Can't stand girls these days

• Can't stand girls these days

Does anyone else feel this way? I find so many girls my age self obsessed and acting ever more like men. A large portion of girls in my school, easily equalling that of the boys, care about getting pissed more than anything and that's something that doesn't come across as feminine to me.
      The whoring for compliments, the duck face expressions they always pull in pictures, the orange skin, the way they're all starting to act like one another - I just can't stand it.
      Now before it's inevitably said, no I'm not saying all girls are like this. However I am saying that it's a growing trend.
    • Re: Can't stand girls these days

You have an outdated idea of femininity. If you were very "masculine" yourself you wouldn't be bitching on an online forum. This is you: "Like, OMG GIRLZ R SO DUM I DON GET THEM THEY DO WEIRD THINGS OMGWTFBBQ?!"

My point is this, the idea of differing expectations for the opposite sexes is simply a social construct that evolves and changes as society does. If people just being themselves and doing little things like that irritate you when they in no way affect you it shows that you're a petulant individual with a lot of maturing to do. No offense.
      [CENTER]
      Loistre Danz....[/CENTER]

No1sPerfect wrote:

Does anyone else feel this way? I find so many girls my age self obsessed and acting ever more like men. A large portion of girls in my school, easily equalling that of the boys, care about getting pissed more than anything and that's something that doesn't come across as feminine to me.
      The whoring for compliments, the duck face expressions they always pull in pictures, the orange skin, the way they're all starting to act like one another - I just can't stand it.
      Now before it's inevitably said, no I'm not saying all girls are like this. However I am saying that it's a growing trend.

Dude, where have you been? Girls have been pulling this shit for a long time. I still am confused about the duck face trend. It's not attractive. xD And tanning is just disgusting. (Coming from some pasty chick).

But what's so wrong with acting a little more masculine sometimes? My traits in general are more masculine than feminine. I'm assuming by "getting pissed" you mean getting drunk, and that's not new either.

So really, I don't know where you've been, but this kind of shit has been happening since I was in Jr. High (that I noticed) and the tanning and getting wasted thing has been happening for even long than that, I'd wager.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HockeyFan;1062815419 wrote:

whatever dr phil

You have an outdated idea of femininity. If you were very "masculine" yourself you wouldn't be bitching on an online forum. This is you: "Like, OMG GIRLZ R SO DUM I DON GET THEM THEY DO WEIRD THINGS OMGWTFBBQ?!"

oooouuuch, so hostile. So he has a different view on women. So? In your defense, though, I think we should accept these things, whether we like it or not. Femininity is not a think set in stone, it is only a perception, an idea.

Asher wrote:

oooouuuch, so hostile. So he has a different view on women. So? In your defense, though, I think we should accept these things, whether we like it or not. Femininity is not a think set in stone, it is only a perception, an idea.

*shrug* wasn't my intention, just making a point.

Also, I agree.
      [CENTER]
      Loistre Danz....[/CENTER]

Cookie wrote:

My point is this, the idea of differing expectations for the opposite sexes is simply a social construct that evolves and changes as society does. If people just being themselves and doing little things like that irritate you when they in no way affect you it shows that you're a petulant individual with a lot of maturing to do. No offense.

someone's getting defensive.

animegirl33b wrote:

I find it ironic that your user name is no ones perfect. Nobody is. Yeah, they make themselves look like idiots, but we all kinda do that one way or another.

How's it ironic? I just 'borrowed' the name anyway because I cba to think of a good one

The post was edited 1 time, last by No1sPerfect ().

Hi, I like cheesecake.

My point being, people will always do what they think will make them look best to other people, even if that's not necessarily what really makes them look good. One person's perspective of "this is feminine" or "this is masculine" or "this makes me look good" is usually miles away from another persons views on those stages- so girls only join the trend because they see that girls like that get far in some way they wish they were further in. Also, girls will sometime go with trends so they dont seem out of place.

Unlike cheesecake, which is ALWAYS a trend, and EVERYONE KNOWS its FCKING AMAZING.

No1sPerfect wrote:

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik3IL0OAjXk']‪Duckface Vrant‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:p

The one that really annoys me though, is when everyone I know posts pics with the caption "omg I'm so ugly" so all their friends will tell them "noo wayy! You're gorgeooouuus!" then they argue over who's prettier. :rolleyes:

meg.loomis wrote:

‪Duckface Vrant‬‏ - YouTube

The one that really annoys me though, is when everyone I know posts pics with the caption "omg I'm so ugly" so all their friends will tell them "noo wayy! You're gorgeooouuus!" then they argue over who's prettier. :rolleyes:

:love1::love1::love1::love1::love1::love1:
      [CENTER]call it sickness, call it obsession. call it madness, i don't care, i still call it perfection.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

No1sPerfect wrote:

I too frown upon allot of the behaviours exhibited by young girls these days. The attitude allot of them show to their lives and to the world is wholly undesirable, and not the way any person, male or female, should be thinking about life. However, for you to say they seem to be acting more like men is rather peculiar, as a significantly greater percentage of girls do, and indeed always have done, posses more of the personality traits listed than us boys. Also, you seem to be under the assumption that these young women have an obligation to behave in a way you consider feminine. This is simply ridiculous. Women should not have to behave any differently to men, indeed as long as they do not infringe the safety of others they should be free to behave how they wish. Being feminine means nothing, as people of both genders should have the same standards by which their behaviour is to be judged. However, that said, alot of the behaviour of all young people is unacceptable, more so that of the girls.

I really don't like this "girl trend." I don't blame girls, I blame society. Guys, it's just the world we live in. Hostility, sexism/racism, all about looks and money, corruption, and sex. It's sad, but this is society.
      [LEFT]I LOVE JESUS AND I'M HAPPY! :)[/LEFT]

The one that really annoys me though, is when everyone I know posts pics with the caption "omg I'm so ugly" so all their friends will tell them "noo wayy! You're gorgeooouuus!" then they argue over who's prettier. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Agree lol . What we do i mean girl do is try to be the best noone want to be ugly or stupid but maybe the way they chose it and the way you guys look at it different that all. but i do Agree about the jealouses between girls it is horrible .
      [SIZE=1][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]twitter.com/#!/catherine_luu[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]www.catherineluu.com [/SIZE]