Car Talk

• Re: Car Talk

Flynn wrote:

Lamborghini Aventador vs McLaren MP4-12C? Also, do you watch top gear uk?

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Which would you buy if you unlimited amount of money and only had these two for a choice?

You are awesome Flynn TT_TT Pure awesome.

I'd choose the Lamborghini in some situations as it has a V12 engine over the McLaren's V8, as well as bigger cylinders, so it would produce wads more usable horsepower than the McLaren. Though the McLaren has very high torque numbers, which generally mean faster acceleration. So I guess on a quarter-mile strip or a twisting course, I'd have to go with the McLaren, though in a kilometre long strip, the Lamborghini would be my first choice simply because it has more power.

Though if I had to buy one for all situations, I'd choose the Lamborghini simply because it's a chick-magnet.

And I do watch Top Gear sometimes, but its very rarely shown on Spike in Canada, so I dont get to see it often. And its on usually on daytime television, which makes it even harder to see -.-

I agree. The McLaren is lighter so it has a better power to weight ratio despite it being a v8. In fact, on the Top Gear test track is was just .3 seconds faster than the Aventador. So they are very close in performance.

Lamborghini is very slow in releasing new models. Their priorities in previous cars were, top speed first, acceleration second, and handling third. But in the Aventador they reversed the priorities. And even then, the Aventador's top speed is 217mph, faster than the Murcielago. Now imagine how good the handling is if the top speed was on the last of their priorities. IT GRIPS LIKE CRAZY! In fact, some people are even a bit dissapointed it's TOO GOOD, because they say it has lost the wild Lamborghini behaviors they are known for. And the looks? One of the best looking cars imo. I'm an aircraft enthusiast, and that thing has chiseled aircraft looking aerodynamic features. Looks amazing. I would probably go with the Lamborghini as well. They both are similar in performance characteristics, but the looks of the Aventador just do it for me.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Flynn wrote:

I agree. The McLaren is lighter so it has a better power to weight ratio despite it being a v8. In fact, on the Top Gear test track is was just .3 seconds faster than the Aventador. So they are very close in performance.

Lamborghini is very slow in releasing new models. Their priorities in previous cars were, top speed first, acceleration second, and handling third. But in the Aventador they reversed the priorities. And even then, the Aventador's top speed is 217mph, faster than the Murcielago. Now imagine how good the handling is if the top speed was on the last of their priorities. IT GRIPS LIKE CRAZY! In fact, some people are even a bit dissapointed it's TOO GOOD, because they say it has lost the wild Lamborghini behaviors they are known for. And the looks? One of the best looking cars imo. I'm an aircraft enthusiast, and that thing has chiseled aircraft looking aerodynamic features. Looks amazing. I would probably go with the Lamborghini as well. They both are similar in performance characteristics, but the looks of the Aventador just do it for me.

I see the only reason that the McLaren is faster is because the Top Gear course is was too damned curvy for my likes. In the end, things like McLarens and Lamborghini's scare the crap out of me because I feel that if I cant push a car to it's limits and still keep control over it, it is too powerful for me and therefore is just grimacing to me. Also, too much grip is really just simply annoying. The weight shifting in the car with a high-speed turn with perfect grip is just way off and does more harm to the car than good. The weight wouldnt even be in the front or back like a normal car, it'd be on the outside bend, which is just god awfuly bad for handling.

And the Lamborghini definetely does look good, when I looked at it for the first time, I looked at the hood and said "I see what you did there." If you look closely, you'll notice there is a very gentle yet robust V-shaped curve up the middle right over the grill. Normally, this would interfere with a car's aerodynamics, but instead, as its placed directly above the grill itself, it actually compliments it. Also fo the fact it looks just oh so damn futuristic.

elemein wrote:

I see the only reason that the McLaren is faster is because the Top Gear course is was too damned curvy for my likes. In the end, things like McLarens and Lamborghini's scare the crap out of me because I feel that if I cant push a car to it's limits and still keep control over it, it is too powerful for me and therefore is just grimacing to me. Also, too much grip is really just simply annoying. The weight shifting in the car with a high-speed turn with perfect grip is just way off and does more harm to the car than good. The weight wouldnt even be in the front or back like a normal car, it'd be on the outside bend, which is just god awfuly bad for handling.

And the Lamborghini definetely does look good, when I looked at it for the first time, I looked at the hood and said "I see what you did there." If you look closely, you'll notice there is a very gentle yet robust V-shaped curve up the middle right over the grill. Normally, this would interfere with a car's aerodynamics, but instead, as its placed directly above the grill itself, it actually compliments it. Also fo the fact it looks just oh so damn futuristic.

I see your point. I've never driven a proper super car so I wouldn't know the experience. But it's obviously dangerous and not as easy as it looks. I've always wondered, when would a super car be needed in the real world? A situation where it's absolutely necessary. Zombie apocalypse on an abandoned airport? Driving away from a tornado on a rural highway? Speeding from a people who want to kill you? lol idk. These things will probably never happen but I like to imagine these incredible machines being pushed to their limits on life and death situations.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

But Ironically, driving these cars increasing the risk of death.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Flynn wrote:

I see your point. I've never driven a proper super car so I wouldn't know the experience. But it's obviously dangerous and not as easy as it looks. I've always wondered, when would a super car be needed in the real world? A situation where it's absolutely necessary. Zombie apocalypse on an abandoned airport? Driving away from a tornado on a rural highway? Speeding from a people who want to kill you? lol idk. These things will probably never happen but I like to imagine these incredible machines being pushed to their limits on life and death situations.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

But Ironically, driving these cars increasing the risk of death.

I've never driven a proper supercar either, all it took was one day at the "course" "overnight" in a Mazda RX-8 (my dads old one) to find out that if a car overpowers you... Well. It's just a bad feeling I dont want to ever feel again, oddly enough, there is such a thing as "too much power" if you're going to be using that power. Its not even the feeling of losing control of a car and skidding a bit when you dont mean to, its the feeling that once you shift into 5th gear and you actually cannot control the car well after 4000 RPM do you realize "okay. This car is too much."

And you will be able to see the Lamborghini Aventador in "real life use" in the new Batman movie. Yep. He's be driving one. The new batmobile is the new lambo. I got excited when I heard about it.

Either way, there is no "real life" application unless its getting through Saskatchewan (the flattest area in all of Canada. You can literally see past the horizon for miles. Its totally boring after awhile.) at a reasonable time before losing your sanity.

Flynn wrote:

These tumblers were filmed about a week ago for the upcoming movie. Maybe the Aventador is comming out as Batman's personal car, rather than a tumbler.

Huuuh. Hrmmm. I only heard it... So I might have to look into it to explain it. :/ Maybe you're right. It'd make more sense if it were a tumbler since of the "batbikes" or whatever. Though I would have loved the lambo to be it : <

So after a little bit of weathering, lecturing, reading, learning, watching, experiencing, and well. A crap load else, after 2 years of loving the Acura Integra, my dream car has changed... :o

To:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

Isnt it beautiful? ;o Turbo'd Boxer 4-Cylinder Engine in All-Wheel drive, rally-transmission proven, reliability record spotless, super sleek, and a comfortable package all for 42,000. I personally am okay with a used car ;) So I see myself in this beauty realisticly.

That specific car in the picture isnt the most modern STi, and it almost looks like a 2.5 RS. But gosh. It's beautiful.

On a side note, I want to revive this thread :D

What is everyone else favourite car? Questions? Experiences? Etc. I'm dying for some car talk and the other car forums are either too inactive or cliched.

The post was edited 1 time, last by elemein ().