How much does age matter?

• Re: How much does age matter?

I know two couples who are 24 years apart and have been married for 15 years and have the best marriages I've ever seen. It's a huge difference, but they're in love and it worked out. But with such an age difference, you ahve to be cautious. Some people are really good actors- you feel like you know the dude, but it's really easy to fake it. Older guys like the younger girls. But then again, he may genuinely like you. The best thing, IMO, is to wait until you are atleast 20, before you start really dating. It's probably best if you guys stay really close friends right now. I wouldn't suggest a relationship.

In addition to those two couples that are 24 years apart, I know 3 that are 10 years apart. They are have great marriages and lives. Each situation is different- but you need to be careful and wait. If you make him wait 3 years, and he's still there, you'll know if it's genuine or not. Lol I'm 14 and there are two guys that I really like that are 23. I've lived on a ranch all my life, so they are both cowboys, and I love the heck out of them as friends, one of them I'm not as close to as the other, and like them too. But, honestly, what are the chances of somebody 23 liking a 14 year old? Anyway... Even if you are pretty close in maturity, WAIT. It's the best thing- it won't stress you out, it'll give you time to know him better and see if he really does like you genuinely. I wish you the best of luck!
    • Re: How much does age matter?

too me age doesnt matter

i think that 10 years or over is pushing it but just as long as you know he doesnt like you cause he thinks of you as a younger sister or something then
      i think it should be fine. also it may not have been the alcohol talking at all,
      the alcohol could have just helped him summon up the courage to ask. Ask if he remembers that night and see what he says