how to tell my parents im pregnant

• how to tell my parents im pregnant

hey im 16 years old and pregnant ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years and a few weeks ago i found out i was pregnant im 3 months this week and his parents know and are surportive, but i dont think mine will be somehow does anyone have any suggestions how to tell them please thanks :)
    • Re: how to tell my parents im pregnant

Pregnancy isn't something you can tip toe around like grades or asking for a later curfew, its going to be blunt and surprising no matter how you say it, so I suggest you just come out and say it. "Mom, dad, I'm pregnant." Before you tell them, try to make sure you have a plan in mind so they can see that you're somewhat prepared and you've given this thought. By plan, I mean if you're keeping it, adoption, how you're going to help pay for it, what you're going to do in terms of school, etc.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

Pregnancy isn't something you can tip toe around like grades or asking for a later curfew, its going to be blunt and surprising no matter how you say it, so I suggest you just come out and say it. "Mom, dad, I'm pregnant." Before you tell them, try to make sure you have a plan in mind so they can see that you're somewhat prepared and you've given this thought. By plan, I mean if you're keeping it, adoption, how you're going to help pay for it, what you're going to do in terms of school, etc.

i have a plan in mind i know im keeping the baby its my responsablity and i need to face it and school will have to stop im guessing i just dont know what my parents will say or if they throw me out.

beckyboo1234 wrote:

i have a plan in mind i know im keeping the baby its my responsablity and i need to face it and school will have to stop im guessing i just dont know what my parents will say or if they throw me out.

Well those aren't two things that you can really predict and no one can answer. You'll just have to tell them and hope for the best.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Ei3 wrote:

you're only 16, did you seriously think about this before deciding you should keep it? i really think you should go for adoption because you're so young and this will reallyyyy mess up your life.

as for telling them, just come out and say it. sit them down and tell them straight up.

yh i did think serouisly about the baby and ill do anything to suport it i dont see adoption as a choice i know id never be able to let go when the babys born

beckyboo1234 wrote:

yh i did think serouisly about the baby and ill do anything to suport it i dont see adoption as a choice i know id never be able to let go when the babys born

You can set it up so you can keep an eye on the baby. It's probably best for it anyway, I mean,my best friend Thomas was put up for adoption after he was born and he turned out a lot better than if he wasn't.

Gryphen wrote:

You can set it up so you can keep an eye on the baby. It's probably best for it anyway, I mean,my best friend Thomas was put up for adoption after he was born and he turned out a lot better than if he wasn't.

i know it might be best but some how i dont think i can do that still part off me and people may think im selfish for it when other people who cant have children could look after the baby but its my responsablity im confused

beckyboo1234 wrote:

beckyboo1234 wrote:

Okay with these two statements they contradict one another. You say you'll have to stop school but how do you expect to have responsibility for your child if you have no education and no job to support your child? You're sixteen. I'm not trying to tell you what to do because ultimately it's your choice, but part of being a mother is being selfless. Think about what is best for your child.

Sami wrote:

Okay with these two statements they contradict one another. You say you'll have to stop school but how do you expect to have responsibility for your child if you have no education and no job to support your child? You're sixteen. I'm not trying to tell you what to do because ultimately it's your choice, but part of being a mother is being selfless. Think about what is best for your child.

No giving the baby up is best there's ways of getting around it It's not like the baby wasn't plannned

Go up to them and say ""I heard that there's going to be two new grandparents on the block".

No, but on the serious side, you just need to gather up the courage, sit them down, and bluntly tell him. That's really all you can do, other than holding off and prolonging those few words (which I think will only make the situation even more tense and nerve-wracking for both you and your parents). They should love you no matter what and be there for you.
      If you smacked a kid with a bottle of 'Johnson's No More Tears', wouldn't it create beautiful irony?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt93 ().

Matt93 wrote:

Go up to them and say ""I heard that there's going to be two new grandparents on the block".

No, but on the serious side, you just need to gather up the courage, sit them down, and bluntly tell him. That's really all you can do, other than holding off and prolonging those few words (which I think will only make the situation even more tense and nerve-wracking for both you and your parents). They should love you no matter what and be there for you.

Thanks that's what where gonna do today

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Gryphen wrote:

Abortion can be horribly damaging to the mother, mentally and physically, don't just throw that idea around. Taking serious things lightly might make people think less of you. :nono:

There's no way I'm aborting I'm keeping the baby I have my heart set on it now

First off, congratulations :) It's good that you've decided to keep it and I wish you the best of luck!

As for telling your parents, it's best to do it sooner rather than later. The longer you leave it, the more obvious it's going to become, and if they work it out for themselves before you tell them, they might feel betrayed that you kept it from them.

Just tell them. There's no easy way around it. They might be shocked and angry at first, but give them space and time to cool down. They should get used to the idea, after all, its a baby! Everyone loves babies.

Good luck :)

Gryphen wrote:

Abortion can be horribly damaging to the mother, mentally and physically, don't just throw that idea around. Taking serious things lightly might make people think less of you. :nono:

lol everyone acts like an abortion is a big deal
      its nothing and can be done in like an hour without hardly any pain or side efects

i know a chick that had 3