Rebecca Black - My Moment

• Re: Rebecca Black - My Moment

My two cents:

Friday
      was horrible; there's no doubt about it. However, I think My Moment is a step in the right direction for Rebecca Black. Firstly, it has semi-decent lyrics, unlike Friday. Secondly, she's not relying on autotune as much. She is showing potential with this song, but she's just not quite there yet. All Rebecca Black needs is a professional voice coach and she's sorted. She has potential; she just had a terrible start to her career.

Tombgeek wrote:

My two cents:

Friday
      was horrible; there's no doubt about it. However, I think My Moment is a step in the right direction for Rebecca Black. Firstly, it has semi-decent lyrics, unlike Friday. Secondly, she's not relying on autotune as much. She is showing potential with this song, but she's just not quite there yet. All Rebecca Black needs is a professional voice coach and she's sorted. She has potential; she just had a terrible start to her career.

My two cents: you're out of your mind. This shit sucks, whereas Friday was actually awesome and catchy if you listened to it enough times. Who cares if she used auto-tune? T-pain uses auto tune and look how far he's made it. Her song was actually different and people could relate to it. Friday was the song that set her apart and got her recognition, but with this song it seems like she's trying to blend in now with all the other artists. This will only get people to forget her.

I'm hoping Rebecca black doesn't turn out to be one of those One-Hit-Wonders.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

jerry wrote:

My two cents: you're out of your mind.

Because...why? Of a personal opinion?

jerry wrote:

This shit sucks, whereas Friday was actually awesome and catchy if you listened to it enough times.

Okay, fine, if you like it, that's great. I never said you couldn't. However, I think your comment of "if you listened to it enough times" needs to be addressed. A good song is supposed to grab your attention the first time you listen to it. If it doesn't, then it failed. I don't have time to listen to a song over and over until I become used to it.

In terms of the rhythm and tone of Friday, it's a catchy song. I'm not denying that. However, the lyrics just don't do it for me. I don't want to be reminded that the day before Friday is Thursday and the day after is Saturday. The lyrics were poorly written and lack any deeper meaning, tone or messages other than the fact it's Friday.

jerry wrote:

Who cares if she used auto-tune? T-pain uses auto tune and look how far he's made it.

But I think there is a vast difference between artists who use auto-tune as a key factor in their performances and people who are just too lazy to sing properly. Most musical legends did it the hard way; I don't see why these so-called "stars" can't do it either.

T-pain and Owl City use auto-tune as a primary factor of the vocals. That's what brings the appeal to their music. However, in the case of Rebecca Black and most mainstream pop artists, they use auto-tune to correct faults in their voice instead of addressing those problems. To me, it's pure laziness and I have little time for lazy artists. I want artists who can sing, not those who think they can sing.

I said Rebecca Black has potential. She does have the voice, she just needs a professional to train her to sing properly. I'd rather listen to Rebecca Black than, say, Kesha.

jerry wrote:

Her song was actually different and people could relate to it.

I can understand her reasoning for choosing to perform Friday. Yes, it is different, fun and innocent. And I get that. However, I don't think people can "relate" to it per se. It's a song about a day of the week, not about a human struggle.

jerry wrote:

Friday was the song that set her apart and got her recognition, but with this song it seems like she's trying to blend in now with all the other artists. This will only get people to forget her.

And that's a bad thing? The thing about the entertainment industry -- be it music, videogames, art, film and even literature -- is that you take the things other artists do well and add your own spin to it. That's how entertainment evolves.

jerry wrote:

I'm hoping Rebecca black doesn't turn out to be one of those One-Hit-Wonders.

She's a zero-hit wonder.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Welsh Prophets are Lost wrote:

You're telling me the single most watched video on Youtube (taken down now) is not a hit?

When it starts saturating the airwaves, I'll consider it a hit.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.