"Violence" against women

• "Violence" against women

This has been a question in the back of my mind for quite awhile now and I just want to understand other people's view on it. Why do people freak out at any type of male contact with women that has to do with anger or retaliation (pushing, slapping, punching, kicking, etc.). If a girl kicks a guy in the nuts or slaps him in the face in a public place (like a bar), people probably won't bat an eye, ask questions, or get mad and might even laugh. If a guy so much as pushes a girl or something, people flip shit. I believe in equality for all people through race, religion, and GENDER. Why is it that women have equal rights and opportunities yet have such a double standard in this area? If someone punches or slaps me in the face or kicks me in the nuts, I don't care who you are. I'll do unto you what you do unto me. Why is that so wrong? I don't condone violence in the first place but it just doesn't make sense for it to be socially acceptable for female on male violence but not vice versa.
    • Re: "Violence" against women

If women want to have the same rights as a man, then those who feel that a man hitting a woman is worse than a woman hitting a man are completely hypocritical. I feel social standards should not forbid a man to hit a woman. However, genuinely good men wouldn't hit a woman, ever.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

I disagree with never hitting a woman, I can think of several occasions where I would be okay with killing a woman, so hitting a woman shouldn't be any different. The difference I think is genuinely having the interest of abusing someone else.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

I never understood the idea that "if women want to earn as much money as me, I should be able to punch them in the face just like I could if they were a male". That's like saying "if people in wheelchairs want to be able to use public amenities, then I should be able to punch them in the face just like I could if they were able-bodied". The goal of equality isn't about setting everything on an even keel, it's about combatting discrimination.

Women are inherently less muscular than men, that's just a consequence of their genetics; we kill the animals, they nurse the children. Even though one could make a strong case that society has eliminated the need for those specializations, our DNA didn't get the memo and to this day, your average male will be much stronger than your average female. As a consequence of that, any physical altercation a male would have with your average female would result in more damage done to her and far less damage done to him when you compare it to a fight with another male.

Speaking generally, it's the same as if you saw a large man merciless beating a much smaller man. Many people say that if they are punched, they will punch back, even if it's a woman. What they fail to realize is that retaliation like that is, in most states, illegal no matter if you hit a man or a woman. The law does not establish a double standard, only society does, and the reason for it is simple. If you saw a man who was 6'6" and weighed 250 pounds beating up some guy who was 5'1" and half his weight, wouldn't you be appalled at his actions and view him as a bully? For the most part, a guy hitting the girl is the same thing. It doesn't matter who threw the first punch, it's simply not acceptable to measure your input of pain and deal it back out to the person who gave it to you. You can defend yourself without throwing knockout punches.

Finally, domestic abuse carries a significant stigma because more often than not it is the result of an overbearing husband dishing out corporal punishment, and rarely a matter of self-defense. I'm not saying that no woman has ever attacked a man to the point where he had to use violence to protect himself, but a lion's share of domestic abuse cases are simply a man using intimidation and violence to force his wife to do his bidding, or suffer the consequences.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

You write very intelligently, but the original point still stands I believe, questioning why a man ought to be restricted in responding to acts of violence coming from women. It is very well to say that the average man ought not to initiate physical contact with the average woman, but if a woman decides to initiate a physical conflict, they shouldn't do it in the relative safety of expecting the man will be disallowed the right to respond in kind.
      [CENTER][COLOR="Green"]If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
      [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Jarndyce wrote:

You write very intelligently, but the original point still stands I believe, questioning why a man ought to be restricted in responding to acts of violence coming from women. It is very well to say that the average man ought not to initiate physical contact with the average woman, but if a woman decides to initiate a physical conflict, they shouldn't do it in the relative safety of expecting the man will be disallowed the right to respond in kind.

would you still hold this stance if the couple were incredibly unevenly matched?
      is it okay for a football player to hit his 5'1" 98 pound wife? just wondering.

because your view seems very "you did it to me so i can do it to you neener neener i'm five"
      [SIZE=3]GFY[/SIZE]

I think if a woman provokes a man and they get slapped or pushed for it then they deserve it. Same way if a man provokes a woman.
      I always hated the way in schools with younger kids, you'd always see the girls walk-running after the boys slapping them but of course if the boys did that, they'd be in trouble with teachers.

Personally, if a woman goes mouthing off thinking theres no consequences for her actions and a man hits her then it's her own fault.

Alex wrote:

If women want to have the same rights as a man, then those who feel that a man hitting a woman is worse than a woman hitting a man are completely hypocritical. I feel social standards should not forbid a man to hit a woman. However, genuinely good men wouldn't hit a woman, ever.

Best answer.
      [SIZE=3]Allow me to hold your[/SIZE] [SIZE=1](the ignorant masses and hordes of uncouth)[/SIZE][SIZE=3] face under the putrescent waters of knowledge[/SIZE]

I just think that if a woman instigates a physical conflict (where she knows her opponent's physique) then that should allow her opponent to return everything done to him (or her but I'm talking about guys in this case). I do think that if a guy (in general) attacks a woman (in general) that is pretty pathetic. If the only way you can get your message across is to put yourself in a situation where you're almost sure to win then you're pathetic. But if a woman instigates the a physical conflict then she knows the situation and disadvantages but takes this route anyway, this is her fault. She chose a brutality over intelligence and her opponent should be allowed the same option without fear of greater negative response.

Understand this, I'm not talking about UFC fighting here. I just talking about a simple one action exchange. A slap for a push. A kick in the nuts for getting knocked out of her chair. It would be just pathetic for a guy to just get into a no holds barred fistfight with a women of considerably smaller physique. Again, that would be a situation where the guy would probably win 90% of the time. But again if the woman, knowing her disadvantage, chooses to start a "UFC fight" with a guy and won't back off, then she is egging on her demise.

these feminist group gets on my nerves sometimes, but honestly I think any man who raises his hand to a woman is less than a rat, that my opinion, but if a woman slaps me for no reason in public, I will not raise my hand no I rather chop my hand than to raise my hand to a woman but I will ridicule her for slapping me for no apparent reason.

thats my view anyway, soo on with the posts.