Acne! (Sorry if under wrong category)

• Acne! (Sorry if under wrong category)

So most teenagers deal with this, I'm guessing. It's a part of growing up, right? Well I hate it. Most teenagers do.

But personally it is getting in the way of my confidence so much that I hate going to school and facing everyone because of it!

I had it controlled for a while, but then boom right as school gets into swing of course it's coming back and it's not just in one spot, it's all over now.

I'm an actor, so when I go on auditions, I use make-up to cover it up. (Don't call me gay or whatever, I personally hate it, but I do it case I have to.) But I'm allergic to the hypo-allergenic kind too so it gets worse!

I've been on Epiduo since March 2010 and doryx since then too and quite frankly i'm not satisfied.

If anyone has stories on how they controlled theirs really well or made it go away completely, and how they did it, I'd be sooooo appreciative. I don't want that commercial, "After six weeks on proactive mine was cleared up like that". Even if it may be true, I want ways to control it by everyday ways. Like good habits I can get into.

I'm not lying or trying to be shallow when I say that acne is really detrimental to my self-image and therefore my self-esteem.

HELP! THANKS :D
    • Re: Acne! (Sorry if under wrong category)

Aw thats not good :(
      I don't have trouble with acne, I luckily got my dad's skin (idk if you can inherit that lol) but my mom has lots of trouble with her skin and went to a dermatologist and they tried several medications before one worked. Now its been perfect for months. So I would say just give it time, I know how hard it is and I'm sorry. But keep going to the doctor and trying new stuff. Good luck, it'll get better! :)

Do you have a picture of how bad it is? If it's anything like mine used to be...I would say Accutane. Some people will flame me for that, but really it's the only thing that worked for me. I tried about 10 medicines before it, so it's not like I just randomly took it one day. It was a long process to get there.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

I had a LOT of trouble with acne when I was in school. It was aweful. I went to doctors and they gave me some stuff for it... like 4 different liquids and half a dozen differen types of tablet, and none of it worked.

I think eating healthy helps. It started to die down when the healthy meals program was introduced in my school. And when I left and started eating rubbih again they came back, so definately eat heathy. And stop stressing over it so much, that only makes it worse. Youan't ge rid of it completely, but there are a few things you can do t help your cause.
      [RIGHT][SIZE=2]Be creative - formspring.me/DannyRar[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

[LEFT][SIZE=2]People say I only see what I want to. So why do I see you?![/SIZE][/LEFT]

Cut dairy out of your diet and reduce your sugar intake. Get plenty of sleep. You'll be surprised at how well that works, especially cutting dairy.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.