"A World Without America"

• Re: "A World Without America"

fumanchu451 wrote:

i need not spell child this is but an online community where grammer is not the least bit concerned
      second he used to be well i calle dhim one anyways and yea he was the dirty nazi i always argued with the kids smart
      third nazis deal with america we killed them afterall

Yes, grammer is the most bit concerned when something is being discussed.
      I have problems making a lick of sense out of what you are saying.
      Nazis deal with America, we killed them all afterall? What does that mean?
      Neo-nazis are still around in America, if that is what you mean, but Neo is not a neo-nazi.
      It is hard telling what you write, please either rewrite, or try to make some sense.

fumanchu451 wrote:

i need not spell child this is but an online community where grammer is not the least bit concerned
      second he used to be well i calle dhim one anyways and yea he was the dirty nazi i always argued with the kids smart
      third nazis deal with america we killed them afterall

Doesn't matter. It costs nothing to type a few extra letters. Furthermore, I doubt you even understand what the word 'Nazi' means.

Lastly, America defeated the Nazis huh? (I'm assuming you mean Nazi germany, since I believe that's the only form of fascism you're aware of) Of course, Britain, France, the USSR, Poland, The British Empire nations and China played no part. Right?

Scruff wrote:

Doesn't matter. It costs nothing to type a few extra letters. Furthermore, I doubt you even understand what the word 'Nazi' means.

Lastly, America defeated the Nazis huh? (I'm assuming you mean Nazi germany, since I believe that's the only form of fascism you're aware of) Of course, Britain, France, the USSR, Poland, The British Empire nations and China played no part. Right?

Yes, unfortanitally many Americans believe that America was the one who saved the world in WW2, while defiantly they helped the Allied powers, they by far were not the sole reason, if that makes sense.
      Ignorance is a sad thing :(.
      What really gets me though is in any forms of WW2 media, why can you NEVER show the German side of things? I mean, movies, games, everything, always on the side of the Allies.
      The closest you can get is really 'All Quiet on the Western Front', but thats because its in WW1 and most people don't know a thing about WW1(Americans that is).

Kuzntskiy wrote:

You can try asking the question and see the reaction of Americans. You can choose to be outraged or have a good laugh, your choice. :p

Most Americans believe the America beat the Nazis, I have experienced their disbelief up-close-and-personal when I said when we were bringing down the Nazis, Americans was watching the game when Japan gave them a run for it by putting their tail (Pearl harbour) on fire. The Japanese kept them busy ever since, US appearing only after we have done the dirty job and Hitler is no more.

American history is one of the worst tripes a person would ever come across in human existence, every good deed in this world since the dawn of America is somehow attributed to Americans. Every bad did they did in this world is always a fault of some 'dictator', of course it is conveniently forgotten who put all those dictators to power in the first place. :rolleyes:

Glad that you realised it. Understand is the key to acceptance. You could help the cause, in your own small way, by looking up all those inventions you mentioned and see if it is America which invented them all. The least we can do for these inventors is give due credit to them, not credit everything by hook or crook to an American.

Yes, but there is some good examples I would imagine. Such as the mainly U.S lead UN forces that helped South Korea defend itself from North Korea. Even if you do not like America, you have to agree that North Korea is a corrupt state and its leader creates a personal cult surrounding himself.
      All nations have their own skeletons in the closet. America is not exempt. It however is more critized because it is the forefront usually in world politics. And like I said in another post 'the 800-pound angry gorilla in a room of spider monkeys'.

Glad that you realised it. Understand is the key to acceptance. You could help the cause, in your own small way, by looking up all those inventions you mentioned and see if it is America which invented them all. The least we can do for these inventors is give due credit to them, for their service to science and humanity. Not twist every invention in an obvious method to show that it is American.

Yes, I did that, and most of them, were either invented or co-invented by an American. The examples you gave were more proto-designs of the invention really. If we wan't to go back to the first 'computer' you could say the Chinese did it with the abucus. Obviously, all things are not American, it is stupid to think that. But, even you with your own understanding can't say that America has contributed nothing, I am sure you can at least agree they have had some influence or at least innovativness.

Vessol wrote:

Yes, unfortanitally many Americans believe that America was the one who saved the world in WW2, while defiantly they helped the Allied powers, they by far were not the sole reason, if that makes sense.
      Ignorance is a sad thing :(.
      What really gets me though is in any forms of WW2 media, why can you NEVER show the German side of things? I mean, movies, games, everything..

I wouldn't say at the time that the American people viewed themselves as the Heros of the world. The matter of the fact is, America entering the war brough a lot to the table for the British and the Soviets. We couldn't have won without America, and visa versa.

I mean, hell. If we could have frozen Winston Churchill, the coldwar would have ended a lot sooner. Perhaps not with the same results though, hahaha. Good old Winston.

Scruff wrote:

I wouldn't say at the time that the American people viewed themselves as the Heros of the world. The matter of the fact is, America entering the war brough a lot to the table for the British and the Soviets. We couldn't have won without America, and visa versa.

I mean, hell. If we could have frozen Winston Churchill, the coldwar would have ended a lot sooner. Perhaps not with the same results though, hahaha. Good old Winston.

True, even not on the warfront, if not for the vital grain shipments to the USSR, they would have probably been out of the war far earlier.
      Winston Churchhill was an amazing man I personally think the UK would probably not have survived WW2 without his guidance., along with Roosevelt, and Stalin...You may ask why I say Stalin, considering many of the things he has done, but you have to admit he was brutal and efficiant in politics.

Vessol wrote:

True, even not on the warfront, if not for the vital grain shipments to the USSR, they would have probably been out of the war far earlier.
      Winston Churchhill was an amazing man I personally think the UK would probably not have survived WW2 without his guidance., along with Roosevelt, and Stalin...You may ask why I say Stalin, considering many of the things he has done, but you have to admit he was brutal and efficiant in politics.

I completely agree about Churchill. He was an amazing man, and leader. If it wasn't for his attitude the British people would have given up.
      As for the Stalin quote, I've actually spent the past year of my life studying the USSR and Communism in the Soviet Union, I consider myself quite the handyman when it comes to that subject, and I also agree.

If it wasn't for Stalin's rapid industrial increase, at the expense of lives. The Soviet Union would have been slaughtered. That's not to say that the mass-murder in the Soviet Union is by any means justified.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

The Soviets had repealed resistance when US entered the world war. If the US didn't come into play, we would have won anyway, the different would have been a larger Soviet Union encompassing almost the entire Europe.

Yeah, I don't think that's something we wanted. Hahaha.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

In a period of war, Stalin can't afford to be a Mother Teresa, much like US didn't act like Gandhi. Talking about brutal, even Winston Churchill and Truman can be blamed for the same. 5 million people in India and Burma didn't drop down dead from a 5 year famine.

Agreed. But, you and I both know that a lot of the deaths in the Soviet union could have been avoided.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

Thats a pretty empty statement if you look at facts. I am sorry, but this is as ignorant, false and egoistical as the claim that Americans defeated the Nazis.
      • Which other nations fought a quarter of wars America did in the last 50 years?
      • Which nation killed a even half of human beings off this earth in the last 50 years?
      • Which nation is the only and first one to use nuclear weapons on civilian megapolis cities?
      • Which is the first nation to use weapons of mass destruction on civilian habitats?
      • Which is the nation that caused the largest mass genocide in the last 50 years?
      I have a lot more questions. But they can wait till you answer this four. Nationalism is fine but it shouldn't be at the cost of the live of humans in ever weak nation on the planet. Why is is that in today's world, only Americans look around proudly after they have killed 40 million women, children and the defenceless?

A 500 pound Gorilla be much more noticebale if there is another equally big gorilla and a few slightly smaller gorillas in the room. By the way I am sure, you picked up that one from some media quote. If you care to read it, it is nothing but a manifestation of American self-ego, a gorilla who is blind that he believes there is no other gorilla around.:rolleyes:

No nation is perfect, just like no human is perfect, even your egotistical self can agree with that.
      I actually made it up myself, and rather it is just about the political influence that the U.S has, rather than any ego things, you have to agree that the U.S has an unnessesary amount of political influence. I didn't mean to forget any gorillas, so I am sorry I hurt your feelings.
      Also the USSR would have many problems if it did not recieve vital U.S grain supplies, that is a historical fact, and the U.S is constantly actually critized for it. Fact is taht the U.S provided grain to the USSR, and it had problems feeding its civilians. You can't ignore that historical fact, the USSR constantly faced famines.
      As to your five* questions.
      • Which other nations fought a quarter of wars America did in the last 50 years?
      • Which nation killed a even half of human beings off this earth in the last 50 years?
      • Which nation is the only and first one to use nuclear weapons on civilian megapolis cities?
      • Which is the first nation to use weapons of mass destruction on civilian habitats?
      • Which is the nation that caused the largest mass genocide in the last 50 years?
      -The U.S has participated directed in the Vietnam War, Gulf War, Invasion of Afghanistan, Invasion of Iraq. So four there, other wars were NATO/UN operations that involved U.S forces along with forces from numerous other nations. Other nations-
      Israel has participated in over six wars in the past 50 years.
      USSR/Russia has participated in four-Including the Hungarian Revolution, Invasion of Czechoslovakia, the constant Sino-Soviet conflicts with China, the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan.
      China has continued in the past 50 years to supress violently dozens of revolts, coups, and insurgencies.

-None, no nation has killed over 1.5 billion people directly.

-America

-The Germans with chlorine gas against Allied forces in WW1, in warfare. Against civilians, Germany again, when they bombed U.S forces in Italy with mustard gas, killing unrecorded civilians. Yes, chemical gasses are classified as 'Weapons of Mass Destruction'. There are numerous other instances of chemicle agents used against civilians and military personel.

- Largest mass genocide in 50 years was by the Khmer Rouge led by Pol Pot, a ruthless dictator. Over 1.7 million people were killed.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

No one really knowsthe exact numbers or even a close estimate of it, it is extremely likely that the number is exaggerated in the Western world just for a propaganda effect. As for avoiding deaths, well, we can always claim even the World War 2 could have been avoided. Only if US did not put such macho and humiliating demands in the Treaty of Versallies, that aroused the German nationalism to firely levels. It is not only the British who have national pride, the Germans or for that matter everyone who can afford it, has it too.

The Holocaust must be exadurated as well, huh? 'Damn Zionist propaganda' as you would say. BTW, the U.S was not behind the Treaty of Versallies, the harshest demands were by France who did not want to risk a strong continental neighbor again. Read your history books please, make sure they are not made in America or wherever, mine are not, they are made by a international press(Yes I buy history books for myself).

Kuzntskiy wrote:

They bombed the forces again, the few civilians just got on the way. Unlike Vietnam a systematic genocide to eliminate a few tribes with WMDs and starvation wasn't in place by Germans.

I wouldn't defend the Germans in that sense, perhaps not in America but in Britain, the German Airforce knew that they were bombing civilians.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

They bombed the forces again, the few civilians just got on the way. Unlike Vietnam a systematic genocide to eliminate a few tribes with WMDs and starvation wasn't in place by Germans.

Well after that there was a little thing called the Holocaust where 9-11 million people were slaughtered within various means, one of the most common being chemicle gas.
      The Japanese also killed over 3-10 million Chinese, Indonesians, and Phillipinos. Not to mention the thousands of PoWs they killed and perfermed medical experiements on.
      The Soviets also during the Great Purges killed over 15 million. The KGB only placed it above a million, but it was proven by numerous historians this was widely false.

The Americans never deported anyone of any ethnic origin to camps to summarly use them for slave labor and/or kill them. The closest thing to it was the unfair internment of Japanese Americans, which the U.S has already paid compensation for.

You would be blind not to see the human rights atricities that China commits, but you really are I imagine.
      You believe anything that isn't against America is blind propaganda.
      Wanna know whats funny.
      It is written down in history wheither you believe it or not.
      One person as yourself, has no say over history.
      You can't do a thing about it, except complain and moan.
      I wonder why you would waste parts of your life trying to change something that can't be changed, but it is your own life to waste. I hope you are proud of what little accomplishments you make, seriously. Goodbye, and the best of health and luck to you my friend.

Brining everything back to the first page, how many of these american inventors were american not american imigrants. john Vincent Atanasoff, The inventor of the first true computer, was a Bulgarian that immigrated to the U.S., as you said Tesla was an American immigrant, Ienstiene was an American immigrant. So I'm wondering how many of these "American" inventors are actually American. oh and that video is flawed as it assumes that without American none of the accomplishments of "American" inventors would have happened yet it talks about the atom bomb.
      Religion is the tool of Satan.

Source Code

1. Cold is God's way of telling us to burn more catholics.
      The probability of religion being fact is the same as that of God smiting me for a legitimate reason.

Vessol wrote:

Scandaniavia is a region if you didn't know Kuznt.
      It includes the nations of: Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Sweeden.

Scruff wrote:

What is this heresy Skandinavia isn't even a single country, unless you were being sarcastic. In which case damn you to hell. :(

Kuzntskiy wrote:

Okay Vessol, here are some pointers for you.
      • When you move to Finland or Denmark, don't cry out in marketplaces "Is there anybody speaking English?"
      • Definitely no American expletives, most Danish and Finnish do understand American profanities even if they don't speak English.[/quote]
      A discussion about Scandinavia between two people who can't even spell the region's name correctly and one who doesn't seem to realise how many people in Denmark speak near-fluent English. That was fun :)

If you're going to use the word "America" to refer the the United States of America then I don't see the big deal with referring to Scandinavia as a single entity anyway. "America" isn't a country either.

Oh Kuz, why don't you just ignore me again. It's much easier for the both of us.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

For the person who spells scandinavia differently I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. That is stupid really, for someone to argue how something is spelled, much like the argument between spelling 'realise' or 'realize'. But of course, we can expect only so much from someone who is perpetually busy to finding small things so that they can insult others. The ambiguity and languages and way of spelling often escapes their notice. Iff they were a little more wise....

Neither of those spellings are acceptable in any English language derivative as far as I'm aware, unlike your example. I don't write 'Danmark' or 'Grønland' for the same reason. You've missed the point, anyway - arguing with people about the relative merits or 'country-like' status of a region when you can't even spell its name correctly in the language you are using is unwise.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

The second part, Danes speaking English is interesting. English is still a foreign language to most Danes and advising most Americans not to shout "How many of you speak English?" is still a good idea. If one were to go into the more local markets of Copenhagen, one starts to appreciate the fact that English doesn't always help in a country where it is a foreign language.

Haha.. you picked the 'local markets' of Copenhagen, of all places, to use as an example of where English might not be useful? If you actually knew anything about Denmark you could have picked one that made sense.

Kuzntskiy wrote:

And there is always Greenland, English is spoken only among the few and far between.

Meanwhile, thousands of kilometers across the ocean in a politically autonomous region...

Kuzntskiy wrote:

If one says America to mean the country United States of America, what country would the term Scandinavia mean? I hope the man with the great wisdom can explain it all.... :rolleyes:

I think you might have misunderstood what I was getting at. America (or more correctly, the Americas) does not mean the United States of America, in the same way that Scandinavia does not mean any single country in particular. That was the point.

You still haven't PMed me the URL for that political and military forum you mentioned. Please do so!