High school homophobes

• Re: High school homophobes

Bazinga! wrote:

I still haven't officially come out to my parents... I'm pretty sure they know, and I've planned to do it on so many occasions but have never truly been able to actually do it. I'm almost certain they'll be fine with it but when I'm even a teensy bit worried about something I find it so difficult to actually do.

But I think you should come out to some more of your close friends... maybe a close sister or aunty or something, I did and they helped me out quite a bit... just one more hurdle to go I suppose.

Even though I know my oldest sister will take it well and be supportive, I still worry though. I guess I'll just wait until I'm on my own. But right now, I'm worried about the guys at school.

Bazinga! wrote:

Ahaha You have no idea how much I want to rep you for this right now lol. Time to go on a random rep blitz so I can

Did someone say free +rep? :D

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Perfectly welcome :)
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

It's one of those things that's absolutely horrifying to say, and when you do within a split second you want to take it back. It took me about a week to muster the ovaries to do it, and so when I was sat down with my Mum watching the TV in my head I was going,

"Ok, on the count of three, 1... 2... Oh crap I can't do it! C'mon spike, 1... 2... D:
      *Fifty seconds later* Ok, now on the count of twenty...
      *Five minutes later* Oh fuck it."

"Mum I'm gay."
      "Eh sure, ok."
      "...."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

D: Ahaha, I go through that routine to turn the shower off in winter, It's amplified by like a million when thinking about coming out. I once made a promise to do it on a specific day. COuldn't do it at breakfast, took her out to lunch to try and ease the nerves couldn't do it. Then came a train trip to the airport- 3 trains and 2 times sitting on a deserted train platform, couldn't do it. Drinking coffee waiting for our flight couldn't do it. 2 flights couldn't do it. Then we arrived and checked into the hotel, couldn't do it.

It was a new years resolution to come out to my parents this year, and for once I don't plan on breaking it- Perhaps I'll be able to do it when I go back home on holiday in June :S
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

D: Ahaha, I go through that routine to turn the shower off in winter, It's amplified by like a million when thinking about coming out. I once made a promise to do it on a specific day. COuldn't do it at breakfast, took her out to lunch to try and ease the nerves couldn't do it. Then came a train trip to the airport- 3 trains and 2 times sitting on a deserted train platform, couldn't do it. Drinking coffee waiting for our flight couldn't do it. 2 flights couldn't do it. Then we arrived and checked into the hotel, couldn't do it.

It was a new years resolution to come out to my parents this year, and for once I don't plan on breaking it- Perhaps I'll be able to do it when I go back home on holiday in June :S

Why not write a letter? That could help.

Ahaha I have a letter typed out and saved on my hard drive. Infact I have a folder of copies I've printed and enveloped, addressed and stamped which I've never been able to actually post.I think it'd be better to do it in person though. Just gutta "grow the ovaries" as young Spike says and do it.

But anyway, this thread is about you. Keep us updated. I think you should just tell your sister... Do you really think your parents wouldn't be supportive (to the point of throwing you out) if you told them?
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

But anyway, this thread is about you. Keep us updated. I think you should just tell your sister... Do you really think your parents wouldn't be supportive (to the point of throwing you out) if you told them?

This thread does not only have to be about me. It can be for anyone struggling with high school homophobes and coming out issues.

Like I said before, I don't think my mother will throw me out, but she can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. She does not absolutely loath homosexuals. I mean, my mom used to cut this other gay guy's hair for a couple of years (my mom was a hairdresser, but she recently stopped and is taking a break), she is friendly with my gay friend (she pretty much figured out he's gay the first time she met him), and knows the art teacher at my school because he went to the same school as my sister (and he and my sister are friends) and likes him.

However, I'm a bit scared because she tends to have this idea that all gay men are supposed to be effeminate and she we were talking about my friend, she mentioned his effeminacy and said, "as if it was normal." That instantly told me that she might not like the idea, but I don't know.

My father will probably hate me, but I don't care about him. I'm planning on disowning him anyway, because he is an asshole. I want nothing to do with him. I know it sounds harsh, but he truly is a selfish human being and I don't see why I must waste my time with him.

I don't want to put a downer on anything, but what a mother will accept in other people, and what a mother will accept in her child are too way different things.
      A lot of people have this pre-conception that fathers are really homophobic, but the women can be just as bad. I think the reason why mothers reject gay children is that it shatters their view of their lovely child that will get a lovely girlfriend and settle down in a nice job and have lots of children... And to them, being gay ruins it for them.

However with 'phobic Dad's, I think it's less about the child and more about them, when they're kids gay, it means that they're defective at raising kids and they're probably gay too in some way. And that scares the crap out of them.

Oh look at me, getting my Freudian on. But seriously now, don't be too worried, I'm being all over-dramatic and it probably won't be like that for you at all.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahaha go down to your local print shop and print out an A0 poster of 2 bears (as in teh gay subculture... or the actual thing if you'd prefer to make allusions :p) making out then blue tac it to the outside of your bedroom door... should do the trick :p lol
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Ahahah yes!!! I might do the same! :p
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

Ahaha go down to your local print shop and print out an A0 poster of 2 bears (as in teh gay subculture... or the actual thing if you'd prefer to make allusions :p) making out then blue tac it to the outside of your bedroom door... should do the trick :p lol

I don't know about the poster, though it could work.

What you think of my new desktop? ^^ The image is a bit big, so that's why I'm posting the link.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomb ().

ooh hairy man-action! Is your computer a laptop? Use it in the lounge room and accidentally leave it on the coffee table? :p
      [CENTER][/CENTER]