"A World Without America"

• "A World Without America"

YouTube - A World Without America

British-made.
      Your opinions and views?
      I think it is a fairly made video that is neither Pro-American, nor biased. It simply talks about some of the things that America has contributed or done that has made the world better today.
      I can already hear a certain someone furiously typing away to completely ridicule and down-play the video.
    • Re: "A World Without America"

Shadow-Koumajutsu wrote:

I think it's funny how on the forum index, all I saw was "A World Without..." and I immediately not only knew what the next word would be, but who made the thread. Doesn't have much to do with the topic itself, but either I'm developing psychic abilities, or you're all getting too predictable.

Haha I know what you mean. Debates here are too predictable.
      America is like an 800-pound gorilla in a small room filled with spider-monkeys, very easily noticable and always up to discussion.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

Actually someone could blind me and tell this words, I can bet my Uzi that it would be an American. Die einzigen laute, die Americane denkt sind klug sind Americane.

18 Doughty Street is a British political internet-based broadcaster that hosts a webcast as its chief product, which began broadcasting at 18:55 on 10 October 2006,[1] from its studio at 18 Doughty Street in the Bloomsbury area of London.
      18 Doughty Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is British my friend, you can't shake that off. Even if you were blind and an American told you this.
      You can not deny the medical advances, technilogical advances(one your using right now as you read this), and other scientific advances made in America.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

The 51st American state. What is that that is British and not American? Big Ben perhaps...not a lot more. :lol:

Medical advances - Like what, silicon implants?
      technilogical advances - classic American ignorance. It was CERN, Geneva, Switzerland although Americans don't want to admit it.
      Scientific advances - like what, "In god we trust" theory?

I thought that all Americans either hated the British? Thats what you said, or we look down on them. You write a few posts even supporting Britian, but when it comes down to it you always turn against anything you said if it somehow relates to America.

Medical Advances-
      Anesthesia:
      In 1846, a Boston dentist used ether during surgery, putting an end to much of the pain of operations. Since then, general anesthesia has become a mainstay.
      Polio, measles- These vaccinations develped in America
      Artificial hearts
      X-ray
      Also silicon implants were first invented by a German scientest, breast implants that is.

Technology-
      Wrong, ENIAC was the first, and any history book on computer will tell you that.
      ENIAC, short for Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer,[1] was the first large-scale, electronic, digital computer capable of being reprogrammed to solve a full range of computing problems,[2] although earlier computers had been built with some of these properties. ENIAC was designed and built to calculate artillery firing tables for the U.S. Army's Ballistics Research Laboratory.
      The contract was signed on June 5, 1943 and Project PX was constructed by the University of Pennsylvania's Moore School of Electrical Engineering from July, 1943. It was unveiled on February 14, 1946 at Penn, having cost almost $500,000. ENIAC was shut down on November 9, 1946 for a refurbishment and a memory upgrade, and was transferred to Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland in 1947. There, on July 29 of that year, it was turned on and would be in continuous operation until 11:45 p.m. on October 2, 1955.

CERN was not even commisioned until 1954.
      The 'internet' or server-to-server connections was first used in America as well.

Scientific-
      Just a few-
      Zippers
      Roll Film
      Radio(Tesla was an American immigrant)
      Air Conditioning
      Sonar
      Airplanes
      Gun silencers
      X-ray
      Liquid fuel rockets
      Cruise Missile
      Sliced Bread
      Fusion bomb
      Digital Clock
      Hard drives
      VCR
      Lasers
      Computer Mouse
      Communications Satelite
      Lightbulb
      Email
      Microprocessor
      Video game console
      Ethernet
      Personal Computer
      Digital Camera
      Cellular Mobile Phone
      Internet(TCP/IP network)
      GPS
      Hybrid Car

Shadow-Koumajutsu wrote:

Edward Jenner, who came up with the smallpox vaccine, was English.

Thanks, edited for the correction.
      However if Britian is the 51st State as Neo says it is, then it is American :rolleyes:

Scruff wrote:

Guys, an Englishman invented HTML. Therefore, the internet. It's possible it wouldn't be as easy to have this conversation today without the British. End of.

hahaha. :D

Correct :D. However HTML is just the programming language used commonly in websites. We are actually currently using PHP I believe.
      I meant by internet, as in TCP/IP connections over a vast network.

Vessol wrote:

Correct :D. However HTML is just the programming language used commonly in websites. We are actually currently using PHP I believe.
      I meant by internet, as in TCP/IP connections over a vast network.

Of course. There really was no 'creator' of the internet. It just came about. IT INVENTED ITSELF. HOLY SHI-

And please don't say Britain is a state of America. We can't even stand being part of the EU.

Scruff wrote:

Of course. There really was no 'creator' of the internet. It just came about. IT INVENTED ITSELF. HOLY SHI-

And please don't say Britain is a state of America. We can't even stand being part of the EU.

Yup, it is like maggots on meat :P.
      ^JOKE^
      However people did invent server-to-server connections via IP's over a phone network to share digital information, which was only text at first. Vint Cerf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia was one such man. It was a vast project however.

It's obvious that UK is it's own nation(rather multiple nations actually), I don't know if Kutnz realises that however :rolleyes:.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

I can be humble but not with ultra-nationalist morons, I cannot. If I were to listen to bullshit, I'd have stuck my head up a cow's bottom, not bothered with these tripe of yours. :)

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with being Patriotic i say, and nothing wrong with having extreme pride in your nation.

I'm British, and I love Britain, and I love my Queen. But I'd never try to inforce to people that Britain is the best and shit like that. I have my opinion, and that's that.

Scruff wrote:

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with being Patriotic i say, and nothing wrong with having extreme pride in your nation.

I'm British, and I love Britain, and I love my Queen. But I'd never try to inforce to people that Britain is the best and shit like that. I have my opinion, and that's that.

Ditto.
      I am not trying to convince anyone America is the best, because it is obviously not, Scandaniavia is easily that. I am just trying to prove Neo wrong, because he makes the most ignorant claims that I have ever read, easily beating most stuff I see on 4chan or anywhere else.
      Obviously he is ignorant as always, I have showed some of his stuff to various friends of mine whom are from multiple nationalisties.
      They all think he is a generalizing ignorant person.
      Now lets not turn this into a topic with personal attacks, Neo can only do that, remember.

Vessol wrote:

Ditto.
      I am not trying to convince anyone America is the best, because it is obviously not, Scandaniavia is easily that. I am just trying to prove Neo wrong, because he makes the most ignorant claims that I have ever read, easily beating most stuff I see on 4chan or anywhere else.
      Obviously he is ignorant as always, I have showed some of his stuff to various friends of mine whom are from multiple nationalisties.
      They all think he is a generalizing ignorant person.
      Now lets not turn this into a topic with personal attacks, Neo can only do that, remember.

What is this heresy. Scandaniavia? really?!

Kuzntskiy wrote:

I am glad that we have a non-American here who knows his facts. I must have got my geography lessons wrong, which is the capital of that country Scandaniavia? :lol:

Scandaniavia is a region if you didn't know Kuznt.
      It includes the nations of: Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Sweeden.

The More you Know!(tm)

Most of my international friends are from the following countries:
      Finland, Germany, Russia, Austrailia, Slovania, Japan, UK

Kuzntskiy wrote:

I am glad that we have a non-American here who knows his facts. I must have got my geography lessons wrong, which is the capital of that country Scandaniavia? :rotfl:

What is this heresy Skandinavia isn't even a single country, unless you were being sarcastic. In which case damn you to hell. :(

Vessol wrote:

Scandaniavia is a region if you didn't know Kuznt.
      It includes the nations of: Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Sweeden.

Yeah, i know. What i was saying 'REALLY?' to, is that you think it's the best (group of nations) in the world.

Scruff wrote:

Yeah, i know. What i was saying 'REALLY?' to, is that you think it's the best (group of nations) in the world.

Yeah they have the highest standard of living, happiest citizens, highest educational scores, least corrupt politics, highest environmental ratings. Really there is quite a lot of reasons, however it is an opinion really.
      If they did become a single super nation, we are all doomed :(. /sarcasm
      That is why I hope to move to Scandanavia hopefully in the future, particularlly either Denmark or Finland.

Vessol wrote:

Yeah they have the highest standard of living, happiest citizens, highest educational scores, least corrupt politics, highest environmental ratings. Really there is quite a lot of reasons, however it is an opinion really.
      If they did become a single super nation, we are all doomed :(. /sarcasm
      That is why I hope to move to Scandanavia hopefully in the future, particularlly either Denmark or Finland.

Those silly Fins and all their defense to Communists. I didn't know that, I've been to Sweeden, and it's nice there.

But in College I only study British politics, so I don't know much about modern Scandaniavia. I know about the winter war, and that's it. I'd have to study up on it. I honestly don't see myself ever moving out of Britain though. I love it here.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

I was making a sarcasm on Vessols comparisons of 'countries' America and Scandinavia. Apparently he did a search after that and found it is a geographic region, not a country. I'm sorry if you misunderstood whom I quoted.

You have to understand the typical mindset of a nationalist American. He made a complete fool of himself with that list of inventions, most of which were made in Europe while America was busy abducting Africans for their plantations.

Now he is trying to make amends by glorifying this country 'Scandinavia' as 'the best' so that he is taken a bit more seriously. Only, iff he could define what makes a country 'the best'. :p

Okay Vessol, here are some pointers for you.
      • When you move to Finland or Denmark, don't cry out in marketplaces "Is there anybody speaking English?"
      • Definitely no American expletives, most Danish and Finnish do understand American profanities even if they don't speak English.
      • Try not to flash dollars too much, it breeds dislike and shows you are an arrogant American
      • Most important of all, don't call anyone a Nazi and defintely no abuse against their Swastika symbols in public places

I am just going to ignore all this, you really don't understand what people say.
      Thanks for being the defination of troll.
      I am going to go from here on out ignoring your posts, they simply are just too funny to seriously respond to.

Scruff wrote:

Those silly Fins and all their defense to Communists. I didn't know that, I've been to Sweeden, and it's nice there.

But in College I only study British politics, so I don't know much about modern Scandaniavia. I know about the winter war, and that's it. I'd have to study up on it. I honestly don't see myself ever moving out of Britain though. I love it here.

Yeah the Winter War is facinating, along with the soon after Continuation War. You should really read up on more stuff about Scandinavia, especialy Sweden, they have a facinating history. I have always wanted to visit Britain myself as well.