TeenHut Top 20 Series of All Time: The Countdown!

• Re: TeenHut Top 20 Series of All Time: The Countdown!

On the (lucky) 13th position, we have a series that was both
      Heather and Trillium's #2. A series that I haven't watched, which is...
      NCIS
      (18 points)

NCIS is a police procedural/drama series that currently runs for 8 seasons (174 episodes), since 2003. It revolves around a fictional team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, which conducts criminal investigations involving the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
      As said above, I haven't watched the series, but the plot made me very interested and got into my "waiting list". So feel free to write a review.

NCIS was voted by these 2 members:
      Heather - 9
      Trillium - 9

The following series requires extra citation, as it is the favorite of the instigator and organizer of this voting. On #12, the super series...
      BAND OF BROTHERS
      (19 points)

Band of Brothers is a World War II mini-series that ran for 10 episodes in 2001. The narrative centers on the experiences of E Company of the 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment assigned to the 101st Airborne Division of the United States Army. The series covers Easy's basic training at Toccoa, Georgia, the American airborne landings in Normandy, Operation Market Garden, the Battle of Bastogne and on to the end of the war, including the taking of the Kehlsteinhaus (Hitler's Eagle's Nest).
      I think that the 9.6 (!) rating it currently holds on IMDB, could speak on my behalf, but since I voted it as my favorite television series, I'd like to say a few (well, maybe more) words.
      The production is barely reminiscent of television; I am sure many films would be jealous of Band of Brothers' production. Every single detail is set perfectly. The cinematography is so realistic, that you think you're watching an actual war. All of the actors are suberb and once again for an HBO programm (The Wire, Carnivàle) they are relatively unknown outside the series. The story, while based on historical events, not only isn't boring but keeps unfailing interest. And the characters are so fully developed, just like everyday persons; flawed yet extraordinary, not the superhero soldiers many war films present. They are heroes but they are also humans.

P.S.: If you enjoyed Band of Brothers, check out the Pacific (2010). It is another mini-series set during World War II; this time, however, the story focuses on the United States Marine Corps' actions in the Pacific Theater of Operations within the wider Pacific War.

Band of Brothers was voted by these 2 members:
      Dexterace - 10
      hff4 - 9

On the 11th position, we have a series that didn't took any #1; however, it was voted very high by three different members. On #11, the ongoing series...
      FRINGE
      (21 points)

Fringe is a science fiction series that currently runs for 3 seasons (52 episodes), since 2008. The series follows a Federal Bureau of Investigation "Fringe Division" team based in Boston, Massachusetts under the supervision of Homeland Security. The team uses unorthodox "fringe" science and FBI investigative techniques to investigate a series of unexplained, often ghastly occurrences, which are related to mysteries surrounding a parallel universe. One of the creators is J.J. Abrams, who has connected his name with LOST, that's why half of the viewers anticipate a crazy and unexpected ending, while the other half a fiasco.

Fringe was voted by these 3 members:
      RollinRightInuit - 8
      Adri - 7
      Butthurt Burt - 6

I read the results.

The Shield at #98.

:cries:

Anyway if I had to vote:

1.) Seinfeld (Defined a decade)

2.) Law and Order (Do I really need a reason? It curb-stomps NCIS)

3.) Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Not only helped one man's whole career, but should be ranked as one of the funniest shows on television)

4.) The Shield (It's not given enough credit tbh. It has one of the most interesting plot twists in all of television)

5.) 21 Jump Street (Not only started up Johnny Depp's career, it was a really good show and was the Law and Order of the 1980's)

6.) Everybody Loves Raymond (I don't mind admitting I like this show. It's not like I watched every episode, but how can you not laugh watching this? No sitcom today comes close to this show, maybe Modern Family)

7.) Friends (I hate it. However, you can not ignore the impact of this show)

8.) Rescue Me (It's a great show, and it captivates a real life tragedy really well. I've watched every episode and I'm looking forward to the next season, which is probably the last one. The only reason I ranked it so low is I do think it gets repetitive at times)

9.) Nip/Tuck (If it wasn't for Seasons 4 and 5, I would've put this show at #1. It is my favorite show of all time, and I don't think enough people give it a chance because of what the show is based on. The character development is really good in my opinion)

10.) Weeds (Great show, but I think character development falls flat, and I wasn't a great fan of Season 4. Season 6 gave the show redemption. Seasons 1-3 were great)

Special Mention.) Prison Break. Seasons 1-2 were really good.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

The post was edited 3 times, last by Manny ().

I've a few I didn't think of til after the voting closed, that I think are better than some of the ones I actually gave votes to :(
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Unless I've missed it entirely, Arrested Development hasn't been listed yet. So I'm kind of hoping it'll be in the top ones so I wont feel so bad for forgetting it :cries:

Also, Lost will be in the top 10, and Firefly, probably Friends, maybe House, etc
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

We're halfway through the countdown, now. On the 10th position, I Fucking Suck's personal #1, the series...
      THE SOPRANOS
      (21 points)

The Sopranos is a drama series that ran for 6 seasons (86 episodes), from 1999 to 2007. The story revolves around the New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster Tony Soprano and the difficulties he faces as he tries to balance the often conflicting requirements of his home life and the criminal organization he heads.
      Aside from being the most financially successful series in the history of cable television, the Sopranos is considered one of the greatest television shows of all time. High level production quality (as usual with HBO programms), fantastic acting, deep and well-written storyline, perfect musical scores. Flawless and extraordinary series, and absolutely deserving its position (and maybe a bit higher).

P.S.: The Sopranos has received 57 (!) awards and 219 nominations.

The Sopranos was voted by these 3 members:
      I Fucking Suck - 10
      vicodin - 7
      Dexterace - 4