Death Sentence

• Re: Death Sentence

Heather wrote:

I agree with DIG completely. I don't see a valid reason for someone to live if they can kill another human being. If we let them live, what is that saying? That it's okay, and you'll just sit in jail where you get 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep in. Things they don't deserve. Just because they give the death sentence to a murderer, doesn't mean they're going to deal the death sentence out like it's candy. As long as it's only used in extreme circumstance like with murderers, I see no issues.

[FONT=&quot]Too Right!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What message it sends out to the honest, law abiding people. Crime pays off, I guess. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Or the message of our ignorant behavior which approves of the murder for it is ok with us, as long as it is not us being slaughtered. Ever heard of Genovese syndrome? Google it![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Things change when it gets personal.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is not a horror movie that you pissed you undies watching or a violent video game where you indulge in massacring your enemy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is a real life, folks.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In 1788 Governor Philip decided on the death sentence for Thomas Barrett. Tom was hanged for steeling food from the public stores.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But have no fear you can shoplift as much as you can, there is Governor Philip no more and you can pull out gun along the way for a more exciting TV news if you get recorded on CCTV surveillance. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We don’t have money to sustain capital punishment and it's more financially viable to commit the murderer to life imprisonment. What about the victim of alleged crime? What victim, we are talking money here![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]According to various polls in Australia (which are equivocal in my opinion) the capital punishment is inhumane punishment under the human rights aegis of torture, and that it is not deterrent because the murderer doesn't think about the consequences when he chokes his wife to death, for example.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I mean, way would someone think about the consequences of their crime when they have no fear of loosing their own life. They are right, the law is not really deterrent at all.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The police and the courts are fallible institutions but we have DNA as a crime solving tool so we can free the innocent. And another misconception of the State being no better then the convicted murder for administering the capital sentence and turning into the murderer itself is so false as to be meaningless.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But be careful when traveling the World because you will lose your hands for stealing and let's not mention if you kill someone. Tyburn Tree will be waiting.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks God for America, China, Russia and the other fifty eight countries which still have got it under control.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Australia will soon follow! [/FONT]

The post was edited 3 times, last by BeThatAsItMay ().

I think ethically speaking, humans have no right to judge whether another person lives or dies. As lame as it sounds, I remember reading something by Tolkien that really stuck with me. It was something about how if you don't have the power to give life back to the dead, what gives you the right to take life away from someone?

My friend came up with thus idea. We could reintroduce the death sentence, but judges are held criminally responsible for their decisions.

So basically if someone was executed and later proven innocent the judge who passed the sentence could be tried for murder and executed.

I still personally say that no human should assume the right to take another's life.

Not to mention the fact that proving guilt is impossible.

Thoughts on my friend's idea?
      You're like the drug that I can't stop taking. I want more and I can't stop craving ^^

KarNiVore wrote:

Not to mention the fact that proving guilt is impossible.

Is it?

On this train of thought, no person should ever be incarcerated or punished.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

In the US someone that is on death row may live another twenty years because they have so many appeals. In my opinion I think we should lessen those by a lot so it goes quicker.

Also to me it seems to cost more for us to keep them in jail than just killing them quickly it isn't like all the cops have guns already so just put them in front of a firing squad.

Also can anyone give another reson why we shouldn't put them to death other than that one person should not have the power to take another person's life?

The post was edited 1 time, last by .Andrew. ().

Murdering someone else doesn't fix anything. By killing them, your not bringing the victim back to life, your not un-doing what happened, your not making anyone happy, your just killing someone else, in a vain attempt to give yourself closure. I thought punishment was to help broken people get themselves together and help them realise what they've done and deter them from making the same mistakes, how does injecting a lethal dose help?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cazoofoo wrote:

Murdering someone else doesn't fix anything. By killing them, your not bringing the victim back to life, your not un-doing what happened, your not making anyone happy, your just killing someone else, in a vain attempt to give yourself closure. I thought punishment was to help broken people get themselves together and help them realise what they've done and deter them from making the same mistakes, how does injecting a lethal dose help?

Execution isn't murder.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

cazoofoo wrote:

...and deter them from making the same mistakes, how does injecting a lethal dose help?

Well, it certainly prevents them from making the same mistakes...

cazoofoo wrote:

Oh no, it's murder that's "Justified", whatever the fuck that means.

There is a legal definition of justifiable homicide. It's really not that bad and rarely used.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

cazoofoo wrote:

Theres a big difference between a legal definition, and what's morally right. Eh, that's just my idea.

Like I said, it's really not that bad (morally, too). It basically states you were in mortal danger or prolonged danger and there was no other way to end it except killing the person(s) doing it to you. I'm paraphrasing heavily here, but you get the idea. Like I said, it's not used very often.
      - George Carlin

louiebugooey wrote:

Let them rot in jail. I am sure some prisoners would rather be killed than spend their life there.

Besides, an eye for an eye turns the whole world blind. Or something like that.

Sure that is a simple resolution but there are only so many jail cells. And jails are already overcrowded.
      Have any other concerns or just want to talk? Go ahead. Pm me.