THE 2011 NEW 27 INCH IMAC......Anti Condom Approved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: THE 2011 NEW 27 INCH IMAC......Anti Condom Approved

My hatred for Apple aside, I never understood why anyone would want to get an iMac. It just looks proprietary. There is absolutely zero customization options available for yourself. Just about all the work on the unit itself has to be done by Apple. If you feel so inclined to get an Apple computer, go for the Mac Pro instead.

Haha never mind, just checked the Apple Store; the Mac Pros are nearly double the price of the iMacs. Wow what a rip off.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Yeh I got over my iMac pretty quick. Sold it and now have me a brand new top of the line (but with a 500GB 7200RPM HDD instead of an SSD) and I am so happy I made the change... I would eventually love to get a Mac Pro, to use as my main computer and use my MacBook Pro as a portable option... but that won't be happening for a long time due to budgetary issues lol.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

aTc wrote:

I would actually say the opposite of Chris.
      I was a big fan of using iMacs/Mac Pros while doing multimedia in School. I don't like the laptops, one of the reasons being the trackpad

Meh. The trackpad is weird at first, but you can customize it the way you wish, especially with right-click. I dislike the Magic Mouse and I especially hate the huge trackpad for the iMac. It's awkward as hell. At least nothing is stopping you buying an inexpensive mouse and using that instead.

The Apple trackpads are FREAKING GOD-TIER, no question about it. :D I didn't care for the loud CLUNK-CLACK noise they make, but as far as tracking goes they're smooth and awesome. I'm buying the external Magic Trackpad to use with my PC as soon as someone comes out with a good third-party Windows driver for it (which I'm sure will happen eventually.) ^^

I love the trackpad!!! It's one of my favorite things about my MacBook Pro. And I agree with the clunk clunk noise being crappy... but you just set the preferences to tap to click, problem solved :)
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Massacre wrote:

I fail to see why you're so amazed to see that question.

Well, I am. I still can't see what his age has to do with everyone's opinion on a 17" iMac. Whether he is 15, 16 or older, it's irrelevant. Unless you are referring to the price of the iMac, but even then, it has nothing to do with any of us.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Legend- wrote:

I love the trackpad!!! It's one of my favorite things about my MacBook Pro. And I agree with the clunk clunk noise being crappy... but you just set the preferences to tap to click, problem solved :)

Played with a Macbook and Macbook Pro again today. Yup, the trackpad is awesome. I actually realized how much better it is than most other laptops.

However, I gave the iMac another go, and realized the Magic Mouse isn't as bad as I originally thought, but it's still a bit small for my hands and feels so vulnerable for some reason. But I still hate the iMac trackpad.

Tombgeek wrote:

Played with a Macbook and Macbook Pro again today. Yup, the trackpad is awesome. I actually realized how much better it is than most other laptops.

However, I gave the iMac another go, and realized the Magic Mouse isn't as bad as I originally thought, but it's still a bit small for my hands and feels so vulnerable for some reason. But I still hate the iMac trackpad.

I dislike the magic mouse :S might be because I have too big hands... might be because it's really just a little bit gimmicky. And why is the magic trackpad inferior to the macbook pro trackpad... it's exactly the same except a bit bigger.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Legend- wrote:

And why is the magic trackpad inferior to the macbook pro trackpad... it's exactly the same except a bit bigger.

It felt awkward and uncomfortable for me. When it comes to a desktop computer, I want a mouse. Not touch-screen bullshit that some companies are incorporating and the big-ass trackpad for iMacs. For me, trackpads belong on a laptop, not a desktop. And it's not like it makes your productivity any better. If anything, if I had an iMac, it would slow me down.

I think what you will find is most people who have a trackpad use it in conjunction with a mouse. The trackpad is amazing for scrolling, searching folders and working with images to name just a few things, paired with a mouse and things become soooo much easier. Even when i'm at my desk with a mouse I find myself using my macbook's trackpad as much and the mouse.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]