Bi-Polar?

• Anyone in here bi-polar? I think I might be....and it's kind of scaring me....I've been freaking out on my best friend, and my x gf, and other friends, and just....I've been in depression for about 2 years, on anti depressants. Never seemed to really help.

I have extreme mood swings....constant sucide thoughts....my friend here on the board (who is one of my best friends in real life, might even chime in on this thread).

Anyone ideas/suggestions/advice? Anything....

[SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY]
    • Re: Bi-Polar?

Hey everybody i'm Joey, Bush's best friend (in real life).

we both seriously need a lot of help with this.

sometimes i feel i want to kill this kid because of the frequent outbursts that come out of nowhere...but know that he really needs help.

this is no joke, so if you reply on this not being serious, then please just keep it to yourself.

i know there are a lot of people who have delt, or is dealing, or has heard of someone dealing with this issue, so please, oppinionate on it.

A LIFE MAY BE AT STAKE!

I don't know much about bi-polar but I did a little research and found a site that could maybe help with understanding it and how to get help for it.

Bipolar.com - Home

I hope this will help some.

(I am new to here so if there is a rule against posting links please remove it and I am sorry)
      There is only one happiness in life,
      to love and be loved.

- George Sand -:lovey:

You can fix yourself. Obviously the depressants aren't helping but be careful coming of that. If you think you're low now, just wait until the floor drops out under you sweety. You need some support through this too man. Doing it alone is hard as hell to do and survive.

Mostly I'd say do as the rest of us do, sac the hell up and deal with it. If you can't take it, you'll kill yourself. If you can put up with it there may eventually be a chance that things will improve or you will change.
      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.

I'm bipolar and I would advise, if you think you are, to get it checked out. See a therapist or a psychiatrist - only the latter can give a distinct diagnosis, but a therapist can help. Bipolar is Hell to deal with on your own...It's taken me over two years to get stable, and I am STILL unstable. Current situations making everything worse...but you need to get help if you're having suicidal thoughts. 1-800-SUICIDE is the helpline if you didn't have access to it before. Try to get help soon...
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Paige~~17~~Bipolar with Anxiety[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I'm not crazy - I'm mentally interesting![/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Remember when life was simple and carefree and you wanted to grow up? I do, and now that I have, where's the rewind button?[/CENTER]

There are two sets of this type of depression. Bi polar and Manic.

A major depressive episode is also characterized by the presence of a majority of these symptoms:
      • depressed mood most of the day, nearly every day, as indicated by either subjective report (e.g., feels sad or empty) or observation made by others (e.g., appears tearful). (In children and adolescents, this may be characterized as an irritable mood.)
      • markedly diminished interest or pleasure in all, or almost all, activities most of the day, nearly every day
      • significant weight loss when not dieting or weight gain (e.g., a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month), or decrease or increase in appetite nearly every day.
      • insomnia or hypersomnia nearly every day
      • psychomotor agitation or retardation nearly every day
      • fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day
      • feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt nearly every day
      • diminished ability to think or concentrate, or indecisiveness, nearly every day
      • recurrent thoughts of death (not just fear of dying), recurrent suicidal ideation without a specific plan, or a suicide attempt or a specific plan for committing suicide

Manic Episode
      A manic episode is not a disorder in and of itself, but instead is a part of other disorders, most usually bipolar disorder.
      A manic episode is defined by the following symptoms:
      A period of an elevated, expansive or notably irritable mood, lasting for at least one week. This disorder must be sufficiently severe to cause difficulty or impairment in occupational, social, educational or other important functioning and can not be better explained by a mixed episode. Symptoms also can not be the result of substance use or abuse (alcohol, drugs, medications) or caused by a general medical condition.
      A majority of the following symptoms are also present:
      • inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
      • decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)
      • more talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking
      • flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing
      • attention is easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant items
      • increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school, or sexually) or psychomotor agitation
      • excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)
      Bi polar I Disorder Bipolar I Disorder actually is a number of separate diagnoses, depending upon the type of mood most recently experienced. Specific symptoms of various types of this disorder follow.
      [INDENT] Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode
      • Presence of only one (present) Manic Episode and no past Major Depressive Episodes.
      Note: Recurrence is defined as either a change in polarity from depression or an interval of at least 2 months without manic symptoms.
      Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Hypomanic
      • Currently (or most recently) in a Hypomanic Episode.
      • There has previously been at least one Manic Episode or Mixed Episode.
      Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic
      • Currently (or most recently) in a Manic Episode.
      • There has previously been at least one Major Depressive Episode, Manic Episode, or Mixed Episode.
      Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Mixed
      • Currently (or most recently) in a Mixed Episode.
      • There has previously been at least one Major Depressive Episode, Manic Episode, or Mixed Episode.

I would say, get checked.
      [/INDENT]

I have bi-polar and manic depression as well.
      I am not on any medication yet, but we are thinking about getting some.

I used to lash out on my sister and other people around me, and it is hard to deal with.

DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE.
      You have people who really care about you, and life isn't worth throwing away. So think about that next time you have suicidal thoughts.

I would say just go see the psychiatrist and get on some medication.

Yeah, about the suicide thing.
      Seriously, I have been through that and I'm still struggling to get out of it.
      It's a horrible thing because not only do you judge yourself, other people start judging you based on your emotions.
      People try to tell you what you're thinking is so wrong.
      When you can't just turn off your emotions, they are always going to be there.
      You just got to keep holding on.
      Because when you less expect it, life turns around.

im bipolar
      i take 75mg of effexor and 100mg of lamictal
      i was fucking crazy before i got on these. and i had to try about 6 or 7 diffferent meds before we found what was right for me
      before, i would be physically ill and unable to do anything but lay in the bed and cry. and then about 3 hours later i would have just this extreme rush of energy and just start cleaning the house. and when i would get tired, i would get pissed off. and eventually crash.
      i couldnt sleep because of my brain just kept thinking...about nothing. just racing thoughts. constantly. i couldnt concentrate in school, i got into alot of fights, and every day id have to go to the bathroom and cry.
      there were many times that i went out and blew all my money on shit that i didnt really need or want, and there were lapses in time (peices of time i didnt remember)
      i also had audiotory hallucinations. hearing things. bells ringing, people talking...
      and i was paranoid and had no self esteem. i always thought people were talking bad about me
      i went off on people for looking at me the wrong way, and ive had 2 suicide attempts.

guys, the lucy you know now was not the lucy 2 years ago. i was fucking pshyco. i was the COMPLETE opposite of what i am now.

go to the quack. thats the only way youre going to get any help. you need to go and see what he thinks. there's a number of other things that it could be.

you better hope youre not bipolar, man. there is nothing you can do but take pills the rest of your life. and it'll take about 3 years for you to get your pills right.
      [CENTER]
      I <3 YOU!
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]www.myspace.com/lucystheman[/CENTER]

You need to go do something together that would have you guys have a good time. Laugh, joke, etc...Whatever tickles your fancy. I'm just going to take a wild guess and say you may have had some issues in school, home, work, outside, wherever. What I would do is find someone you really trust (like your friend on these forums) and sit and talk about what is on your mind and what may be bothering you.

The reason I think you may have become Bi-polar is maybe because of small things building up that you may not notice right off the bat unless you really think about it. A build up of stress is never a good thing.

methsnax wrote:

Suicide isn't really a bad option at all. Essentially if you don't wish to be here, then don't be and get the hell outta my space.

I couldn't disagree more. I think that suicide is a horrible option because in my eyes people who commit suicide are selfish because they worry about how they are and the aftermath their actions will have on other people.

However, thats just me.

methsnax wrote:

Suicide isn't really a bad option at all. Essentially if you don't wish to be here, then don't be and get the hell outta my space.

You're a fucking dipshit. For real. You should be put in front of a firing squad, you fucking loser.

420 wrote:

what you need to do is just chill out.

Good fkn advice. Did you think of that yourself?

And to everyone else who posted serious replies: THANKS!!!