Death Sentence

• Re: Death Sentence

Deny them any appeals and line them up before a firing squad within a week of being sentenced. Charge their families the costs for the bullets and their stay.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

Aleksandr wrote:

Deny them any appeals and line them up before a firing squad within a week of being sentenced. Charge their families the costs for the bullets and their stay.

Yeah because that doesn't make you sound mentally retarded....

And government's are dangerous. Unless they waive their right to take the lives of citizens then they are not to be trusted. That's the real reason I'm against capital punishment, because it's a dangerous system if the state has the right to murder.
      You're like the drug that I can't stop taking. I want more and I can't stop craving ^^

KarNiVore wrote:

Yeah because that doesn't make you sound mentally retarded....

And government's are dangerous. Unless they waive their right to take the lives of citizens then they are not to be trusted. That's the real reason I'm against capital punishment, because it's a dangerous system if the state has the right to murder.

my father is a lawyer and thats what he thinks.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

I agree that the person responsible for killing another person should face a harsh punishment, but I am against the death sentence, why?

How many people are accused of things they didn't do, and go to jail without ever committing a crime? it happens, and giving the death sentence to someone innocent is wrong.

I personally do not believe in the death sentence. Since the person who committed the crime probably killed somebody else you would think that they deserve the death sentence as well but if you sentence them to death are you really any better then them? I would think not. They would probably suffer more by being put in prison for life without any chance for parole. That is my personal opinion on the matter

If you kill someone intentionally you deserve to die.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Dexter. wrote:

I think all prisoners should to manual work, back in the day they used to do the rail roads, there has to be something for them to do now, free manpower.

Agreed.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

DamnImGood wrote:

If you kill someone intentionally you deserve to die.

Oh I fully agree but if the state reserves a right to end the life of its citizens where does the buck stop? Killing rapists? Killing paedophiles? Killing drunk drivers? Killing gingers?
      You're like the drug that I can't stop taking. I want more and I can't stop craving ^^

KarNiVore wrote:

Oh I fully agree but if the state reserves a right to end the life of its citizens where does the buck stop? Killing rapists? Killing paedophiles? Killing drunk drivers? Killing gingers?

I agree with DIG completely. I don't see a valid reason for someone to live if they can kill another human being. If we let them live, what is that saying? That it's okay, and you'll just sit in jail where you get 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep in. Things they don't deserve. Just because they give the death sentence to a murderer, doesn't mean they're going to deal the death sentence out like it's candy. As long as it's only used in extreme circumstance like with murderers, I see no issues.

Heather wrote:

I agree with DIG completely. I don't see a valid reason for someone to live if they can kill another human being. If we let them live, what is that saying? That it's okay, and you'll just sit in jail where you get 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep in. Things they don't deserve. Just because they give the death sentence to a murderer, doesn't mean they're going to deal the death sentence out like it's candy. As long as it's only used in extreme circumstance like with murderers, I see no issues.

This. Surely it should only be used in serious crimes like murder. If you kill someone intentionally, why should you live? Manual work without the option of parole is also a good option.

KarNiVore wrote:

>acknowledge that governments are dangerous
      >support big government

Also, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "murder." Taking of a life is not always murder...by that logic you must also be against abortion because babies get murdered, amirite?

Heather wrote:

Hurr hurr who are u to say what some1 else deserves hurr durr. Don't play God!11!1!1!!!

Dexter. wrote:

It's extremely unfair when the wrong person gets the death sentence and the real killer roams free, sometimes the truth is only found years after, that's why I am against the death sentence.

I'm doubtful this happens anymore, at least not in modern countries. There's a little thing called DNA evidence which makes wrong convictions hella unlikely.

Personally, I think the death penalty should be used only in the most extreme of circumstances, and if the crime was especially, unusually heinous and awful. It's not a crime deterrent, but it does permanently remove unsavory individuals from society forever (unlike prison) and is thus useful in cases where any hope of rehabilitation is out of the question.

Esmo wrote:

I don't believe the State should have the power to kill its citizens.
      This.

Yoda wrote:

I'm doubtful this happens anymore, at least not in modern countries. There's a little thing called DNA evidence which makes wrong convictions hella unlikely.
      DNA evidence, as incontrovertible as it often is, isn't rock-solid or fool-proof. It can put someone at the scene of a crime, but doesn't necessarily prove that they committed the crime. You also have the possibility of DNA evidence being planted, errors occurring in the lab, and juries incorrectly interpreting DNA evidence.

There's always going to be a slight chance that DNA evidence is erroneous. And when you're contemplating putting someone to death, that slight chance becomes too big of a chance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]