Paintball: Speedball vs. Woodsball

• Paintball: Speedball vs. Woodsball

Well, I decided that this forum needed a paintball thread! So, here it is:

What do you guys prefer? Speedball (airball, hyperball, etc.) or Woodsball (scenario, objective, etc.)

I would make it a poll - but I want to know why you guys prefer one over the other, I love both and want to know what the rest of you like!

Haven't played paintball before/Aren't an avid paintballer? Feel free to leave your thoughts on the sport!
    • Re: Paintball: Speedball vs. Woodsball

It depends for me really. I tend to prefer Speedball more because of the adrenaline, but I like Woodsball for strats and stuff :p
      [SIZE=3]Allow me to hold your[/SIZE] [SIZE=1](the ignorant masses and hordes of uncouth)[/SIZE][SIZE=3] face under the putrescent waters of knowledge[/SIZE]

yeah as I said I love to do both, but I think I'd lean more towards woodsball. However the closest woodsball courses are an hour away, while speedball courses (both indoor and outdoor) are within 30 minutes of me.

Agreed Ne0, the adrenaline rush in fast-pace speedball matches is awesome, but I feel more comfortable with natural terrain and such like dexter said.

Hopefully, if this new scenario paintball area opens up nearby, I can get more into woodsball/scenario games - since I want keep upgrading my Tippmann X7 and sell my Invert Mini.

Anyone from the Northeast area planning on going to the 2011 Westpoint Meet and Greet scenario games this year in april? (btw - there are 3 other 'Meet and Greets' across the US in case you want to attend but live a bit far from NY/NJ area)

I only ever played woodsball and I thought it was fantastic. I sat out on a game of speedball and watched and it just didn't look as fun as woodsball. I like just going out on a course we built ourselves with simple rules and just have some fun. Not getting serious, just having some fun. I mean of course we want to win but we're not all like 'Fuck you, dude' if we get overshot. We built some badass bunkers too and named them shit, like Rebel and Mexico (marked by Confederate and Mexican flags, etc.) so we could shout out the names to our team-mates as we played. 'Like we got two guys in Karate, can you work around and flank 'em?' Fun shit, man. I miss it. I built my Tippmann 98 up pretty badass with an Apex barrel and a buttstock and shit just for woodsball and now it's sitting collecting dust in my laundry basket.
      formspring.me/LeeAnderson Eh formspring me I suppose. I have fallen to a new level...

hahah swollen trust me, consider getting some friends and attending a local "scenario" event, it is literally black ops without dropshotters, lag, and spawncamping - but in scenario games there are even tanks!

Yeah Lee, I use to rock the apex barrel until I wanted a smaller setup on my X7, so I bought the MP5SD mods and tricked out the internals - even though I don't use it much, if at all, during the winter, I take it apart and clean it - polish/grease/lube up the internals to keep it top-knotch, so once the spring hits I can get out on the courses. But hey man get back in the game, its awesome!