:D Guess what?

• Re: :D Guess what?

Willardlol wrote:

I think this picture is appropriate :D

Naawww, Bit creepy that some random's taking their photo... but all teh same :)

Anyone else read the Guy in the camo's name badge backwards?
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

I don't get why any of this is a big deal, DADT isn't that crazy, and to those who think it's stupid, so is the need to spread around the fact that you're of a certain sexual orientation, and that's not bigotry or homophobia, that's a simple truth. Not to mention, while DADT might be solved, homophobia is not, I wouldn't be surprised if we see odd patterns in the amount of openly gay troops who end up casualties.

Sorry to rain on everyones parade, but there are much bigger issues to be tackled both in the law and in societal thinking.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by SMOKE. ().

Yeah, while there certainly bigger issues in the world, DADT was still an issue. But that's over and done with now, so who cares :)

Krasseevaya;2715094 wrote:

[CENTER][SIZE=3]I kissed my best friend.[/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE] [SIZE=3]But she was high, and I just wanted to see if she tasted like chocolate cake.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

SMOKE. wrote:

I don't get why any of this is a big deal, DADT isn't that crazy, and to those who think it's stupid, so is the need to spread around the fact that you're of a certain sexual orientation, and that's not bigotry or homophobia, that's a simple truth. Not to mention, while DADT might be solved, homophobia is not, I wouldn't be surprised if we see odd patterns in the amount of openly gay troops who end up casualties.

Sorry to rain on everyones parade, but there are much bigger issues to be tackled both in the law and in societal thinking.

I guess you're one of those people who believe that you can't have gays in the shower because "they will look at your ass" and the "women can't shower with men, so gay guys should not shower with men as well" argument.

DADT is part of the reason homophobia exists. True, homophobia may not be solved today, but it is a step forward.
      The reason people are homophobic, apart from religious bullshit, is because they believe it is all right to discriminate against a person. DADT is discrimination.
      It is about high time people learn that it is not acceptable to discriminate against another person.
      So with DADT gone, there is nothing except the gay marriage issue to vent all their prejudice. But once that is gone, all homophobes will have to shut the fuck up unless they want to get smacked across the face by Sarah and I (and get raeped by RMG :D).

Plus, the only debate is the shower thing. No one has been able to prove that your sexual orientation defines your ability to shoot, kill, roll in the dirt and drive big-ass tanks.

Tombgeek wrote:

I guess you're one of those people who believe that you can't have gays in the shower because "they will look at your ass" and the "women can't shower with men, so gay guys should not shower with men as well" argument.

DADT is part of the reason homophobia exists. True, homophobia may not be solved today, but it is a step forward.
      The reason people are homophobic, apart from religious bullshit, is because they believe it is all right to discriminate against a person. DADT is discrimination.
      It is about high time people learn that it is not acceptable to discriminate against another person.
      So with DADT gone, there is nothing except the gay marriage issue to vent all their prejudice. But once that is gone, all homophobes will have to shut the fuck up unless they want to get smacked across the face by Sarah and I (and get raeped by RMG :D).

Plus, the only debate is the shower thing. No one has been able to prove that your sexual orientation defines your ability to shoot, kill, roll in the dirt and drive big-ass tanks.

1. Why would a straight man want gay men in the showers with him?

2. I've done some cruel things in my life, the most prominent I can think of right now was due to someone giving my ass a stare, and I'm no killer. Hopefully you get what I'm saying here, it's a bad idea allowing this, most any gay soldier who's excited at the idea of being able to come out to all his military buds is more than likely in for a harsh lesson.

I'm not saying that I think DADT should have stayed, but i do think that it was a stupid, pointless move as far as anything but raising the LBGT populations morale. I guess it's good people are taking steps at least.
      Also; being black, although I'm often mistaken for italian, mexican, or middle eastern, I can tell you that racism is very much still around, most everywhere you go. We're allowed to serve in the army, we're allowed to marry anyone we want other than another guy, and there's a black president in the U.S. My point being; homophobia isn't magically going away any time soon that I can foresee.

[/CENTER]

SMOKE. wrote:

1. Why would a straight man want gay men in the showers with him?

2. I've done some cruel things in my life, the most prominent I can think of right now was due to someone giving my ass a stare, and I'm no killer. Hopefully you get what I'm saying here, it's a bad idea allowing this, most any gay soldier who's excited at the idea of being able to come out to all his military buds is more than likely in for a harsh lesson.

I'm not saying that I think DADT should have stayed, but i do think that it was a stupid, pointless move as far as anything but raising the LBGT populations morale. I guess it's good people are taking steps at least.
      Also; being black, although I'm often mistaken for italian, mexican, or middle eastern, I can tell you that racism is very much still around, most everywhere you go. We're allowed to serve in the army, we're allowed to marry anyone we want other than another guy, and there's a black president in the U.S. My point being; homophobia isn't magically going away any time soon that I can foresee.

1. Gay men and women are not the uncontrollable, sex-crazed monsters the media makes them out to be. Just because gay men like men does not mean they like ALL men. A lot of the guys in the military are fucking ugly to begin with.

2. I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that straight soldiers will kill or assault another soldier for being gay. That guy will (1) be kicked out the military with a criminal record and (2) will be unable to find another job due to his criminal record.
      Also, I read somewhere that a lot of soldiers agreed that DADT should be done away with.

3. Of course you would not understand, you're probably not gay or bisexual.
      Like I said, I agree with you that homophobia will not automatically go away. I'm just saying that it is a step towards acceptance. The sooner the US government eradicates discriminative laws, the sooner people will realize that there is nothing wrong with being gay.

Tombgeek wrote:

1. Gay men and women are not the uncontrollable, sex-crazed monsters the media makes them out to be. Just because gay men like men does not mean they like ALL men. A lot of the guys in the military are fucking ugly to begin with.

2. I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that straight soldiers will kill or assault another soldier for being gay. That guy will (1) be kicked out the military with a criminal record and (2) will be unable to find another job due to his criminal record.
      Also, I read somewhere that a lot of soldiers agreed that DADT should be done away with.

3. Of course you would not understand, you're probably not gay or bisexual.
      Like I said, I agree with you that homophobia will not automatically go away. I'm just saying that it is a step towards acceptance. The sooner the US government eradicates discriminative laws, the sooner people will realize that there is nothing wrong with being gay.

I stare at attractive women in much less...naked situations than open showers/locker rooms/ and even just public bathrooms, and I don't understand why gay people would be any different, I can't say I know from experience, so I'll leave it, but I think both of us know YES, gay people do exist and YES unless you're a mole person who lives in the sewer or some shit, one of them will probably think you're attractive. From the people I've known who joined the marines (I don't know anyone in other branches) you can get assaulted for a lot less, maybe not killed it's not WWII anymore, but I wouldn't rule out people starting shit. Anyways though, you're right, I'm completely straight and never had any thoughts otherwise, so maybe I don't feel it the same way you do.

[/CENTER]

Tombgeek wrote:

I hate straights who believe all gays want to just throw them down to the floor and have sex with them. Just tell someone your gay and they're like "get the hell away from me!".. not all of us want your asses =P
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

That's silly. But i don't see the gain in fighting the policy either. I don't think that LGBT people are really gonna be throwing pride parades out there. It really has nothing to do with their duty, and repealing the policy won't remove discrimination itself. I don't think the repeal is a bad thing, but i'm not sure what is gained either.
      some lgbt people may get over excited, make a big announcement in the camp, and i don't doubt that there are some extremist homophobes amidst them. it's easy to make murder seem accidental, or resultant of enemy fire in a war zone. It's naive to think that no one out there would risk their livelihood for a little hate crime. people have committed heinous acts for reasons a lot less compelling than hate. jus' sayin'
      [CENTER]
      Loistre Danz....[/CENTER]

Sarah wrote:

I don't even agree with the concept of pride parades. O_o But I'm just glad that people who used to be so unaccepting are becoming more accepting. it's at least a step, imo.

oooooh. I get it now. I guess you're right.:D although its not the people, it's the organization really.
      [CENTER]
      Loistre Danz....[/CENTER]