Ex-gay Camps

• Ex-gay Camps

Does anyone actually know of a real one? For a long time I thought these were ffictional, like they should be. does anyone on here( a forum where they should be adequately exposed to varying opinions and ideas to know better) actually think that Homosexuality is a disease? Or one that needs to be cured for that matter? Would you force your son or daughter to attend such a camp if you suspected they were LGBT? Do YOU see any point, or benefit in ex-gay camps? Discuss. will post some links to information on the topic

helem.net/node/17
      articles.sfgate.com/2006-03-03…y-gay-rights-organization

the first one is mostly anti-ex-gay camp
      the second has more the the ex-gay activists side
      I've never seen one around these parts, we just stick with our "gay excorcism" or good old fashioned bloody beatings:D. I love my people.:nono: Ways I see it, gay people are gay, for the EXACT same reason straight people are straight, but no ones questioning why heterosexuals are what they are. It's proven that a homosexuals brain structure differs slightly from a heterosexuals. Every bodies brain differs slightly from the others, and unless these gay camps are prepared to take a chisel to the brains of their inmates ( which i don't doubt they are) they should quit trying to "cure" homosexuals, it does far more harm than good, if it does any good at all. Why would ANY father or mother be willing to estrange and ostracize their own child by sending them to one of these extremists concentration camps? I know they fear for their "immortal soul" or whatever, but how can you look at your own child in disgust over something so irrelevant to the person they are as a whole? I love kids, not sure if i'll "make" any of my own, but if i did, i certainly would'nt torture them for something beyond their control. If whatever religion they're forcing on kids in those camps has no room for perfectly good children, then who needs it? I'd make my own heaven for my kids if that's what it took.

They aren't condemning their actions, they're condemning their identities, that's just wrong.

I'm Asexual, but there has been more than one guy (2) i've had a crush on in my lifetime, out of total of like, 6. No sexual attraction to either gender though.

For those of you who say it's not possible...Fuck You....

Is what i wanna say, but as an Asexual, I won't be fucking anybody.:p
      [CENTER]
      Loistre Danz....[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by inappropriate name - 2 ().

• Re: Ex-gay Camps

i have a gay friend and when her parents found out she was gay they took her to someplace to receive shock therphy o_o that obviously didnt work out so they stopped soon after it started but they constantly where on her and were throwing their faith in her face or something like that . . . idk but she finally moved out and is staying with her gf now. =/
      . . . tramlaw ni xes gnivah ekil stI :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OllieRambles wrote:

i have a gay friend and when her parents found out she was gay they took her to someplace to receive shock therphy o_o that obviously didnt work out so they stopped soon after it started but they constantly where on her and were throwing their faith in her face or something like that . . . idk but she finally moved out and is staying with her gf now. =/

yeah, shock therapy is a common treatment for that particular "mental illness".

Do you think they produce marketing pamphlets emblazoned with 'gay camps - we will fuck your children up right proper'?
      [CENTER]

Even though I still have a lot of anger inside of me because of the bigotry I see every single day at my school and in my own home, I sort of have a fuck-all attitude to those who oppose homosexuality. I don't mind if someone disagrees with homosexuality, but feels they deserve rights like everyone else and deserves to be treated fairly. I still have respect for those persons.
      My problem extends to people who create these shitty anti-gay camps.
      If you were to do research, you would see that none of them were "cured" of homosexuality. All that they received was negative views on sex, and depression.

I think as youth we are just scared to stand up to adults and say: "Sorry, but this is bullshit."
      Even with my mom, even though I have a good relationship with her, I tell her when she is wrong. Like when she made a comment about an interracial couple who passed us by in the shops. I firmly told her to mind her own damn business, and that her argument is illogical (her only argument was the colour difference). As long as the two are happy, it's all that matters. It does sound disrespectful, but she realises that I hate bigotry of all sorts.

Also, I think people tip-toe around the issue. Which is why I think movies like Milk make a huge impact, because it is bring homosexuality to the forefront, and showing the bigots that homosexuality is natural.

Aleksandr wrote:

Don't they have camps somewhere that they take straight people to turn them gay?

I'm not sure if you meant to be sarcastic with this or not, but I'm kinda assuming that you're serious. xD
      I just want to go ahead and say that most gays don't associate their sexual preference as a choice and therefore would have no reason to desire to turn straight people gay (unless someone out there had a creepy crush going on...).

Unfortunately, these ex-gay camps exist because being gay is not seen as the social norm, and parents will do almost anything in order to turn their children away from this different perspective of love. It makes me sad that there are so many ignorant people out there who won't try to see how they gay people feel, and yet they must suffer because of it. Blargh. :nono:

Blur wrote:

Does anyone actually know of a real one? For a long time I thought these were ffictional, like they should be. does anyone on here( a forum where they should be adequately exposed to varying opinions and ideas to know better) actually think that Homosexuality is a disease? Or one that needs to be cured for that matter? Would you force your son or daughter to attend such a camp if you suspected they were LGBT? Do YOU see any point, or benefit in ex-gay camps? Discuss. will post some links to information on the topic

I Dare you to Change me | Helem English
      Report: 'Ex-gay' therapy claims deceptive - SFGate

the first one is mostly anti-ex-gay camp
      the second has more the the ex-gay activists side
      I've never seen one around these parts, we just stick with our "gay excorcism" or good old fashioned bloody beatings:D. I love my people.:nono: Ways I see it, gay people are gay, for the EXACT same reason straight people are straight, but no ones questioning why heterosexuals are what they are. It's proven that a homosexuals brain structure differs slightly from a heterosexuals. Every bodies brain differs slightly from the others, and unless these gay camps are prepared to take a chisel to the brains of their inmates ( which i don't doubt they are) they should quit trying to "cure" homosexuals, it does far more harm than good, if it does any good at all. Why would ANY father or mother be willing to estrange and ostracize their own child by sending them to one of these extremists concentration camps? I know they fear for their "immortal soul" or whatever, but how can you look at your own child in disgust over something so irrelevant to the person they are as a whole? I love kids, not sure if i'll "make" any of my own, but if i did, i certainly would'nt torture them for something beyond their control. If whatever religion they're forcing on kids in those camps has no room for perfectly good children, then who needs it? I'd make my own heaven for my kids if that's what it took.

They aren't condemning their actions, they're condemning their identities, that's just wrong.

I'm Asexual, but there has been more than one guy (2) i've had a crush on in my lifetime, out of total of like, 6. No sexual attraction to either gender though.

For those of you who say it's not possible...Fuck You....

Is what i wanna say, but as an Asexual, I won't be fucking anybody.:p

Yes. In response to your question. It has been proven that Scientists and Doctors with PhDs have determined that homosexuality is a disease. You may want to do some thorough research, because I know you won't take my word for it. One day, I hope they all get cured.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

This thread also reminds me of the Jesus Camps.

ANTI CONDOM wrote:

Yes. In response to your question. It has been proven that Scientists and Doctors with PhDs have determined that homosexuality is a disease. You may want to do some thorough research, because I know you won't take my word for it. One day, I hope they all get cured.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

This thread also reminds me of the Jesus Camps.

Oh, I assume they've identified a pathogen? but i agree, a world where everyone can be straight is a nice dream. :) if only so no one would be discriminated against.

But no, it has not been identified as a disease so much as a variation in genes, brain patterns, and the like. no more a disease than being a guy in a world where girls exist.

and when i say gay, i mean homosexuals in general, lesbians included. Lesbians shouldn't have to convert just so you can have a shot. Xp

If someone doesn't desire sex at all is that a disease too?
      [CENTER]