The Highschool Relationship: What happens?

• The Highschool Relationship: What happens?

Okay, so pretty much i've had a hard long past in order to get where 'im at right now, but through my own work i've finally gotten enough courage and determination to ask our this girl, the only problem now is I have no idea what will happen, I would rather not walk into this blindfolded, could anyone from personal experience tell me what a relationship is in grade 11 like? I haven't gone out with anyone since grade 8. and it was awful and all people did was try to break us up which probably caused my problems with dating women. Anyways, Does anyone knows what will happen if we do go out? Like what will it mean? I have one class with her, what do with her during that class? Hold her hand? So confusing I tell yeah. Well if you have anything for what I'm getting my self into let me know!

Tupac
    • Re: The Highschool Relationship: What happens?

Well its impossible for any of us to tell you what your relationship will be like, because every single relationship can be a thousand times different compared to another relationship. I think the best thing you can do is just relax, go with the flow, if you over think this it will drive you insane. The best thing you can do is read off of her. She may be thinking about the exact same stuff. You could hold her hand during class, its completely up to you, you don't have to though, and if you have to write you are going to have to let go of her hand anyway. Just let it be, go with what feels right to you, thats all anyone can do when getting into a new relationship. Also don't let anyone else get you down about going out with someone, at the end of the day its just jealousy on their part. I think you need to talk to her, if you want to explain to her how you are feeling then do, but basically just talk, thats the best thing any couple can do because they are able to get to know the other person better. Good luck :)
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

Okay, well thank you very much for that fast response! Yes I am known for overthinking it all the time. But how do I ignore this feeling, and push it aside for abouy 1 minute so I can ask her out and not think of the likely options? It seems my brain won't let me do it, I cant make the leap and find out if its solid on the other side. Any tips on what to do before I ask her out and when and where should it be? I feel like it may be weird asking her out at the start of the week, is friday a good day so then we can do something that following weekend? Thank you for your time!
      Lemme' know :)
      Tupac,

tupac wrote:

Okay, well thank you very much for that fast response! Yes I am known for overthinking it all the time. But how do I ignore this feeling, and push it aside for abouy 1 minute so I can ask her out and not think of the likely options? It seems my brain won't let me do it, I cant make the leap and find out if its solid on the other side. Any tips on what to do before I ask her out and when and where should it be? I feel like it may be weird asking her out at the start of the week, is friday a good day so then we can do something that following weekend? Thank you for your time!
      Lemme' know :)
      Tupac,

Well first of all, she is already agreed to go out with you, thats half the battle. Soo she must like you to agree to go out with you, she wouldn't be going out with you if you if she didn't like you. I would think maybe ask her to do something hang out sometime during the week, there is no set time limit to ask her out. I think its something that will fade with time as you get more comfortable with her, all you can do is just try and live in the moment, enjoy going out with her, talk about your feelings to her, maybe she can help you be more comfortable. Relationships are all about communication and trust, communicate your feelings for her, and trust in her that your relationship can prosper. I think you just need to have courage and faith in yourself, take a deep breath and draw some confidence, she is your gf now and she will also help you out, things don't need to be too formal. I think it will just take some time, relationships need time to grow, and the more you hang out the more your relationship will grow. I hope this helps. If there are any other queries you have feel free to ask them
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

Well, heres the problem, I was going to ask her out yesterday but then her friends came and I froze I guess you could say. I was asking what are the normal first steps after I ask her out, and how to ask her out, I've only asked out one girl and I was peer pressured into and still regret it. It just seems that it would feel weird, but I really do want to get to know her, and be there for her and stuff, im just not sure how I can get there in the moment, it just seems that for years and years ive been letting my brain decide what i want, even though 5 minutes ago or the night before i had everything worked up, i guess you could say i choke... a lot. In summary, the best way to ask a girl out for someone who isnt comfortable asking people out? I want to get from point a to point b, but how do I do it? Aghhh :(
      Once again thank you and lemme know
      Tupac,

Are you guys close? Like on a regular chatting basis? If not, that could help take the pressure off.

But what you definitely want to do is get her alone before asking. Doing it in front of all her friends sure seems a bit awkward. You said you guys have one class together; perhaps you could pull her aside after that and pop the question. Keeping it plain and simple. If she's surrounded by all of her friends like during your previous attempt, just be bold and don't worry. Approaching her with a simple, "Hey can I talk to you for a sec?" would probably do the trick to get her away from her buds and give you the space to ask her out.

End of the week is a good idea, like you said, too. It gives you the option to immediately hang out together for the weekend and relish in the feeling of being in the presence of your new girlfriend. Probably something casual. Maybe catch a movie? Or go out to lunch? From there you guys can talk about what your relationship means, how you feel, and what happens next. Every relationship is different. Feel each other out for how your guys' will unfold.

Everything kopite said is absolutely great advice as well. Just do what you got to do - talk to her and communicate. Don't try to be so serious about the whole thing. Relax, let your brain cool, and enjoy what you have. Just have fun. After all, what's the use in a relationship if your not having fun?

Also on a unrelated topic, does anyone know pump up music that they have used in order to ask a girl out? I just want to find something That i can play in order to trick my brain for those 15 seconds of asking her out. Any suggestions would be appreciated, 5 days until I do it, anything that i can do in order to get ready?