Skyline (2010)

• Re: Skyline (2010)

Georgian wrote:

The worst, extremaly senseless movie ever made in XXI century.

Agreed 100%.

When I saw trailers for it, I was mildly excited. I'm a a pretty big fan of large-scale alien invasion films (after seeing Independence Day, who isn't?), so this was right up my alley. It was directed by the Strause Brothers, who were behind the God-awful, failed-abortion that is Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, which is what kept me within reality.

Twice I tried to see this film in theatres. The first time it wasn't playing in the city I was in (I was visiting a friend). The second time when I arrived at the theatre, the staff behind the counter said there wasn't a show time for the time I selected, even though it was printed on the website (I triple-checked it).

When a good quality rip appeared on The Pirate Bay about a week later, I jumped at the opportunity to download and watch it. All I can say is, thank God I didn't spend money on it. It's the cinema-equivalent of the Hindenburg. The only redeeming factor (if there even is one) was David Zayas (Batista from Dexter).

I haven't seen Monsters yet, but from what I hear it's "not what you expect". And World Invasion: Battle LA looks promising. The Strause Brothers did the special effects for that film, and there's controversy because they're accused of stealing the idea and basically making their own film.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.