Snowboarding? help!!!

• Re: Snowboarding? help!!!

Jaspersmith wrote:

Yes but aren't you in Canada? I think it may be different there then in America.. I think I don't know I just moved here

not that i would know of
      as was stated,
      boarders tend to be a little more friendly than skiers, but not all the time
      but as far as punishment on the body due to either sport
      depends on the person
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Redlaser21 wrote:

Most kids who start skiing spend like 3 weeks just doing pizza down the hill in snowboarding they are making turns and having fun their first day (at least in my experience)

Most snowboarders sit on their ass right under the knoll, so you Never see them. Besides that, most of them also slide dow every hill sideways, removing fresh snow, groomed snow, leaving nothing but the ice underneath. Have you ever taught anybody how to shred? No, you obviously haven't. I teach how to ski, and they definitely have fun on their first day.

If it was not for snowboarding stuff like winter x and winter dew tour would not exist because snowboarding is where park started.
      This is both something that can be debated, but also accepted. Freestyle skiing has existed before snowboarding, both on groomed, moguls, and in the big mountain. Snowboard parks started to pop up in the late 80's on mountains that allowed snowboarding. The first twin tip ski was designed and sold in 1998. While they may have pushed for the new school style of freestyle, skiing has taken it, and pushed it much farther than snowboarding could ever aspire to.

snowboarding is faster to learn and less painful (again my experience)
      That depends on the person. I've seen bad crashes with snowboarders who injure themselves, and bad crashed with skiers where they walk out with not even a bruise because of ski bindings.

Skiers around here are dicks while snowboarders are pretty chill
      :nono:
      It depends where you ride. Everywhere I ride, most skiers are rather polite, while its the snowboarders that completely chop up pow, go piss in the glades, make a mess and act like dicks.

most skiers wills see a kid struggling and just pass by a good snowboarder wills stop and help another snowboarder having trouble
      Jesus christ you're an idiot. You're beyond idiot. Like I've previously said, this depends where you ride. I've seen both snowboarders and skiers help people out. In this case, it isn't "skier or snowboarder", it's the person themselves.

jumping on a board is easier to learn and master
      You said this like, 3 lines ago.

switch on a board is not "riding backwards" and after a while feels the same as riding with your strong foot forward while on ski's switch is completely different and way more dangerous.
      Riding switch as a skier has the awe factor that you can never achieve as a snowboarder. Riding switch is just as safe as going forwards as long as you know how.

all skiers look the same doing tricks. there is no style (except Alex Schlopy)
      Then all snowboarders look the same except for Shaun White. You're an idiot. You recognize snowboard style because you snowboard, I recognize ski style because I ski.

snowboard boots are years more comfortable and don't dig into your ankles
      Yes, but you have more control with ski boots.

nowboarding wont kick you out as early as skiing. my parents skied for years but had to stop about mid 40's while there are 70 year olds that snowboard
      I've seen elderly skiers and snowboarders. Your point is moot.

and boarding is growing way faster than skiing
      Boarding used to grow much faster than skiing, the trend is reversing. Don't forget that skiers are miles ahead in freestyle.

Hipster wrote:

Have you ever taught anybody how to shred? No, you obviously haven't. I teach how to ski, and they definitely have fun on their first day.

ACTUALLY good sir hahaha whether or not we will agree on this debate ever is pointless (BTW Shaun Whites style is disgusting someone like Halldor Helgason or Torstein Horgmo and Eric Willet is REAL style not Shaun's robotic bullshit)
      However I DO teach kids to ride hell its my job I'm a snowboard instructor. We will never really agree on this debate because it is a matter of opinion.
      Snowboard every damn day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A ski instructor told me it like this: snowboarding is harder to pick up, but when you have it, you have it. Skiing is easier to pick up but harder to master. Don't dig your toes in when you are facing down the hill,and don't dig your heels in when you are facing up the hill. Stick to the buny hill until you get an idea of where you're going. DO NOT take jumps your first time. Figure out whether you're goofy or regular(which leg you lead with and which leg you lean on; your back leg does most of the controlling)

You will fall over. Might try a helmet your first couple times.