Should we go in the Oil Reserve

• Should we go in the Oil Reserve

I just learned we have a reserve of tons of oil. Congress is debating if we should go and use it to lower gas prices or leave it so when we do run out of oil we have a reserve what do you think we should do? I currently have no clue and want to hear your opinions so I can.
    • Re: Should we go in the Oil Reserve

Absolutely. It's $4.00 here now, and it's getting to the point where it's more expensive driving to work than what you make. I think that, until things are resolved, we should tap into that supply.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Speculation spurs inflated fuel prices far more than the current oil supply.

So truee.

The thing with oil is that it not only affects gas prices, but everything as well. even groceries are going up bc of the transportation and electricity.

I think in ways, we should try to consume less oil, riding the bus, taking trains, carpooling, subways, walking, bike riding, etc. the problem with that is that public transportation in the US sucks if you don't live in a big city, so I think gov should make more incentives or try to get some better public transportation in place on more cities.

As well as keep trying to find alternative energy sources, but of course that's easier said than done.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Papa Bear wrote:

So truee.

The thing with oil is that it not only affects gas prices, but everything as well. even groceries are going up bc of the transportation and electricity.

I think in ways, we should try to consume less oil, riding the bus, taking trains, carpooling, subways, walking, bike riding, etc. the problem with that is that public transportation in the US sucks if you don't live in a big city, so I think gov should make more incentives or try to get some better public transportation in place on more cities.

As well as keep trying to find alternative energy sources, but of course that's easier said than done.

Uhm.. None of that will change gas prices. Just saying.

They're doing pretty well about it finding new resources. It's not an easy task, to be sure.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Uhm.. None of that will change gas prices. Just saying.

They're doing pretty well about it finding new resources. It's not an easy task, to be sure.
      If you stick strictly to the supply and demand model, while neglecting all other variables, using less fuel would decrease the cost of gasoline
      . If you add in all the other variables, then its ability to lower prices is debatable, but still possible.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LuklaAdvocate ().

Could be related (I found this very interesting):

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4L18zOEYI']YouTube - Solar Roadways: The Prototype[/ame]
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

DamnImGood wrote:

Could be related (I found this very interesting):

YouTube - Solar Roadways: The Prototype
      Sounds like a pretty neat idea, actually. Perhaps they should implement it on a smaller scale first. i.e. use it for parking lots, sidewalks, residential streets, etc. to see if the cost is justified.

Living in an area that receives quite a bit of snow and ice, it would be interesting to see if much of it could be melted by heating the road surface as they advertise. No more waiting a week to have my street plowed.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David wrote:

Electric cars + shitloads of nuclear power would also work.

Nuclear power YESSSS. Seriously. We need to use more nuclear power. Because it's a great source of energy, and contrary to what people think.. It's fairly safe. As long as we follow the safety regulations when building it.

About the oil reserve.. We should use some of it, yes. To maintain the gas from going up higher. But we should also start drilling off our coasts. People worry that it's dangerous for the environment (BP incident being the most recent), but currently we have countries like China drilling off of our coasts. And they have way less safety regulations. So either we drill with our higher quality standards.. or China drills and we run higher risks of an oil spill while we pay THEM for our own gas. But even if we start drilling now, it'll take a few years before we start seeing gas prices drop. Thus why the oil reserves come into play.
      Need help or just want to talk? PM me. :)
      -------------------------------------------------------
      "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."

kmadsen08 wrote:

I just learned we have a reserve of tons of oil. Congress is debating if we should go and use it to lower gas prices or leave it so when we do run out of oil we have a reserve what do you think we should do? I currently have no clue and want to hear your opinions so I can.

they will tap into america's oil reserves AFTER:

1) Yemen, Libya, Syria, Bahrain, and other OPACs will all have some type of crisis that will influence Oil prices.

2) Saudi Arabia will be last middle-east country to have some type of crisis

3) Oil will go to $150 to $200+ a barrel

4) Gold will go to $3,000 an ounce, silver to $50 to $100+

5) The united states dollar will be dead (not out of existence) by the end of 2012

6) A World Currency (which will be a moderating/reserve currency) will be proposed as the solution to the debt and the dead or dying dollar. This currency will be backed by Gold and Silver.

then we will go to our own oil and double cross the arab countries and other countries that have been buying our (fraudulent) federal reserve notes.

ehm "money"
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

Tbh Congress would be better off using the oil reserve now, if they saved it for the future when oil starts to run out it would have little point because I bet there would not be a lot there to last very long considering the world uses 85 million barrels of oil a day.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]