Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops - The Call of Duty Wiki - Call of Duty: Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4, characters and more

The more I look at the features and gameplay videos, the more I realize these are going to be two very long days. I doubt I'll go to the Midnight release, but I am going right after school on tuesday with some friends and picking it up :)

Some things that I'm really attracted to in this new game:

• Theater - Fucking awesome. I saw this as one of Halo's greatest features and now that it's being incorporated in my favorite online FPS is just the fuckin' balls.
      • Realism - I've been watching A LOT of gameplay videos, online and offline. The corny character talk is out the window, and it's replaced with more realistic breathing and dialogue. Also, the sound of the game is so much better - echoes, gun noises, background music.
      • Character Customization - Another thing I am really excited about. They're taking this from Halo Reach, but it's still sick. You can now customize your own emblem and face paint colors as well as clothes and attire.
      • Economy - I really like how they incorporated a money system. You now have to earn your weapons and attachments rather than just get them. So much for taking things for granite in Call of Duty.
      • Wager Matches - In Black Ops, you can bet your in-game currency against other players in FFA matches. In these FFA matches, different game modes are played. For example, one game mode is a game where you start off with a pistol and work your way up throughout the weapon tiers up to a certain score. One word: Fucking awesome.
      • Leveling - The same XP over time basis is still in Call of Duty, however the cap is now 55 and there are now 12 prestiges.
      • Contracts - Instead of just getting challenges randomly with kills, you can now buy your own challenges that you wish to complete and follow them much better. If you complete the challenge, you get more than what you paid for it.
      • No overpowered perks - Yes. Thank you God. I couldn't thank you more Infinity ward AND Treyarch. I love you.
      • Split screen ONLINE multiplayer - Finally. You did what Halo 2 accomplished a bazillion years ago. It's about time.

Now here are some things that I am un-attracted to in Black Ops:

• RC-XD (Remote control car, 3 kill streak) - It's retarded. It will get on my nerves. Heavily.
      • Chopper Gunner is now a 9 kill streak - DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WAS THE MOST OVERPOWERED KILLSTREAK IN MW2?! And you made it a 9 kill streak!? What were you thinking?!
      • No new game modes - I understand there was an absolute overload of creativity and realism in this new game, but c'mon...Last year demolition made a new appearance, can't you top off a great looking game with another new game mode? Or at least try?!
      • No public beta - No comment needed. I'm sick of not being able to try it out.
      [CENTER]Send me a PM | Friend Request Me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Patriots 9-2[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Celtics 12-4[/CENTER]
    • Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Obvious Champion wrote:

• Character Customization - Another thing I am really excited about. They're taking this from Halo Reach, but it's still sick. You can now customize your own emblem and face paint colors as well as clothes and attire.

So you know, Reach was not the first game to introduce character customization.

Anyway, I'm less than thrilled. I'm not buying it, don't want a let down.

Trevor wrote:

So you know, Reach was not the first game to introduce character customization.

True, but from what I've read, it's scarily similar to the way Reach does it.

Anyway, I'm less than thrilled. I'm not buying it, don't want a let down.

It should be fun. It's gotta' be better than MW2 right? And ESPECIALLY better than WAW? Of course. I can't say it'll be on the same level as COD 4, but we'll have to see. I'll let you know.

Aannddyy wrote:

Going to the midnight launch tonight. Should be good. They're holding 3-D multiplayer matches, too!

Lucky. I'm not going because I know If I go, I'll end up playing through the wee hours of the night and going in to my AP US History class with 1 hour of sleep.
      [CENTER]Send me a PM | Friend Request Me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Patriots 9-2[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Celtics 12-4[/CENTER]

I asked this in another thread before I saw this one, but I'll repeat. How's the multiplayer? I don't bother with the single player campaign, so the online is the only thing I give a damn about.

Anyone running around doing this gay ass exploits? The glitches and exploits was one of the things that turned me off MW2 right away.