McAfee Expires/Two Viruses

• Re: McAfee Expires/Two Viruses

Lol you work at a fail retail store "fixing" computers. Get a real job. You're probably made to sell so much AV software that you're brainwashed into thinking that's better. Well the best AV is Avast! anyways. I guess FreeBSD and the half dozen good Linux distros now suck because they don't cost anything.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

I've had both of those viruses and they suck! I fixed it the last time with a system restore. Surprised the fuck outta me. None of the above/aforementioned avp protect or can even detect the type of virus you have and if you read their small print so to speak they admit it. I run kaspersky on one of my laptops but I hardly use that laptop ever. I have macafee on my other which is an hp pavilion and now there's something going on with it as usual(its had probs since after the 2 yr mark esp with auto updates) anyway, i d k if this new issue is a virus ormthe laptop?Malware bytes let a Trojan into my desktop back east at school.I used to use avast(free version) since like 6th grade but after their last version 6? They went to shyt. Running tandem protection usually causes probs as someone already wrote. I don't know much about Microsoft security essentials whatever but maybe it's worth a shot. Def make dell deal with those security fakes cause they come out of India where dells tech support is. I know it's expensive but I would suggest a Mac . That's what I use for a desktop here in my rents house . And for small shyt I have an iPad . Sorry for t m I but when I read about those freakin security viruses I got pissed. They've gotten me like 3 x. And so I ranted...

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Wow should have looked at the dates before ranting. Oh well felt good anyway....

Joe1996 wrote:

I recommend Avast, it's free. Although, I have a Mac so I don't have to worry about viruses as much as you :rolleyes:

I hope you get the Flashback Trojan.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Joe1996 wrote:

Nope. Firstly that's fixed, and secondly it's quite hard to get it unless you're a complete computer idiot and clicking on every link you find.

An infection that requires no user interaction isn't "quite hard to get". And glad to hear Apple finally decided to patch this even though it's been identified since February.

Joe1996 wrote:

unless you're a complete computer idiot

So basically the entire Mac population.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

DamnImGood wrote:

An infection that requires no user interaction isn't "quite hard to get". And glad to hear Apple finally decided to patch this even though it's been identified since February.

So basically the entire Mac population.

Yeah, they were a bit slow.
      And I don't really understand how 'the entire Mac population' can be idiots, but whatever

Joe1996 wrote:

Yeah, they were a bit slow.
      And I don't really understand how 'the entire Mac population' can be idiots, but whatever

Are you kidding? They spend thousands of dollars to browse Facebook or write up essays. Majority of computer use nowadays is done in the browser - a free application.

Also, Apple advertizing targets the lowest common denominator.
      - George Carlin

DamnImGood wrote:

Are you kidding? They spend thousands of dollars to browse Facebook or write up essays. Majority of computer use nowadays is done in the browser - a free application.

Also, Apple advertizing targets the lowest common denominator.

So you're saying that people are idiots if they buy something which is more expensive? So if I bought an expensive house rather than a cheap house it would be worse and that would make me an idiot? Or am I just misunderstanding your point? :p

Matt wrote:

Your comparison isn't specific enough, therefore is invalid.

Where some person buys a Mac for say £1.2k, I can buy a system for £650 and have more resources at my finger tips than the Mac user.

Yeah, that's true but in most cases there will be something very similar (or better) than what you're buying for cheaper.
      I know the Mac is more expensive, but an iMac for example (which I bought for £1000) is slightly better specs as my last £400 PC. Except my old PC looked terrible and I was almost ashamed for people to see it, but with the Mac it looks very good and I'm not ashamed for people to see it. I also had to keep worrying about viruses because people in our network kept getting infected and they were spreading around the network. Since getting the Mac I've not worried about that at all.

(My £400 PC is just the PC - Not the screen as well)

Here's one reason for getting a Mac rather than PC - For a bit extra money you can get extended coverage for a Mac which means if anything happens to it, Apple will repair it for that one-off cost. So if the disk fails, or it falls off your desk and breaks.. It's a very cheap repair. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get that anywhere other than Apple. Also, if I'm not mistaken, you can buy that every 3 years so it never runs out - That way your computer is perfectly safe.

Joe1996 wrote:

I know the Mac is more expensive, but an iMac for example (which I bought for £1000) is slightly better specs as my last £400 PC.
      If you put the same money into a custom build as you would a Mac, the custom build will be way better. So again, your comparison is flawed.

Joe1996 wrote:

Except my old PC looked terrible and I was almost ashamed for people to see it
      Appearance means nothing. Performance is where it's at.

Joe1996 wrote:

I also had to keep worrying about viruses because people in our network kept getting infected and they were spreading around the network. Since getting the Mac I've not worried about that at all.
      Sounds like a £1k fix that doesn't really solve the virus problem on your network, nice.

Joe1996 wrote:

For a bit extra money you can get extended coverage for a Mac which means if anything happens to it, Apple will repair it for that one-off cost.
      You can get this type of support with anything, and it can even be free in some cases.

Joe1996 wrote:

or it falls off your desk and breaks..
      Invest in a better table.. Oh wait, you can't all your money went to a Mac.

Joe1996 wrote:

I don't think you can get that anywhere other than Apple.
      As previously said, you can get it almost anywhere. Whether it be directly from the manufacturer or from the place you bought it. But if you have a decent computing area, and stuff you wouldn't even have to worry about any of that.

Joe1996 wrote:

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you can buy that every 3 years so it never runs out - That way your computer is perfectly safe.
      You pay for extra to make sure your system is "safe", I don't I simply rely of the 1 year I get given for free and if any breaks (which is extremely rare, the only thing close to failing is my eco HDD) I just get a replacement.

Sooo, is there anything else the Mac is better for?

Joe1996 wrote:

So you're saying that people are idiots if they buy something which is more expensive? So if I bought an expensive house rather than a cheap house it would be worse and that would make me an idiot? Or am I just misunderstanding your point? :p

If the less expensive item does the exact same thing, then yes, you're an idiot.

Joe1996 wrote:

Except my old PC looked terrible and I was almost ashamed for people to see it, but with the Mac it looks very good and I'm not ashamed for people to see it.

Who fucking cares what your computer looks like? It's a computer for crying out loud. No one cares what it looks like because in the end how it performs is all that matters.

Joe1996 wrote:

I also had to keep worrying about viruses because people in our network kept getting infected and they were spreading around the network. Since getting the Mac I've not worried about that at all.

This is what ignorant Mac users actually believe.

Joe1996 wrote:

Here's one reason for getting a Mac rather than PC - For a bit extra money you can get extended coverage for a Mac which means if anything happens to it, Apple will repair it for that one-off cost. So if the disk fails, or it falls off your desk and breaks.. It's a very cheap repair. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get that anywhere other than Apple. Also, if I'm not mistaken, you can buy that every 3 years so it never runs out - That way your computer is perfectly safe.

Dude, AppleCare is just a warranty like any other. You can spend money to got extended warranties for anything - they'll be glad to take your money.
      - George Carlin