out all the possibilities.
      If you are still totaly unsure, then get a pregnancy test. If she is 1.5 months late and is pregnant then the tests will show (doubt u need one though cause she doesnt even have morning sickness or anything showing she is pregnant. As you said...she is normal)
      The King of Mind-Fuck