Really long story...but I would appreciate the advice

• Really long story...but I would appreciate the advice

Alright. LOOONG story, but, I would REALLY appreciate your guys' advice.

So, it all started about the end of last school year. I had been going out with my first real boyfriend for about 4 - almost 5 - months. He was a grade above me (I was still in middle school, and he was a Freshman in high school), so I didn't get to see him much except when he would work at the stables where my horses were/are kept.

I had been crushing on him since my sixth grade year, soo about 2 and 1/2 years before he actually asked me out. At the time, I was SOOOO excited about it, but soon enough, I acutally kind of got bored of him. He was super nice and everything, but I guess I just realized then that after liking him for so long, I got bored of waiting around, and by the time HE actually realized he might've liked me back, I was bored of him...I just didn't realize it until a few months later when...

I started noticing this boy in my own grade. Yeah, I guess I had known him since sixth grade when I started going to that school...but one day, I just walked into the Social Studies class I had been in for months already, and noticed something about him that never had occured to me before.

Did I like him? No, couldn't be...after all, I have a boyfriend. So I just kind of ignored it for awhile. Until the last few weeks of school. I told some of my friends how I felt, and that I might break up with my current boyfriend because of my infatuation for this new boy.
      Yes, just infatuation. Afterall, it's not like I really TALKED to him much in the only class I had ever had with him. We had a good time though. Almost every morning, a friend of mine, and a friend of his would have a 'paper wad fight' on our little side of the room. Have a few laughs...a good time, before class started.
      A few days before my last day of eighth grade - two to be exact - I broke up with my first boyfriend ever. And the sad thing is...it wasn't even hard for me. (It's been almost 5 months since we broke up and never once have I ever felt any regret over it.)
      So, summer officially started with me officially being single once more. I was on MSN one night, talking to one of my better guy friends (who just happens to be one of my crush's best friends.) He was asking me why I broke up with my other boyfriend. I replied, "Because I think I like someone else.."

Instantly, that hooked him (more than I really hoped it would). Somehow who I liked out of me. He replied that he totally supported me all the way.

So, at summer P.E., the guy friend who now knows who I like (we'll call him 'N') tried to get me to talk to my crush (he'll be 'S'). For many days I would try, but I would always chicken out at the last second because I was dreadfully shy. Afterall, I had the whole four weeks of summer P.E. to talk to him, right? Wrong!
      I woke up one morning for summer P.E. Today would be the day! I just knew I would talk to him today. I got up extra early and everything just to make sure I looked okay. Then, I got to school and sat down at the table where me and my friends sat every morning. I looked around. S was no where to be found.
      My day was pretty much shot from there..but, I mean, I could always talk to him tomorrow..maybe he just wasn't feeling so good or something...
      Wrong, again! N came up to me after we were released. "See, you should've done it..S is at kicking camp, and won't be back for two weeks." Two weeks was when I would be leaving for Ohio. I wouldn't be back for most of the summer.

So, high school started next. Turns out, I have a locker pretty close to my crush, but no classes. And, over the next few weeks, more and more people were finding out who I liked. People on the football team, mostly, and those were the people who teased me about it most. (Of course, S most likely knows too.)

I actually got over my nervousness one day on my way to band and just asked him something about a football game from a few days ago. He seemed to get real into the short conversation we had until I got to band. So, a few weeks later, I decided to try it again, except THIS time, he seemed less into the conversation. Almost like he wished I didn't talk to him at all...
      Now..one guy who's in my German class would always ask if I talked to, "Kicker S" yet. I would say, "No. I never have a chance, and when I do, I can never think of anything to say."
      The days went on and MORE people found out. And recently, at a Friday night football game, a football player (J) came up to me. He had been asking me in some of the classes we have together if I would go out with different guys. After the game, he found me. "Would you go out with S.." (Like, just asking, not really asking if I would go out with the kid.) I turned away from him and said, "I don't know..." Which was different than all of my other answers which was just, "No." "You WOULD, wouldn't you?" Then he just ran off.
      The next Monday at school (just yesterday), J started yelling S's name to me during class. In front of EVERYBODY. So now, of course, even MORE people know who I like. He did this in all three of the classes I have with him. (Not really in a mean way..just in a way that would kinda make me laugh/be embarrassed.) He even got a few of the other football players to do it, though, not nearly as intensly as himself.

I went to the JV football game that day. We won by one point, (because S kicked the field goal to get the point.) So, some of the other football players came up to me after the game and were like, "Come on, you should go congradulate S, afterall, he won us the game."

Then, I was sitting on the track with one of my friends talking. She wanted me to walk with her over to where everyone else was standing and talking. I'm like, "No, I can't. J is right there, and S's mom is up there in the bleachers talking to my mom. You know darn well if J would say something, she would be the one to hear it." (Just for your information. My mom and S's mom are pretty good friends. And S's mom is my drill team AND dance team coach, so I know her pretty darn well.) But, my friend talked me into walking that direction anyway.

We started walking. Then, I saw S walking toward where J was sitting on the railings. I instantly turned on my heels and started back the other direction. My friend apparently saw this and started laughing, "Come on V, get back here." I was like, "No, I can't this is BAAADD." So, J turned around and saw me and was like, "Victoria, come here..Victoria." While sitting right by S. I ignored him, not acknowledging once that he was talking to me. S's mom started laughing, "Victoria, it looks like J is summoning you." I didn't answer her either, but I did turn around to look at J. He was trying to turn S's face in my direction, while my friend was still trying to get me to walk over there. (Pretty funny sight for anyone who saw, I bet.)

S finally got up to leave J, so I gave in and let my friend drag me over there. As soon as we walked up to him, J was chanting S's name to me again. I was just like, "J, shut up."

When we finally left, my mom was telling me what she and S's mom had been talking about. About how S's mom knew awhile ago because N told her (remember N from up there?) during spring break when N went with their family down to Panama City. S's mom apparently talked to S awhile back, saying something like, "You should think about this one.." And how S replied, "Mom, she never talks to me."
      But now, S's mom knows for a fact that I like her son.. She even said this that night after all of this happened to one of my friends at her dance studio, "I didn't know that Victoria still likes S...and if she likes him she's going to have to make the first move."
      Remember, not all of that last part is accurate because I wasn't there and this is all that I heard.
      But, what should I do? Practically the entire school knows that I like this kid now (even kids that I don't really talk to/don't even know really well have come up to me to practically 'inform me of who I like'.) I feel so weird liking him because, really, I don't know him that well...but, really, I guess it's okay.
      What should I do?! What are some conversations I could try to bring up in this given situation? I'm so clueless, but I'm TIRED of all this crap!
      And I'm not going to go into detail because I'm sure you guys are tired of reading about my personal issues (but if you read it, and can reply with SOMETHING, I would love you forever!), but, I'm sure that it's not a lost cause. I do get mixed signals sometimes when I'm around him. Like, he always tends to walk behind me on my way to band, like he wants to talk to me, or he at least wants ME to talk to HIM. As well as a few other things..just, believe me here.
      HELP!
      Edit: And what is it? Seriously, this year at school so far, SOOOO many guys have liked me. It seems that I am attractive to all the guys I would never DREAM of dating. It's kind of irritating, but, at the same time, it kind of gives me confidence..
      Seriously...I just had one guy ask me who I liked (even though he obviously knew..) then he was like, "Well, you could always date me." I haven't replied..I don't want to be mean...but right now, I have my eye out for someone in case you didn't notice from above.
    • Re: Really long story...but I would appreciate the advice

Well that was still really hard to read because it was just one massive block of text but I put breaks in it and read it. Maybe you should change it back to colours if you think it'd be easier for other people, idk. It just screwed with my brain.
      Although it did kinda break it up.

Anyway, that's beside the point.

I think this guy could possibly like you and he's just scared or something.
      That or he doesn't like you because if heaps of people come up to you and mention him I bet they do it to him too and that'd be a bit of a turn off.

My personal advice would be to talk to him more. Start conversations and stuff often.
      Maybe go and sit with him without all your friends around.
      Get to know him more and let him get to know you.

It sounds like both of your friends are kinda making it worse so try to interact with him without them forcing you too and getting in the way.
      [CENTER]
      Linkin <3
      21st April 07

[/CENTER]

Sorry bout the big blocks of text. I tired to put more breaks in it, but I had to take some away because it wouldn't let me post it because it was more than 10000 characters or something. Whatever...

Yeah, I think you're right about him being scared or whatever. My mom said that his mom said something about him being just as scared as I was or something..
      And yeah, it kind of sucks about all the people bugging me about it, because if he didn't like me because of that, it might just kind of suck. And THAT wouldn't even be my fault, which would kind of make me mad. But I guess that's just high school boys being immature asses..

Alright, I'm going to try to talk to him tomorrow if I get the chance... =)

Looks better now.

High school in general is just this situation altered a bit over and over.
      You'll have to get used to it. :P

Maybe ask him for his number or whatever so you can call him and talk to him just you and him. Get his addy or screen name or something.

Because I know personally if I girl liked me and a bunch of her friends got involved I wouldn't like it at all.
      But I wouldn't let my friends get involved either.
      [CENTER]
      Linkin <3
      21st April 07

[/CENTER]

True, and that's what I'm afraid of. xD Haha. But, I'm getting through it okay, so maybe high school won't be a total disaster.

But the thing is, the people who are teasing me about it and stuff aren't MY friends, they're guys on the football team. I don't even know how they found out that I liked the guy. Technically, they're HIS friends who decided to tease me about it...MY friends are kinda staying out of it. xP