It's not the right time.

• It's not the right time.

Okay so, a guy friend and I have both admitted our really strong feelings for one another, and we have both admitted that we want to be in a relationship. However, he says it's just not good time for him.

One, he doesn't quite know what he wants. He told me he likes me a lot, but he isn't sure if he wants a girlfriend just yet. As a full time chef, he works really stupid hours and said he probably wont be able to give me the time that he wants. He said he is also happy being single for now. He also told me he is not 100% over his ex (they were together a year, was the first girl he said 'i love you' to, and she broke up with him about 8 months ago).

Two, He is 20 years old and just finished his four year chef apprenticeship. This means he will probably try and get another job, and he is also looking to move house somewhere in town. Not to mention, he has family overseas and they want him to move over there with them and start a new life, he is still thinking about it.

Three, He is scared of hurting me and losing our wonderful friendship. He said he needs to be 100% sure that he wants to be with me but at the same time he said he usually doesn't talk to his ex's so if we broke up, then that's pretty much the end of it. He is a very down to earth person, very analytical and likes to think things through properly.

For now, he said he wants to stay friends. This has hurt me somewhat but I accept his decision. I like him so much, we match in pretty much every way and he's probably the first guy who has ever truly liked me.. and I can't have him.

Damnit. >:|

Thoughts/opinions please?
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]"Everyone is beautiful.
      Everyone has the right to give and receive love and
      everyone has the right to be accepted and belong. Warts and all."
      [/SIZE][SIZE=6]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=5]C[SIZE=3]all me, I [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]might[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]answe[SIZE=6]r[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: It's not the right time.

Yeah it seems like it would be in your best interests and he has made some very valid points, you should be happy he is so open and he can tell you this stuff.

Honestly, I think he just needs a bit more time, stay close to him and you never know what might happen once everything is sorted out in his life

Yea, we're pretty good friends. He says he doesn't text or talk to anyone on msn as much as he talks to me lol. At the moment hanging out with him is hard since he is doing 10 - 12 hour days over Christmas (the place he works is really popular). So he comes home tired and he just wants to sleep.

At the moment I'm fine with giving him more time, I love the friendship we have because we can talk to each other about anything.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]"Everyone is beautiful.
      Everyone has the right to give and receive love and
      everyone has the right to be accepted and belong. Warts and all."
      [/SIZE][SIZE=6]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=5]C[SIZE=3]all me, I [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]might[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]answe[SIZE=6]r[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

A lot of people jump straight into a relationship because they like someone, and fail to see the big picture. I think you should be happy that this is a guy who isn't doing that, he's making sure that this is going to be a good thing before he dives right into it. From what you describe, Normally "I'm not interested in being in a relationship right now" is an UBER red flag, but I don't see it in this case. I would call him more thoughtful than I would indecisive.

I would give him some time. You seem interested in him, and he seems interested in you. Just don't force anything, and see how the next few months go.