I'm sick and tired of this!!! (I'm Ranting)

• I'm sick and tired of this!!! (I'm Ranting)

I'm a very calm person when it comes to people and what they "think" they are, but once they bring me into their little labeling scandal it makes me wanna punch a baby. (harsh i know)

At my high school you see the "Scene" Kids the "Jocks" (that wear spacers and gauges yes its not only for "scene" kids.) The "Emos", and all these other types of labels

I've never had a problem with labels cause i was never called one. Though i do have different styles for my different moods. I've been called Prep, Scene Kid, and Emo. Just because of how i dress.
      Ugh do i hate when people come up to me on a day that i feel like putting my bangs down and asking me if I'm "Scene" or "Emo". "Look Kiddos No I'm Not Scene Or Emo." is what i want to yell at their face. I'm a really shy person to be honest, but once something like that happens my blood boils. Why cant people like what ever they want with out being labeled?

Woah wait! That's like asking for world peace right? -___- yeah my thoughts exactly.

Ugh I'm just so irradiated that i cant finish what I'm going to say so I'm stop while I'm ahead. So F it all I'm going 80s. :cool:
    • Re: I'm sick and tired of this!!! (I'm Ranting)

That's life in high school pretty much. You're going to get labeled whether you like it or not. Kids only label others so they can distinguish who to avoid and who is 'cool', which is absolute bullshit. My advice is to not take any heed to what the other kids say. Just be yourself and hang out with you friends as much as you can. If they ask if you're 'scene' or 'emo' just say something like "you make me emo when you're around. Scram'.

The shy factor doesn't really help either, usually it's because you're shy you'll get singled out like that.. they know you wont talk back or do anything about it. So scare them, talk back. It will take a fair bit of courage trust me, but when you've done it once, it'll get easier. You just need a bit of confidence.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]"Everyone is beautiful.
      Everyone has the right to give and receive love and
      everyone has the right to be accepted and belong. Warts and all."
      [/SIZE][SIZE=6]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=5]C[SIZE=3]all me, I [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]might[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]answe[SIZE=6]r[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Well I could see two sides to this. You should dress however you want because if you legitimately like what you're wearing then that's great. When people ask you those retarded questions simply say "you realize that I just wear whatever I feel like wearing right"

At the same time, if you are dressing like the stereotypical emo kid (which i'm not saying you are) then it would seem pretty obvious that kids are going to call you what you appear to be :P

Not applying this to you, but on a side note, those people who walk around covered head to toe in black with spikes on their wrists and have the scene hairstyle, when they tell you "i'm doing this because i'm an individual and I don't care what people think" are obviously attention whores. If you don't care what I think about you then why are you dressing like an idiot

story of my life! someone came up to me and asked if i slit my wrists! it used to annoy me so much but i guess thats high school life. Iv sort of toned down the black and heavy liner so it doesn't happen so much anymore. Only a few of my friends dress like me so its easy for people to target us. It doesn't bother me so much now though

Haha thanks, Well I'm not looking for attention and what have you I just like the bright colors in my outfits. I don't wear heavy eyeliner,and my hair isn't in my face. I leave it curly for heavens sakes. So why the mix up? Anyways this was just a rant haha but thank you all for stopping by and commenting. :)