Things you hate most about being closeted

• Re: Things you hate most about being closeted

cazoofoo wrote:

It's different for everyone. I mean, your really used to it, and you lead your own fabulous private life. And your quite contempt and happy with that, but to allot of people they find their sexuality an integral part of their Identity, and not being able to express that really fucks them over.

This ^^ :)
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

cazoofoo wrote:

It's different for everyone. I mean, your really used to it, and you lead your own fabulous private life. And your quite contempt and happy with that, but to allot of people they find their sexuality an integral part of their Identity, and not being able to express that really fucks them over.

charliebi101 wrote:

This ^^ :)

But one's sexuality doesn't define them as a person, it's only a very minor aspect.

Even if the world were some giant happy tolerant utopia with no homophobia, I still wouldn't go around flaunting it...I just don't see the point. Yeah, I like to suck dick but that's far from defining who I am or my "identity."

But don't wanna stay closeted, straight people can flaunt around with their boyfriends and girlfriends. I want to be able to go out with my boyfriend, introduce him to my family and friends... but there's kinda like an assumed homosexuality that goes with a male having a boyfriend... so yeh.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

But don't wanna stay closeted, straight people can flaunt around with their boyfriends and girlfriends. I want to be able to go out with my boyfriend, introduce him to my family and friends... but there's kinda like an assumed homosexuality that goes with a male having a boyfriend... so yeh.

Exactly. It isnt a massive part of you but it is still a part of you that you are being forced by todays society to keep hidden from your friends and family.
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

I can understand where people are coming from when they say don't let it solely define you. As in don't go around saying "hi i'm ____ and i'm gay" to everyone you ever meet. I don't think as humans it's healthy to live in a constant state of closetedness (?) though. I know when I first told my best friend that I was gay (the first person I told other then my then boyfriend) I immediately felt so, so much better. I think it's important to at least tell a few people really close to you so you know there's always someone there when you need it. (the number of times I've called my best friend in the middle of the night or just randomly dropped over to her house to talk about things is staggering lol)

If you're in a state of emotional distress over something to do with you being gay and need someone to talk to, the last thing you want to have to do is first tell them you're gay.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

I can understand where people are coming from when they say don't let it solely define you. As in don't go around saying "hi i'm ____ and i'm gay" to everyone you ever meet. I don't think as humans it's healthy to live in a constant state of closetedness (?) though. I know when I first told my best friend that I was gay (the first person I told other then my then boyfriend) I immediately felt so, so much better. I think it's important to at least tell a few people really close to you so you know there's always someone there when you need it. (the number of times I've called my best friend in the middle of the night or just randomly dropped over to her house to talk about things is staggering lol)

If you're in a state of emotional distress over something to do with you being gay and need someone to talk to, the last thing you want to have to do is first tell them you're gay.

Exactly.
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

I wouldn't say that my gay defines me, but the people around define me as gay. For example, it's usually a friend who brings up, or makes a joke about my gayness in a conversation. But it's different for everyone, for some people it's very much a big thing about them, and they have every right to scream it to the world. Straight people flaunt all the time, like when a frat boy tells of his conquests and talks about chicks. r when a girl dresses femininely or wears erotic clothing.

But I can see why many people make it a big thing too, being gay makes you feel a little special, you are now a part of the gay community and culture, and you can just be as fabulous as you want.

I mean for me, it didn't massively matter, I just wanted to be able to tell my parents the truth as to why I didn't have a girlfriend.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cazoofoo wrote:

I wouldn't say that my gay defines me, but the people around define me as gay. For example, it's usually a friend who brings up, or makes a joke about my gayness in a conversation. But it's different for everyone, for some people it's very much a big thing about them, and they have every right to scream it to the world. Straight people flaunt all the time, like when a frat boy tells of his conquests and talks about chicks. r when a girl dresses femininely or wears erotic clothing.

But I can see why many people make it a big thing too, being gay makes you feel a little special, you are now a part of the gay community and culture, and you can just be as fabulous as you want.

I mean for me, it didn't massively matter, I just wanted to be able to tell my parents the truth as to why I didn't have a girlfriend.

I want to be able to do this, my grandma's even started to ask me why i haven't got one... Not Good!

By the way spike:

Posted on josh's wall :lol:
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Perseus ().

charliebi101 wrote:

I want to be able to do this, my grandma's even started to ask me why i haven't got one... Not Good!

love the awkward phone conversations I have with my Grandad.
      "H- Heey, *cough* Spike... *wheeze* have you got, Umm *cough*, a Young lady, *cough* ....Yet?"

"I'm not all that interested in girls Grandad."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahaha the eternally awkward "have you got a girlfriend yet?" questions... I'm seriously considering just saying "yes and his name is Owen" :lol:
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

cazoofoo wrote:

love the awkward phone conversations I have with my Grandad.
      "H- Heey, *cough* Spike... *wheeze* have you got, Umm *cough*, a Young lady, *cough* ....Yet?"

"I'm not all that interested in girls Grandad."

hahaha

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Bazinga! wrote:

Ahaha the eternally awkward "have you got a girlfriend yet?" questions... I'm seriously considering just saying "yes and his name is Owen" :lol:

ahaha Do it! I reckon if i had a bf then i might be more rapid in my attempt at telling mum lol. Then again, you would have thought playing the theme tune to shelter at top volume in my room might give them a clue
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Perseus ().

Knowing that if I ever find a woman attractive, I can never say so without seeming like I'm just joking around. I like play-flirting with my female friends, but I can't flirt around men because most take it as genuine flirting. And I can't play-flirt with girls without someone eventually asking me if I'm a lesbian or something (which I'm not). It just kind of sucks that my mom wants me to be able to talk to her, and my true sexuality is just something I never can.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HockeyFan;1062815419 wrote:

whatever dr phil

Umbvix wrote:

Knowing that if I ever find a woman attractive, I can never say so without seeming like I'm just joking around. I like play-flirting with my female friends, but I can't flirt around men because most take it as genuine flirting. And I can't play-flirt with girls without someone eventually asking me if I'm a lesbian or something (which I'm not). It just kind of sucks that my mom wants me to be able to talk to her, and my true sexuality is just something I never can.

:(
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]