Actually worried about this.

• Actually worried about this.

I'm a sophmore btw.Okay so I have a group of friends who I sit at lunch with. We went to recess for a basketball game. Then this stuff happened. My group of friends called next and they said "No, we got next." They got into it with eachother. It was my group of friends and like two or three of them. They kept shit talking and macho bullshitting. I never said anything, I diden't know who the kids were except one and I diden't want to get involved. Anyway, they keep at it and then one of the kids in the group packs the other kids layup. Before that he was just fucking with them. The kid got in my friends face saying "We can go to the bathroom, right now. I'll beat the fuck out of you.'' Stuff like that and he was just laughing. The other kid joined in saying the macho bullshit to him. A security guard broke it up and they were fuming. He then follows the kid upstairs and hits him 3 times from behind and keeps egging him on to fight. I diden't want to get involved with the whole situation, but I don't know if I should have backed him up more. I had no beef with the kids, I diden't say a word to them, but I don't need them coming after me because I was with that group of friends. I don't know it kind of worries me.
    • Re: Actually worried about this.

I would say unless your friends are trying to start shit with you over not backing them up more, don't worry about it. Guys talk shit all the time, and aside from loyalty to your friends, I don't really see any reason why you should have gotten involved. You didn't feel comfortable with it, and that's that.
    • Re: Actually worried about this.

Just cool things down.

If you were to step in, another one of theirs would've stepped in...needless fighting. Just trying to dominate one another. Couldn't you guys have just played basketball together? "Kid, why don't we settle this on the court, not in the bathroom. You wanna see how it's done?"

And then you all get to play/test out your ego and skills whilst enjoying a lovely game of basketball.

Don't worry about how you didn't put your arms up to fight against theirs.. your presence was fine just as is. Your uncertainty within those moments, it's fine. All they were saying were words. Until someone throws the first punch...which is unlikely to happen "wanna settle this in the bathroom?" what? WHy in the bathroom? Just "intimidating" words. From little scared little souls.

Fair enough if you have no beef with them. That's a right cause initself.