I'm 15 and Pregnant

• I'm 15 and Pregnant

The title says it all...I'm scared.

I feel my family hates me, my parents didn't know i was sleeping with my boyfriend unti they found out i was pregnant. And they're dissapointed in me to say the least.

I've been with my boyfriend Kevin, for over a year, and he's also really scared and nervous that he's going to be a dad at 16.

We've decided to go ahead and have and raise the baby. I'm determaned to have it. But i'm just very scared and emotional and don't know how to deal with all the stress that comes along with the pregnancy.

Al x
    • Re: I'm 15 and Pregnant

obviously you wern't planning for this baby then and wern't so careful? just remember that you lose your childhood from here------- and even if this guy walks out on you because he can't handle it, your still going to have to cope with everything, but good luck
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

You've already made the decision to keep the child, so the biggest part is over.
      Have faith in yourself. You're young, yes, but for all the rubbish teenage mothers out there, there are those who do a good job, and can cope.
      You can be either one, you just have to believe that you can do it and do your best, that's all you CAN do.

wow is all i can say i mean you have made the choice to keep it but like someone already told you your teenage life ends here and now you have to grow up really really fast and hopefully everything will be ok my sister was pregnant at 16 and she went through so much because she knew she made a mistake so she wouldnt let my parents help her out so there was days when she didnt have money to buy food its sad and really hard but if you love this child and can find happiness in the end of the day you should be proud when you see your baby's first steps hang in there and just be strong you made a mistake and now take responsibility for it just dont give up and dont be another statistic of a unresposible mother. Good Luck!!:o

Jia-Ren-Qu wrote:

You should marry him too.
      That way the baby can be in a stable environment.:)
      Good Luck with it.

I heard that can be the worst thing to do. A baby can destroy the relationship and it won't last.

My advice is sicne you already kept it. Just research and be prepared for the babies arrival. Also I would plan on trying to find a job and try getting your boyfriend to get one so you guys have monvey to pay for the baby they are expensive.

Good luck.
      There is only one happiness in life,
      to love and be loved.

- George Sand -:lovey:

good for you.

its gonna be scary.

dont do anything your not comfortable doing. or because you think its 'right'
      eg getting married. because if you get scared and split up its gonna be 100 times worse.

15's young. but manageable.
      youll have good relation ship with yer kid because its not a huge age gap.

it will be hard. but you will get so much out of it!

hope you are excited!

your parents need to be there for you. and if not its a shame. be for your child. and they will come around eventually :)

love xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for everyone's advice and support!

We definantly were NOT planning to have a baby, and we were careful, We did use protection but obviously, something went wrong.

It's a huge change in both our lives, but my boyfriend Kevin is beging really supportive about it all which is the best thing I could ever ask for.

I know both our teenage lives are going to end and we'll have to grow up REALLY fast. And that sort of scares me, but we've made our first adult decision to keep and raise the baby.

I think a lot of people my age want to be an adult and do adult things, and i'm getting the chance to do that, so I feel excited in a big way!

I'm looking at the bright side, that we're bringing a new life into the world.

My boyfriend, Kevin does have a job, it doesn't pay much though. We've always wanted to finish school, so we're going to stick with finishing school, so maybe then one of us, if not both can get a good paying job.

I decided to keep the baby because there was no way I could get rid of (abort) something which is living inside of me. And not to put it up for adoption because I couldn't give away a baby who's lived inside of me for 9 months, because I would built a strong connection with the baby over the 9 months.

I just couldn't hand it over to some complete strangers and never see it again. It would make me feel horrible for the rest of my life if I did that.

Thankfully, Kevin feels the same way and supports the decision to keep the baby.

I'm just feel really nervous about everything, my emotions are everywhere.

I feel that my parents think that i'm a slut for getting pregnent and that they can't call me their little good girl anymore and they're now really cold towards me. My two brothers want to beat Kevin up for getting me pregnent too, so it's not the best situation to be in with my family and i'm not sure how to make that right.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your support, understanding and advice and taking the time to read this. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Al x

if your sure its what you want you should sit your family down and tell them its what you want and you wern't planning for this baby but you can't just get rid of it, explain how you feel, they should coem around evntually just give them time, they're probably shocked and dissappointed in you but at the end of the day they love you so will support you in what you want
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

I'm glad your boyfriend is supportive. And hopefully he'll remain supportive of the child no matter how your relationship ends up. A baby puts a LOT of stress on long-term adult relationships, let alone short teenage ones. It is likely you'll both grow to want and value different things as you grow older and more mature.. but for the baby's sake, I pray to God you two can always remain civil and communicating.

Marriage isn't the best idea. As I just said, you both are young and it is likely you'll grow apart as you mature and find out who you are and what you want. You don't HAVE to marry him just because you are pregnant. I urge you not to. Instead, I'd rather just see both of you supporting this baby together. And when you are done with school, if you are still together and love eachother, then would be the better, right time to get married if you so wish.

And just because you are having a baby, don't expect to be treated like an adult. Having a baby doesn't make you an adult, it makes you a baby with a baby. Your parents will still be your parents. They'll still set the rules, adn you will still be expected to follow them.

And now would be the time to start following them. Becomign a good, strong role model doesn't happen over night. It takes practice. Good, earnest practice. Having a child changes everything, and you need to be the kidn of person taht will be a good influence on your child.

Why don't you try and get your family involved, even if they are treating you coldly at the moment? Ask your mum for advice about pregnancy.. include your dad and brothers in on all the new things your find out?!?!
      Once your little bundle of joy is here, it will become the most natrual thing in the world for you, GOOD LUCK!! :)