New season of Arrested Development + Movie confirmed

• Re: New season of Arrested Development + Movie confirmed

I hope they can keep the quality though. I would be happy with a movie and leave it at that, but if they think they can keep the quality then another season would be awesome. I don't really like the idea of main characters not being available for all of it. GOB is my favourite character; it would suck if he was only in it for an episode or two, though from the tweets they quoted, sounds like that might not be a problem.

Here's hoping!

"4 more years! 4 more years..."
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Apparently the season might just have one main character per episode as a "where they are now thing". Filming a season, even if it's only 10 episodes can take a long time and a lot of the actors are busy as hell. Will Arnett even has a whole other show. I'm thinking it'll just be a little web series to hype for the movie.

I'm not sure what they mean with a "one character per episode" formula. They're going to need all the other characters. I guess they'll all have minor roles? What makes the show so great is how they interact with each other.

The web series does sound likely though. A lot cheaper and the fans will still watch it.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

DamnImGood wrote:

I'm not sure what they mean with a "one character per episode" formula. They're going to need all the other characters. I guess they'll all have minor roles? What makes the show so great is how they interact with each other.

The web series does sound likely though. A lot cheaper and the fans will still watch it.

I think the idea is that they're focussing on one character per episode with an idea to setting them up with a situation that would force them together for the potential film to end the series, ergo having them initially separate and then pushed back into the old familiar family setting. It makes sense since they are all older, and they'll have to somehow explain the time gap between the last series and the new one.

I'm sceptical though, I don't know entirely how likely it is for this plan to come to fruition, though I'd like to see it happen.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

I get that, I just don't see how "focusing on one character" will make good TV. I picture it as webisodes like what they did with BSG; they made 10 2-3 minute clips of some characters between seasons to give back story. So I guess they could do something similar with this, but to make it a full-length 22 minute episode I think would be stretching it. That is, of course, if they can't get the other actors to play major roles in these episodes.

I'm just really paranoid; the show is perfect and I'd like it to stay that way.
      - George Carlin

Butthurt Burt wrote:

Apparently they're planning to shoot the season and the movie at the same time this summer, and it's in the works to air on Netflix and Showtime.

I don't even care if the new season and movie suck, it's not gonna hurt the series original run.

BUT IT WON'T BE PERFECT

And Showtime? That seems odd. I guess FOX hasn't realized the show has a following. Also, I hope they don't swear. In both the new season and the movie. The beeping out of the swearing was what made it so funny. Watching the extended version of the pilot versus the original one, the original is so much better without the swearing.

I also hope the movie has the traditional "Now the story of a wealthy family..." intro and that's it. No other intro credits or added crap. Put all that at the end, where I also hope there's a "on the epilogue" or something like that.
      - George Carlin