Dilemma

• This is going to be long, but I just need some help .
      I was dating my first boyfriend in January this year, and we've been dating for 3 months. I had lost my virginity to him, too. We've had sex for a few times and we never used protection. I found out I was pregnant in late March, after we broke up, and I never told him the baby is his. I know for fact he is the FOB because he's the only one I have ever had sex with. We haven't talked since we broke up, because the fight that caused the break up was huge and we started hating each other.
      When I started to show and everybody could already see I am pregnant, he called me and asked if he's the father. I lied and told him that he's not, because I didn't want him to be a part of my life nor a part of my baby's life. He didn't believe me, but he left me alone. A few weeks later, when I was 25 weeks pregnant, he asked me if he's the father again, and I lied again, this time I even said this baby has a father and it's not him, so he should stop harrasing me. He still remained skeptical, and said that he calculated the dates and unless I cheated on him, the baby must be his. I just walked away. Then he handed me a letter he wrote saying that if it's his baby, I should not lie about it because he deserves to know he's a father, and when the time comes, to see his child and be able to visit him and have custody on him. He said that what I'm doing isn't fair, and I should just tell the truth. I still didn't want him to be a part of my life and I said he is not the father.
      At this point I am 33 weeks along, and yesterday the school counselor called me to her office. She asked me how far along I am, what the sex of the baby is (a girl), and then she asked who's the father. I told her he doesn't go to this school. She asked for his name, and I asked her why does it matter. I knew my ex must've had talked to her about it and asked her to confront me. She said that telling the truth is very important, and the FOB should know he's going to be a father, and the baby should know who her father is, plus the father is obligated to assist me financially and that would probably make it easier on me. I walked away mad, because I didn't like her interfering my personal life and trying to tell me what to do. I then asked my mother for her opinion, and she said that if I want to do this on my own, I should still be hiding the fact my ex is indeed the FOB, but if I want to do the right thing, and have assistance that I would definitely need, I should go ahead and tell the truth.
      The problem is that I hate my ex's guts, I would hate him to be the father of my daughter, I know I can do this on my own, and I'm scared that if he knew he's the father he would demand taking a part in her life. I don't want this to happen, and even though telling him he's the father is the right thing to do, it may not be the best thing to do, and frankly, it would also be better for my daughter to have no father than him as a father. He's just a bad person with a bad personality and a bad influence. So here I am, stuck in this dilemma. My mom keeps on telling me she can't make this decision for me, and that it's my responsability and I should handle it and deal with it and decide what to do about it on my own, and she can only advise me, but not make the decision for me, so I decided that maybe I should seek for help from you guys.
      What do you say I should do?