Tennis is the best sport (really i back it up with facts inside)

• Re: Tennis is the best sport (really i back it up with facts inside)

lazyday wrote:

typically boxing fights last longer on average than MMA

duh

MMA fighter > Boxer
      Therefore MMA > Boxing.

Also, boxing fights last more because they :
      1) Have a larger round number.
      2) Limit their fighters to using only their pillow-gloved hands.

MMA is more excitin than boxing, since it's shorter thus more action packed.

Now please gtfo.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Knitler wrote:

American football actually takes skill and is much more athletic than Tennis.
      Also, boxing is nothing like the Rocky movies.

Boxin is still a pretty good sport.
      Hello JC - Cade

In terms of conditioning, hockey players are more than definitely number 1. Take everything the typical athletes in tennis, soccer, football, etc have to do. Now imagine having to do that on ice.

It's also a tremendously fun sport to watch as long as you're not a retard.

-Hockey: I've always been been interested, It's one of the few sports I enjoy watching and the few times I've played have liked and been good at. Sadly Texans aren't into hockey as much as they are up north.
      -Nascar: I like the sound of cars and near crash mishaps, but the tracks are too boring. I would prefer F1. BTW I'd like to see the movie Senna.
      -Tennis: Almost as boring as golf.
      -Football: I only watch the Superbowl.

Hockey: My country's national known sport, played it, grew up with it, all I did in the winter, played it on the street, literally was a big part of my life. Is the ULTIMATE sport; combines skill, athleticism, speed, fighting, etc. etc. anything and everything, all on ice!
      Nascar: Is entertaining for a few minutes till I notice they're just looping around and around and around and... you get the point. I wouldnt mind some real good stock racing with some crazy ass courses : >
      Football: I play it sometimes, I dont get much enjoyment out of watching it. It is what it is.
      Tennis: No thanks. Move left to right to hit a ball back and forth? I'd rather watch volleyball, the woman are more attractive there : >
      MMA Fighting : Love it, action packed, and some say its "inhumane how two monsters are thrown in a cage to fight eachother", well, they're paid for it and they want to do it, so if I somehow am entertained by it, so be it. It's pretty damn intriguing.
      Boxing : Only fun in critical moments, otherwise, is boring as watching grass grow.

Number Juan wrote:

MMA fighter > Boxer
      Therefore MMA > Boxing.

Also, boxing fights last more because they :
      1) Have a larger round number.
      2) Limit their fighters to using only their pillow-gloved hands.

MMA is more excitin than boxing, since it's shorter thus more action packed.

Now please gtfo.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Boxin is still a pretty good sport.

Oh yeah, I never denied that. Roy Jones Jr., pahlease, he's a boss. But I think MMA is better.

I wouldn't say ALL other sports suck ass (I'm beginning to like golf more and more), but....I definitely prefer tennis above any other. Mainly because it's non-contact.

It's by far the most underappreciated sport too. You never see tennis come up in conversations or headlines as much as you do with baseball, football, and basketball (all three of which I admit bore the hell out of me).
      If you smacked a kid with a bottle of 'Johnson's No More Tears', wouldn't it create beautiful irony?

Golf is fun, but not all that difficult. The "practice makes perfect" idea applies in golf more than anything else, since it is essentially a muscle-memory game once you understand a few things about the swing.

I couldn't agree anymore on the lines of hockey, I can get more tired in one 45 second shift in hockey than I would in an entire baseball or football game. Basketball, on the other hand is tiring but it bores the hell out of me. It is inevitable that baskets will be scored, and the last 2 minutes is the only entertaining part out of the whole game.

MMA almost isn't a sport. Its like a way of life. Those athletes spend years perfecting their art, and literally eat, sleep, and breathe MMA. Every part of their body is a lethal weapon making MMA fights exhilarating. Boxing on the other hand.. long, boring, a few good hits.. blah blah blah..

Hockey ftw? Yes!
      "Someone told me sleep was the cousin of death and followin the dollar finds nothin but stress"