What is love?

• What is love?

Ok so it has seemed that The word love has taken on an entirely different meaning than it used to have. Whenever people hear the someone say "I love you" to another person it is automatically taken to be romantic. But have people forgotten that I can also be between two friends? Normally if a guy says he loves another guy they think he is gay. I always tell my friends I love them regardless of gender. I see it as I love them lik they were my brothers and sisters. Do you think that if someone tells another person of the same gender that they love them it is weird?
      My name is Elijah and I'm 15 years old. I'm fom california and love meeting new people. :) umm I'm in love with my best friend but he doesn't know it :-(. If you want to know more just ask I'm pretty open.
    • Re: What is love?

I don't mean like when people jusat say it like that I mean lime when it is someone you really care about like your best friend and you have meaning behind the words not just saying it to say it. I think it's abusing it when people just joke around with it like you said. I say I love you to my best and closest friends because I don't know when the next time I will see them is because I believe you never truely know when the last time you will talk to someone is and I don't want to have my friends pass wiithout knowing that they mean that much to me
      My name is Elijah and I'm 15 years old. I'm fom california and love meeting new people. :) umm I'm in love with my best friend but he doesn't know it :-(. If you want to know more just ask I'm pretty open.

Elijah329 wrote:

I don't mean like when people jusat say it like that I mean lime when it is someone you really care about like your best friend and you have meaning behind the words not just saying it to say it. I think it's abusing it when people just joke around with it like you said. I say I love you to my best and closest friends because I don't know when the next time I will see them is because I believe you never truely know when the last time you will talk to someone is and I don't want to have my friends pass wiithout knowing that they mean that much to me

Only four people ever hear those words from me, i don't whore out my " I love you's" I agree that the word should'nt be tossed about carelessley lest it lose it's meaning
      [CENTER]
      Loistre Danz....[/CENTER]

Personally? I think it is how you say it not what you say.
      You can say "i love snowboarding" you can say "i love you guys " to your friends because you actually DO care for them...
      You can tell you female friend you love her in "LOL wow thanks i love you for this" or to a girl u actually care about deeper than another it will be something along the lines of "wow...i really love you"
      anyway, all examples aside, how you mean it is what counts I think...now what word you use...
      The King of Mind-Fuck