Are you religious?

• James_is_Grounded wrote:

If my knees aren't red and sore after kneeling to pray and worship then i didn't do it hard enough or long enough. So then i get back on my knees until they are sore and red
      And you think your god is impressed by this redness and soreness? Does it get you bonus points?
      Has someone guilted you into this belief or is it just to show how pious you are to others?

curious as to why you feel this need
    • miriam wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

If my knees aren't red and sore after kneeling to pray and worship then i didn't do it hard enough or long enough. So then i get back on my knees until they are sore and red
      And you think your god is impressed by this redness and soreness? Does it get you bonus points?Has someone guilted you into this belief or is it just to show how pious you are to others?

Well there are 4 reasons for it

1. I'm a bad boy. When i am repenting for my sins i feel the need to kneel for that. I feel like i need some sort of punishment and when repenting there should be some level of pain or discomfort

2. I believe in Heaven i'll be kneeling or lying face down on the floor before God at his throne worshipping him. So with that belief it makes sense for me to be getting practice at it ready for my eternity of it

3. Worshipping God has become my number 1 priority and i feel so good when i am doing it. I don't know if God is pleased with me or not, i hope so, but all i know is it feels right to me and now i am considering becoming a monk as then i can properly devote my life to God and worship him properly. I have had this thought about being a monk for a while now. I already stayed at a monastery for a week back in September last year to try it out and i liked it and i will book to go back again soon and for 2 weeks next time. Monks spend a lot of time on their knees or prostrating on the floor.
      As a teen boy i, naturally, have/had a bunch of hobbies most boys have like gaming, football, cars, girls. As i went from a young teen to an older teen i realized i am left unsatisfied and empty by all of it. Only worshipping God makes me feel good and i think its my proper purpose to keep on doing this. The more i do it the better it is

4. I hope maybe i am reducing the danger of getting punishment in hell. I don't assume i am saved from this punishment just for believing and worshipping. Some believers are sure they are saved but i am not one of them. I am aware i could still be punished despite my belief and worship to God but i hope i am giving myself a better chance not to be.

I don't do it to show people how pious i am. Half the time i do it alone in my bedroom at home and the other half i kneel quietly in the pews at the back of the church. I only talk about it here as its a thread about religion so i am honest about it. But if any other teen here is inspired by what i say and decided to give God a go then i am happy if they did

miriam wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

And you think your god is impressed by this redness and soreness? Does it get you bonus points?Has someone guilted you into this belief or is it just to show how pious you are to others?
      1. I'm a bad boy. When i am repenting for my sins i feel the need to kneel for that. I feel like i need some sort of punishment and when repenting there should be some level of pain or discomfort

2. I believe in Heaven i'll be kneeling or lying face down on the floor before God at his throne worshipping him. So with that belief it makes sense for me to be getting practice at it ready for my eternity of it

3. Worshipping God has become my number 1 priority and i feel so good when i am doing it. I don't know if God is pleased with me or not, i hope so, but all i know is it feels right to me and now i am considering becoming a monk as then i can properly devote my life to God and worship him properly. I have had this thought about being a monk for a while now. I already stayed at a monastery for a week back in September last year to try it out and i liked it and i will book to go back again soon and for 2 weeks next time. Monks spend a lot of time on their knees or prostrating on the floor.
      As a teen boy i, naturally, have/had a bunch of hobbies most boys have like gaming, football, cars, girls. As i went from a young teen to an older teen i realized i am left unsatisfied and empty by all of it. Only worshipping God makes me feel good and i think its my proper purpose to keep on doing this. The more i do it the better it is

4. I hope maybe i am reducing the danger of getting punishment in hell. I don't assume i am saved from this punishment just for believing and worshipping. Some believers are sure they are saved but i am not one of them. I am aware i could still be punished despite my belief and worship to God but i hope i am giving myself a better chance not to be.

I don't do it to show people how pious i am. Half the time i do it alone in my bedroom at home and the other half i kneel quietly in the pews at the back of the church. I only talk about it here as its a thread about religion so i am honest about it. But if any other teen here is inspired by what i say and decided to give God a go then i am happy if they did
      All unnecessary and misguided and just for your own benefit and appearance to others

miriam wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

I dont think it's necessary to get your knees red and sore to prove anything. Your actions do. How you behave, especially with others, prove what you're worth. Hurting yourself doesn't
    • Hawks wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

miriam wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

And you think your god is impressed by this redness and soreness? Does it get you bonus points?Has someone guilted you into this belief or is it just to show how pious you are to others?curious as to why you feel this need
      Well there are 4 reasons for it1. I'm a bad boy. When i am repenting for my sins i feel the need to kneel for that. I feel like i need some sort of punishment and when repenting there should be some level of pain or discomfort

I dont think it's necessary to get your knees red and sore to prove anything. Your actions do. How you behave, especially with others, prove what you're worth. Hurting yourself doesn't
      exactly, no scripture requires this
      It’s showing off, like the Muslim fundamentalists who bang their head on the ground when down on the floor praying to show how committed they are - you’ll see they have a bruise in the middle of their forehead - the Al Qaeda leaders would have it, it’s all for show and usually identified a crazy dangerous person
    • miriam wrote:

Hawks wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

miriam wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

And you think your god is impressed by this redness and soreness? Does it get you bonus points?Has someone guilted you into this belief or is it just to show how pious you are to others?curious as to why you feel this need
      Well there are 4 reasons for it1. I'm a bad boy. When i am repenting for my sins i feel the need to kneel for that. I feel like i need some sort of punishment and when repenting there should be some level of pain or discomfort

exactly, no scripture requires thisIt’s showing off, like the Muslim fundamentalists who bang their head on the ground when down on the floor praying to show how committed they are - you’ll see they have a bruise in the middle of their forehead - the Al Qaeda leaders would have it, it’s all for show and usually identified a crazy dangerous person

miriam wrote:

Hawks wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

miriam wrote:

exactly, no scripture requires thisIt’s showing off, like the Muslim fundamentalists who bang their head on the ground when down on the floor praying to show how committed they are - you’ll see they have a bruise in the middle of their forehead - the Al Qaeda leaders would have it, it’s all for show and usually identified a crazy dangerous person
      Well i'll be locked up in a private monastery. No showing off and if i am a crazy dangerous person its ok because i caged myself in a monastery

miriam wrote:

Hawks wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

miriam wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

Well there are 4 reasons for it1. I'm a bad boy. When i am repenting for my sins i feel the need to kneel for that. I feel like i need some sort of punishment and when repenting there should be some level of pain or discomfort2. I believe in Heaven i'll be kneeling or lying face down on the floor before God at his throne worshipping him. So with that belief it makes sense for me to be getting practice at it ready for my eternity of it

miriam wrote:

Hawks wrote:

James_is_Grounded wrote:

miriam wrote:

Well there are 4 reasons for it1. I'm a bad boy. When i am repenting for my sins i feel the need to kneel for that. I feel like i need some sort of punishment and when repenting there should be some level of pain or discomfort2. I believe in Heaven i'll be kneeling or lying face down on the floor before God at his throne worshipping him. So with that belief it makes sense for me to be getting practice at it ready for my eternity of it

Well i'll be locked up in a private monastery. No showing off and if i am a crazy dangerous person its ok because i caged myself in a monastery
      yessssssss vent that incel rage