:o Mum came home this afternoon and gave me an iPad!

• :o Mum came home this afternoon and gave me an iPad!

So mum,s been working on this project at work and they finished ages ahead of schedule and under budget so apparently her employer gave everyone on the project team a free iPad! She didn't want it so she gave it to me!

Granted it is just a wifi model but it's pretty cool. It's awesome to surf the web on. Pitty she didn't get a 3G model though.

So now I need to come up with a whole heap of things to do with it :D

I've already got an app that controls pro tools which is the program I use to compose my music which is really cool, especially when I'm recording and the mic's set up away from my computer.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
    • Re: :o Mum came home this afternoon and gave me an iPad!

oompaloompas wrote:

Hmm... an iPad without internet is more like a giant ipod touch .. which is kinda useless.. I woulnd't know what to do with it without internet

yeh it is. Meh I have wifi at home and uni + there are enough wireless hotspots around Sydney to make it useful.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Tombgeek wrote:

Still say that the iPad is just an expensive toy. Real men use laptops! :D

Ahaha I have a laptop... Will eventually have a macbook pro. Besides I like my technotoys :D
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

Ahaha I have a laptop... Will eventually have a macbook pro. Besides I like my technotoys :D

Though unfortunately for me, I only have a messily Acer netbook for writing on the go. I wish I had a Macbook (Mekbooq). I'm getting tired of my Windows XP/Ubuntu Linux desktop PC and I've always had a strange liking for laptops over desktops (except for gaming, I can't stand playing Counter-Strike on a laptop unless I have a USB keyboard and a proper gaming mouse).

EDIT:
      Looking back on my text, I only realized something. If you were to look at "Windows XP" from the side, you actually can see the true nature of the Windows XP operating system.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomb ().

no it's an app that lets me control pro tools which is running on my mac
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

It is very useful. It's almost like having a physical DAW controller.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Aannddyy wrote:

Yeah. It would make things much easier when you want to record in a room you wouldn't normally record in because of the distance between the room and your work station.

Yeh, plus its the closest thing I have to a physical workstation controller until I order my M-Audio Project Mix (which by the way Is gunna be soooo totally awesome when I get it :D)
      [CENTER][/CENTER]