TeenHut Top 20 Series of All Time: The Countdown!

• Re: TeenHut Top 20 Series of All Time: The Countdown!

I can't resist to women's desires. :p

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

So, after much pressure :p, I post the 17th position. Here, we don't have a sitcom like the three previous places; we have a sci-fi series that answers to the name...

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
      (13 points)

Battlestar Galactica is a science fiction series that ran for 4 seasons (75 episodes), from 2004 to 2009. After losing the war against the Cylon robots, the Battlestar Galactica crew speed toward the fabled 13th colony, Earth. Galactica Commander Adama and President Laura Roslin face waning supplies, crushed morale, ...and the credible threat Cylons aboard the ship. It is a re-imagining of the original Battlestar Galactica (1978-1979).
      A great reboot of an equally great franchise, the series are an impressive work of science fiction, however, mixed with elements of thriller, drama and deep religious and political metaphors. Also, great acting from the whole cast, especially Katee Sackhoff and Jamie Bamber, excellent visual effects and decent production. Overall, an excellent series to watch.

Battlestar Galactica was voted by these 2 members:
      DamnImGood - 9
      rosenrot - 4

Wow, BSG only made it to #17? Teenhut disappoints me once again.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

On the 16th position, we have hff4's all time favorite series and the first in the Top 20 that was voted by me. A series that was honored to have some episodes directed by one of the greatest directors of modern cinema. I gave it away of course, and it is...

TWIN PEAKS
      (13 points)

Twin Peaks is a mystery/drama series that ran for 2 seasons (30 episodes), from 1990 to 1991. It follows the investigation, headed by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, of the brutal murder of a popular teenager and homecoming queen, Laura Palmer. The show's name came from its setting, a small fictional Washington town. One of the creators is David Lynch, who also directed some episodes (and subsequently displays his usual oppressiveness and madness).
      For one and a half season, the interest and excitement were extremely high. However, midway through season 2, the revelation of the murderer's identity resulted in a dramatic decrease in ratings and, subsequently, to the series' early end. The murderer himself has created his own legend on television history.
      The series' style and approach, influenced many later works (i.e. Carnivàle). Most of all, Twin Peaks is an essential add to someone's series collection.

Twin Peaks was voted by these 2 members:
      hff4 - 10
      Dexterace - 3

Without many words, we move on to the 15th position, which belongs to the series...

LIE TO ME
      (15 points)

Lie to Me is a crime drama series that currently runs for 3 seasons (43 episodes), since 2009. In the show, Dr. Cal Lightman and his colleagues in The Lightman Group accept assignments from third parties (commonly local and federal law enforcement), and assist in investigations, reaching the truth through applied psychology: interpreting microexpressions, through the Facial Action Coding System, and body language.
      I haven't watched the series, but I found an very good review on IMDB so I copy-paste it here:
      Lie to Me is a very interesting series, with a lot of humor and a very interesting premise in my opinion. In addition the 4 Cast members all play their role very good and add to the show's freshness.
      Tim Roth (great as always!) plays Dr. Cal Lightman, a human lie-detector, who's able to detect any lie from people's body language. That ability comes in handy when catching criminals, but it also provides him with the misfortune of always knowing when someone is not honest with him, sometimes leading to unfortunate situations. Lightman is a cynic and unpleasant character, who's willing to do anything to find out if someone is telling the truth or not.
      The series also features a strong supporting cast, including Kelli Williams as Dr. Gillian Foster, whose husband is cheating on her, a fact everyone of her colleagues is aware of, except herself. Brendan Hines' character is always telling the truth no matter how embarrassing and Monica Raymund starrs as Ria Torres, who has the natural ability of seeing if someone is lying. That often leads to conflict with Lightman, who refuses to believe her ability is as accurate as his, since he needed years of training, while she was just born with her talent.
      Yes, there are parallels with other series, especially "The Mentalist", but those are pretty much limited to the ability of the main character being able to detect the truth from people's movements and voices. Besides "Lie to Me" is focused on the science of detecting lies, something completely ignored in "The Mentalist". For example, it will take a person who's telling the truth longer to respond than one who's lying, because the one telling the truth needs to think about the answer.
      The only real flaw after 5 episodes is in my opinion that not enough character history is provided. We literally don't know anything about the characters, except a few details. I have no doubt we'll eventually find out more, but it's about time they start. All in all, the series is great fun and entertainment, and maybe you'll be able to pick up one or the other lie in the future, thanks to Lightman's group.

I'm already interested, and I've began to download the first season.

Lie to Me was voted by these 2 members:
      Trillium - 8
      RollinRightInuit - 7

Oh, don't worry, we can make it an anual institution. :)

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

I will also post #14, in a few moments.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

I have a lot of appetite tonight, so I post #14. After hff4, it is RollinRightInuit's turn to see her favorite series appear. One of the longest running series on television history, the legendary...

DOCTOR WHO
      (16 points)

Doctor Who is a science fiction series that originally ran from 1963 to 1989, and then relaunched in 2005, in a total of 770 episodes. It depicts the adventures of an eccentric renegade time traveling alien and his companions.
      The series are one of the most well-known and legendary of television history, with ongoing popularity and influence. In my opinion, no more words are needed, aside from the fact that 11 (!) different actors have portrayed the famous Doctor.

P.S.: No distinction was made between the two series, as the one was the continuation to the other.

Doctor Who was voted by these 2 members:
      RollinRightInuit - 10
      Bodric - 6

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dexterace ().