Overweight Pride?

• Re: Overweight Pride?

MasterMayhem wrote:

And considering people in the military would be severely active, it seems rather stupid that they would use that.

You think the military doesn't have archaic standards or practices?
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

Vice wrote:

You think the military doesn't have archaic standards or practices?

Do I think the military doesn't have standards or practices marked by the characteristics of an earlier period?
      I think that if the military really bases a soldier's fitness off of BMI, as was previously stated, then they probably need to do a bit of updating. However, I don't involve myself much in the military's business, as I care very little for what they do. I am not aware of every little thing they do within their ranks, and was merely commenting on another person's statements of what the military does.

I don't mind '' overweight pride'' but I can't stand someone overweight telling me how disgusting I am because I am thin. I didn't choose my body type and it makes mad when someone tells me '' a girl with no meat on her bones is disgusting'' when I'm no annorexic or super skinny, i'm just thin because I work out and I do lots of sport. And I get those comments almost every months.

plax77 wrote:

Umm, we only use BMI if you don't meet the weight requirement THEN you don't meet the taping requirement... It's like a triple fail safe for muscly people

As far as I'm aware in the Aussie military BMI is just an easy system to look for potential issues. If your BMI is overweight or obese then nothing happens unless you then go on to fail a subsequent bodyfat test.

Tombgeek wrote:

BMI is not the most accurate way to determine your healthy weight. It doesn't take into account muscle mass and, at the time calculated, liquid and solid intake.
      One of the most accurate way to determine a healthy weight is just to measure your body fat percentage. If it is above 18%, then you can be considered chubby or overweight.

Small correction there. For males, your bodyfat percentage should be less than 18% with 2-5% as necessary fat. For females, necessary fat is between 10-12% and an 18% bodyfat is actually quite healthy on women.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

lol wtf how am I obese, normal weight at my height, at the minimum around 130lbs, holy shit thats rib cage skinny

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

ensy wrote:

last night at a concert i saw a fat girl wearing a really skimpy dress that i wouldn't even wear myself. my eyes :cries: for me it's not so much about looking perfect (though that would come as a bonus if you exercised) it's about being healthy and being physically fit. i once overheard 2 fat girls talking about eating 4 times a week at A&W, how the workers still don't get what they want :nono: seriously...

At my high school, senior year there was a fat freshman who would wear clothes that were so tight, her fat would hang over the straps or bulge out, took away my appetite every lunch.
      signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bec51e45284c
      One of the best games in history, completely FREE

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr. Smuggles ().

MasterMayhem wrote:

And considering people in the military would be severely active, it seems rather stupid that they would use that.

I was gonna use the military as an example. Got told in my final Army interview I had to watch my BMI, but I think it's a crock of shit. I'm just over 14 stone (91kg), but I'm 6 ft 2, so according to the BMI scale for my age group I'm classed as overweight. Find me a genuinely overweight person who can run as fast as I can and I'll give you a cookie.

There's nothing wrong with "chubby" people, a mate of mine describes some girls as "pleasantly plump" and tbf he's bang on, it suits some people, but if you're obese and calling yourself chubby; DENIAL.

They say haters gonna hate. I'm hating. Fat people piss me off. You get one shot at life, don't abuse your body.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]