is God evil?

• is God evil?

if God is everything, wouldn't he be just as evil as he is supposedly good?

another question- If God is perfect then what need does he have for us? wouldn't he be perfectly content in just being perfectly perfect?

just something to ponder.

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] I do not believe in God, because I believe in man. [/CENTER]
    • Re: is God evil?

I have a theory that, if God exists, He was bored and decided to create something then torture and screw with it.

And that He really is the devil, but He pretends the devil is a separate, evil spirit just for kicks.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

Sasha Vassily wrote:

You just won yourself a first class ticket to hell. God is really egoistic, he doesn't like others to reveal his perverted little secret. :lolz:
      Baptists tell me I'm going to heaven no matter what, so I'll just continue theorizing. :cool:

Sasha Vassily wrote:

Evil is a very vague and mutating term, to understand it better, listen to the speech of American president. The people who created god are the same as those who created evil, so evil would always be relative to god for that god is never evil, whatever harm he does. If god is a sadistic maniac, he can't be evil for them because sadism and torture will stop being evil if it is done by god. I hope you get what I mean, I'll clarify with examples if not.

Actually, yeah that makes a lot of sense.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] I do not believe in God, because I believe in man. [/CENTER]

Sasha Vassily wrote:

Make sure you edit/delete the posts. If god comes across TH looking for 'praises', he isn't going to be too happy with you. He'll say "Its been a mistake Rorei is here, throw him to hell'. God likes torture, bloodshed and violence, all for his 'cause'.

Theorizing or Hell... Theorizing or Hell...

This is a predicament. :cries:

*GASP* Maybe dilemmas are another one of God's torture techniques. =o

Rorei wrote:

I have a theory that, if God exists, He was bored and decided to create something then torture and screw with it.

And that He really is the devil, but He pretends the devil is a separate, evil spirit just for kicks.

Lol..he likes making people angry for his little perks.:(
      [LEFT]I’m psychotic synchypnotic
      I got my blue burners and phonic
      I’m psychotic synchypnotic
      I got my brand electronic [/LEFT]

I wouldn't mess with God :p

Pickthal 22:19-22 - " But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads, Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron. Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning.]

JK :D

I've been saying it for years that the illogical god is a blood thirsty demon.

Still no lightning bolt has come my way...
      [SIZE="1"]Ex Scientia Vera.[/SIZE]

Lol check this out although the following YouTube clip is a humorous skit which satirizes the "worship-me-or-die" mindset within evangelical Christianity, I feel that this parody could be equally applicable for Islam; being that both Islam and Christianity are proselytizing religions (with the gods of both religions being essentially bullys). The title of the video is "Kissing Hank's @ss" Enjoy! :lol:
      YouTube - Kissing Hank's Ass

Sara wrote:

mm..Why do you think god is evil !!??!?
      I think he's just perfectly A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, just live with it.
      Sara<3

Because god loves slavery:

Deuteronomy 20:10-15 – When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Because god is sexist.

Because god demands murder:

Exodus 35:2 – " For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 – "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid."

Leviticus 20:13 – "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

The following verse is absurd because it shows that God is the willful author of a massive, world-wide Holocaust:

Genesis 6:6-7 - "The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.""

Because god massacres millions of children.

God is an evil twisted blood thirsy demon.

-FF[SIZE=+2]
      [/SIZE]

if there was no evil, there would be nothing becuase good cannot exist without evil. Just because evil exists in the world does not mean He is evil.

Let's go with the assumption that He is evil. Why does he allow us to experience joy? Why does sex feel good? why does food taste good? why do you have fun with your friends? If there was an evil person who had a group under his control, do you really think that the evil person would allow so much pleasure?

Phuck Buddy wrote:

if there was no evil, there would be nothing becuase good cannot exist without evil. Just because evil exists in the world does not mean He is evil.

Wrong. Of course good can exist without evil.

Let's go with the assumption that He is evil. Why does he allow us to experience joy?

What joy?

Why does sex feel good? why does food taste good?

Science not god.

If there was an evil person who had a group under his control, do you really think that the evil person would allow so much pleasure?

What pleasure?

-FF

Sasha Vassily wrote:

Most of the things you mention are enjoyed by no more than 20% of world population.

I am not saying everything. but some joy is experienced somewhere along the line. in africa they are dying of starvation...but they are still having sex. why? its enjoyable. There's some sort of joy that people experience everywhere whether its family, food, sex, music, etc.

Sasha Vassily wrote:

Just as the tooth fairy can't steal my teeth because she simply doesn't exist.

STFU YOU ASSHOLE! I TOLD YOU NEVER TO SPEAK OF THE TOOTH FAIRY LIKE THAT AGAIN!

(:lolz:)

Sasha Vassily wrote:

Are you a Jew? :rolleyes:

not sure why it would matter...oh,....because she agrees with me? Jewish by association? :p

Phuck Buddy wrote:

I am not saying everything. but some joy is experienced somewhere along the line. in africa they are dying of starvation...but they are still having sex. why? its enjoyable. There's some sort of joy that people experience everywhere whether its family, food, sex, music, etc.

How does this prove god isn't evil?

I used biblical passages, and I can show you Quranic ones too. They both contain evil and disgusting verses which no good god would ever come up with (along with all the contradictions, absurd/illogical verses and scientific errors).

-FF

Final Fantasy wrote:

Wrong. Of course good can exist without evil.

Then it wouldn't be good. everything has an opposite. something can taste good or bad. you can feel hot or cold. sure you could also feel comfortable, but then there's also not comfortable.

there's no joy in your life? you don't like the taste of food? no sexual pleasures? no friends you look forward to seeing?
      if not...why do you even leave your house? why do you go on doing what you're doing. why not just sit at home watch tv all day and twiddle your thumbs?

Final Fantasy wrote:

Science not god.

the topic of this forum is "is G-d evil". Going by that, you have to believe that G-d exists. If you don't believe that, than it wouldn't matter if He is evil or not because your opinion is that He doesn't exist. So now let's say you do think He exists just for the sake of this thread. G-d created all the world, everything in it, etc...including science.

Final Fantasy wrote:

What pleasure?

see response to "what joy"

Phuck Buddy wrote:

Then it wouldn't be good. everything has an opposite. something can taste good or bad. you can feel hot or cold. sure you could also feel comfortable, but then there's also not comfortable.

Good can exist without evil, doing nothing is neither good nor evil, doing something good from doing nothing is good. If God is doing nothing then there's no reason in calling him God. There's a lot of horrible verses.

there's no joy in your life? you don't like the taste of food? no sexual pleasures? no friends you look forward to seeing?
      if not...why do you even leave your house? why do you go on doing what you're doing. why not just sit at home watch tv all day and twiddle your thumbs?

Show me a verse from any religious scripture in which God allows us these things.

the topic of this forum is "is G-d evil". Going by that, you have to believe that G-d exists. If you don't believe that, than it wouldn't matter if He is evil or not because your opinion is that He doesn't exist. So now let's say you do think He exists just for the sake of this thread. G-d created all the world, everything in it, etc...including science.

I don't believe in god, I'm saying he is evil based on the fact of what the scriptures tell us.

-FF